Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

League Park

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

League Park

Unread postby tzxb4v » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:35 pm

So the wife and i decided to take a trip past League park on Sunday. I had never personally seen it and from what i had read about it, it was something special. At one time! I took the drive over to 66th and Lexington where some of the greatest players ever in our team's and baseball's history played ball. (Feller, Lemon, Cy Young, Boudreau, etc.) I have to say i was not filled with warm feelings of a teams history but instead i drove past felling a little angry almost embaressed for how it looks now and the way it was just tossed aside like it was something not worth saving. I love history and espesially history i can personally be proud of, as most Cleveland fans know history is about all we have, that is with sports. I have heard rumors of rebuilding it and having city leagues play there or maybe even exhibition games but from what i see it looks like the next step is having a nice parking lot there. i would have to say the most depressing view was the graffiti sprayed on the bricks. If they are going to rebuild the once home of the Indians, Buckeyes, And Spiders I would love to see it done soon before any more damage occures.
tzxb4v

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:28 pm

What would give you the impression that anything built in that location is going to see any amount of respect?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB