Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Weekly Excel Files

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Weekly Excel Files

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:37 am

I have discovered what a pain in the butt statistics can be on a weekly basis. I've been tracking Tribe stats for my weekly column and have found myself jumping between the individual box scores and the weekly stat compilations - which I have to essentially subtract from the previous week.

It blows.

This week I had the ingenius idea of creating an Excel worksheet that allows me to plug in the player stats. The worksheet computes the individual avg, OBP, SLG, and OPS and a per day and weekly basis. It then totals down all the player totals, tabulating all the numbers and calculating the team avg, OBP, OPS, SLG for the week.

I haven't put together the pitching worksheet yet. That's tomorrow night's project.

The reason I'm telling ya'll this is I think there may be people out there who'd like a copy of the empty worksheets for tracking stats. All the formulas are in place and I'm building it to allow for ten games per week per hitter with 20 slots available for tracking hitters. I'll design the pitcher worksheet with plenty of room.

There also might be people out there who'd like the Tribe weekly stats. I'm saving each week on my hard drive and would be more than happy to email each week out on Sunday night after I finish my column.

Anyone interested either respond here or, even better, throw me an email with a request. This is about the easiest way that I can think of unless Tony, Buff, or someone else knows of a site that keeps a database and tracks these things.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby swerb » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:46 am

Mac Attack, shoot it over to me when you post your column every Sun night. I'd love to look at it ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby He Gone » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:46 pm

Hook me up with that too.
He Gone
O-H-I-O

Unread postby YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:55 pm

Yea same, just LMK where to email you. Thanks
YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!

Weekly Files

Unread postby monty980 » Thu May 03, 2007 3:50 pm

If you could send me that too it would be great. Thanks!
monty980

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB