Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Why Don't Managers Shake After Games ??

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Why Don't Managers Shake After Games ??

Unread postby sydarris » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:55 pm

I have wondered about this for some time. After NFL games, each team's head coach crosses the field to shake hands. Basketball coaches do the same along the sidelines. But why don't we see baseball managers meet and shake hands? It almost seems there is a general animosity afloat. The dugouts are not that far apart, and yet the winning team stays on the field and high-fives all over the place while the losing team disappears.
sydarris

Unread postby pup » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:14 pm

I have wondered about this for some time. After NFL games, each team's head coach crosses the field to shake hands. Basketball coaches do the same along the sidelines. But why don't we see baseball managers meet and shake hands? It almost seems there is a general animosity afloat. The dugouts are not that far apart, and yet the winning team stays on the field and high-fives all over the place while the losing team disappears.

This is a really interesting question that I actually sat back and that about for a reason. the best I could come up with is this: Most football teams and players run onto the field, as well as the coaches, because that is where they have to go for the locker room. Same with basketball. The tunnels are usally the same, or close to each other, so you don't really have a choice. It probably evolved from there to just meeting up in the middle of the field.

Baseball teams can just turn around and go the opposite direction.

Just a wild ass guess.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby mswerb » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:48 pm

Why do they wear uniforms?
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ