Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:38 am

The suspense was killing me, so I ran out to my car to find out what happened to cause me to drop those 2 games. Randy fking Myers gave up 4 fking runs in one fking inning. Nice "closer." I hate Randy Myers.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 am

The Jacksons showed some early mental toughness by taking two of three. But I've got to get better performances from my mid-rotation starters. And Kent Tekulve was shaky in his first save opportunity, though he did get the job done.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:52 am

gotribe31 wrote:The suspense was killing me, so I ran out to my car to find out what happened to cause me to drop those 2 games. Randy fking Myers gave up 4 fking runs in one fking inning. Nice "closer." I hate Randy Myers.

Got the wrong Nasty Boy.

Image
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:59 am

King Kelly starts the season off with a homer, Pedro strikes out fourteen, and we're off and running. Starting out 3-0 is a nice warm feeling.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby Jumbo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:King Kelly starts the season off with a homer, Pedro strikes out fourteen, and we're off and running. Starting out 3-0 is a nice warm feeling.


We've got a rematch coming up tomorrow. I expect my team to bounce back from its mistakes last night.
User avatar
Jumbo
Chowderhead
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:29 pm
Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Re: Is it Time?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:31 pm

This game looks to be pretty easy.

Suck that Donny :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

/for one day only I earned the right to take that shot ;-) ;) :wink:




FUDU wrote:I got something for the top of your fuckn head.

ETA: Rich is a lucky bastard and he knows it, 2 errors giving up essentially game winning runs, from easily one of the two best defensive teams in the league, total horse shit, not to mention HAL wasted no time in fucking me by NOT pitching Eck in the 9th of game 2 when he totally should have.

Might want to move this thread to a lesser viewed fantasy forum b/c at this rate my profanity and death wishes will not look good to some of your new sponsors.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Is it Time?

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:48 pm

peeker643 wrote:This game looks to be pretty easy.

Suck that Donny :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

/for one day only I earned the right to take that shot ;-) ;) :wink:



Eh, you've basically just won the first hand of a hold em' tournament, IOW you're fucked now.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Is it Time?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:02 pm

FUDU wrote:
peeker643 wrote:This game looks to be pretty easy.

Suck that Donny :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

/for one day only I earned the right to take that shot ;-) ;) :wink:



Eh, you've basically just won the first hand of a hold em' tournament, IOW you're fucked now.


If ya don't win the first hand ya can't win 'em all Donny. Not to mention I went on the road to take all three. Where'd you lose all yours?

Maybe there's a Window Licking League for you and your squad?

:lmfao: :lmfao: :tool:

/taking full advantage of today
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby Selbyisgod » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Lofton
Jackie Robinson
Tony Gwynn
Josh Gibson
Ralph Kiner
Joe Carter
Jacoby
M Wills
V Coleman/Fielder

Jacoby is already killing me and the Jackson's Tom Pagnozzi is batting .571 against me.

I let my tribe bias and the movie "Soul for the Game" cloud my judgement.

This morning I grabbed the IPAD to see my scores before I even hit the snooze button. This can't be healthy. Hopefully i stay in hte running for a while to keep this buzz going.
User avatar
Selbyisgod
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:14 pm
Favorite Player: Bill Selby
Least Favorite Player: Elway

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Sample inning:



*** TOP OF INNING 1 ***
0 G.Matthews 5-9 Strike Out b- F9
1 R.Alomar 3-7 Walk b- F9
1 1 Stolen Base 1- F9
1 2 O.Charleston 5-6 Ground Out (2B) 2-3 b-0 F9
2 3 G.Goslin 2-3 Ground Out (1B) b-0 F9
*** BOTTOM OF INNING 1 ***
0 I.Suzuki 3-10 Single (RF) b-1 F9
0 1 C.Bell 2-5 Walk 1-2 b-1 F9
0 12 S.Musial 5-6 Strike Out b-0 F9
1 12 F.Lindstrom 2-8 Single (LF) 2-H 1-2 b-1 F9
1 12 B.Herman 2-6 Ground Out (2B) Double Play 1-o b-0 F9



I get some of this. If someone could eplain wha the numbers here are I would appreciate it.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:10 pm

First numbers is how many outs , the 2-8 for Lindstrom is the dice roll, 2-H is runner from 2nd scoring, 1-2 is runner 1b to 2nd , b-1 is batter to first., I forget what f9 is.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:12 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Sample inning:



*** TOP OF INNING 1 ***
0 G.Matthews 5-9 Strike Out b- F9
1 R.Alomar 3-7 Walk b- F9
1 1 Stolen Base 1- F9
1 2 O.Charleston 5-6 Ground Out (2B) 2-3 b-0 F9
2 3 G.Goslin 2-3 Ground Out (1B) b-0 F9
*** BOTTOM OF INNING 1 ***
0 I.Suzuki 3-10 Single (RF) b-1 F9
0 1 C.Bell 2-5 Walk 1-2 b-1 F9
0 12 S.Musial 5-6 Strike Out b-0 F9
1 12 F.Lindstrom 2-8 Single (LF) 2-H 1-2 b-1 F9
1 12 B.Herman 2-6 Ground Out (2B) Double Play 1-o b-0 F9



I get some of this. If someone could eplain wha the numbers here are I would appreciate it.


Quit rubbing it in. You won. Enough already.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:14 pm

gotribe31 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Sample inning:



*** TOP OF INNING 1 ***
0 G.Matthews 5-9 Strike Out b- F9
1 R.Alomar 3-7 Walk b- F9
1 1 Stolen Base 1- F9
1 2 O.Charleston 5-6 Ground Out (2B) 2-3 b-0 F9
2 3 G.Goslin 2-3 Ground Out (1B) b-0 F9
*** BOTTOM OF INNING 1 ***
0 I.Suzuki 3-10 Single (RF) b-1 F9
0 1 C.Bell 2-5 Walk 1-2 b-1 F9
0 12 S.Musial 5-6 Strike Out b-0 F9
1 12 F.Lindstrom 2-8 Single (LF) 2-H 1-2 b-1 F9
1 12 B.Herman 2-6 Ground Out (2B) Double Play 1-o b-0 F9



I get some of this. If someone could eplain wha the numbers here are I would appreciate it.


Quit rubbing it in. You won. Enough already.


Hey gotribe...
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:16 pm

FUDU wrote:First numbers is how many outs , the 2-8 for Lindstrom is the dice roll, 2-H is runner from 2nd scoring, 1-2 is runner 1b to 2nd , b-1 is batter to first., I forget what f9 is.


Thanks

What is the 12 right after the outs for Lindstrom?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:24 pm

12 means runners on 1st n 2nd for said AB, how I know this is still a mystery b/c I never had that scenario last night.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:31 pm

FUDU wrote:12 means runners on 1st n 2nd for said AB, how I know this is still a mystery b/c I never had that scenario last night.


What's the 0-3 mean after your team's name?

I'm new to this so I was just wondering and it seems to be directly opposite of what my numbers say.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:29 pm

peeker643 wrote:
FUDU wrote:12 means runners on 1st n 2nd for said AB, how I know this is still a mystery b/c I never had that scenario last night.


What's the 0-3 mean after your team's name?

I'm new to this so I was just wondering and it seems to be directly opposite of what my numbers say.


:lmfao:
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:15 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Sample inning:



*** TOP OF INNING 1 ***
0 G.Matthews 5-9 Strike Out b- F9
1 R.Alomar 3-7 Walk b- F9
1 1 Stolen Base 1- F9
1 2 O.Charleston 5-6 Ground Out (2B) 2-3 b-0 F9
2 3 G.Goslin 2-3 Ground Out (1B) b-0 F9
*** BOTTOM OF INNING 1 ***
0 I.Suzuki 3-10 Single (RF) b-1 F9
0 1 C.Bell 2-5 Walk 1-2 b-1 F9
0 12 S.Musial 5-6 Strike Out b-0 F9
1 12 F.Lindstrom 2-8 Single (LF) 2-H 1-2 b-1 F9
1 12 B.Herman 2-6 Ground Out (2B) Double Play 1-o b-0 F9



I get some of this. If someone could eplain wha the numbers here are I would appreciate it.


Explanation of Play-by-Play notation
Consider the following example:

1 12 A.Pujols 2-10 Single 2-H 1-o b-1 bpSI 1-11 F9

The first "1" means there was 1 out.
The "12" means there were runners on 1st and 2nd.
"A.Pujols" is the batter's name.
"2-10" is the play's dice roll.
"Single" is the result of the play.
"2-H" means the runner on 2nd base scored.
"1-o" means the runner on 1st base was thrown out trying to advance to 3rd.
"b-1" means the batter reached 1st base.
"bpSI 1-11" means the play was a ballpark single chance of 1-11 (out of 20).
"F9" was the pitcher's Pitch Count Fatigue level immediately after the play.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:36 am

gotribe31 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Sample inning:



*** TOP OF INNING 1 ***
0 G.Matthews 5-9 Strike Out b- F9
1 R.Alomar 3-7 Walk b- F9
1 1 Stolen Base 1- F9
1 2 O.Charleston 5-6 Ground Out (2B) 2-3 b-0 F9
2 3 G.Goslin 2-3 Ground Out (1B) b-0 F9
*** BOTTOM OF INNING 1 ***
0 I.Suzuki 3-10 Single (RF) b-1 F9
0 1 C.Bell 2-5 Walk 1-2 b-1 F9
0 12 S.Musial 5-6 Strike Out b-0 F9
1 12 F.Lindstrom 2-8 Single (LF) 2-H 1-2 b-1 F9
1 12 B.Herman 2-6 Ground Out (2B) Double Play 1-o b-0 F9



I get some of this. If someone could eplain wha the numbers here are I would appreciate it.


Explanation of Play-by-Play notation
Consider the following example:

1 12 A.Pujols 2-10 Single 2-H 1-o b-1 bpSI 1-11 F9

The first "1" means there was 1 out.
The "12" means there were runners on 1st and 2nd.
"A.Pujols" is the batter's name.
"2-10" is the play's dice roll.
"Single" is the result of the play.
"2-H" means the runner on 2nd base scored.
"1-o" means the runner on 1st base was thrown out trying to advance to 3rd.
"b-1" means the batter reached 1st base.
"bpSI 1-11" means the play was a ballpark single chance of 1-11 (out of 20).
"F9" was the pitcher's Pitch Count Fatigue level immediately after the play.

:lmfao: :lmfao:

I just looked at some scores and saw this right at the bottom of the page. I'm such a dumbass.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:38 am

FUDU! You Son of a Motherless Goat!

Lucky Bastard.

Really? Johan Santana fails to get an out in the first inning?

HAL must have been feeling sorry for you.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:02 am

How do I have three major guys on IR after two days? WTF?
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:32 am

motherscratcher wrote:FUDU! You Son of a Motherless Goat!

Lucky Bastard.

Really? Johan Santana fails to get an out in the first inning?

HAL must have been feeling sorry for you.


Maybe if you made a few more moves on 1/30 you'd have faired better.

Just be happy I dropped RJ, you could have been swept.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:34 am

Survive the injury to The Babe to take 2 of 3 from Al. Biggio and Minnie Minoso have been great at the top of the lineup. #1 staff through six games behind a solid 2-0 start from Hershiser and three saves in four hitless innings from Dibble. Three against Mother's Camacho's Moustache tonight.

Selby is God's squad - 17 combined steals for Vince Coleman and Kenny Lofton through six games! And Josh Gibson with 7 HR and 16 RBI.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:43 am

swerb wrote:Survive the injury to The Babe to take 2 of 3 from Al. Biggio and Minnie Minoso have been great at the top of the lineup. #1 staff through six games behind a solid 2-0 start from Hershiser and three saves in four hitless innings from Dibble. Three against Mother's Camacho's Moustache tonight.

Selby is God's squad - 17 combined steals for Vince Coleman and Kenny Lofton through six games! And Josh Gibson with 7 HR and 16 RBI.


I need to have a talk with my manager. Tie game going into the 10th, and he leaves Steve Carlton in rather than go to Myers who was well rested. What do I give the guy a bullpen for if he doesn't know how to use it?

Wish I'd save some of those 14 runs in the 1st game for the next 2. A 1-run loss and an extra inning loss stings first thing in the morning, especially when you're missing your $14 million player (or whatever George cost you)
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:46 am

gotribe31 wrote:
swerb wrote:Survive the injury to The Babe to take 2 of 3 from Al. Biggio and Minnie Minoso have been great at the top of the lineup. #1 staff through six games behind a solid 2-0 start from Hershiser and three saves in four hitless innings from Dibble. Three against Mother's Camacho's Moustache tonight.

Selby is God's squad - 17 combined steals for Vince Coleman and Kenny Lofton through six games! And Josh Gibson with 7 HR and 16 RBI.


I need to have a talk with my manager. Tie game going into the 10th, and he leaves Steve Carlton in rather than go to Myers who was well rested. What do I give the guy a bullpen for if he doesn't know how to use it?

Wish I'd save some of those 14 runs in the 1st game for the next 2. A 1-run loss and an extra inning loss stings first thing in the morning, especially when you're missing your $14 million player (or whatever George cost you)

Switch bullpen use to "aggressive". There's also an individual setting you can adjust for Myers to have him come into tie games, use him for two inning saves, etc.

Ride your good arms like the Brewers rode CC down the stretch the year we traded him to them.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 am

FUDU wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:FUDU! You Son of a Motherless Goat!

Lucky Bastard.

Really? Johan Santana fails to get an out in the first inning?

HAL must have been feeling sorry for you.


Maybe if you made a few more moves on 1/30 you'd have faired better.

Just be happy I dropped RJ, you could have been swept.

:lmfao: No kidding. I just ran out of time.

Those guys had my head spinning. Looks like they steered me in the right direction with Lindstrom. Musial, not so much, yet.

Thank God I picked up Ichiro too.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:15 am

Ow.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:28 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Ow.


Damn Madre, how you gonna let Selby do you like that in your own house?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby Jumbo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:45 am

Joey Belle is in the doghouse.

2 for 23 on the season, and then he pulls some serious nonsense. Down by one heading into the ninth inning, Zach Wheat reaches on a two-base error. Bernie Williams grounds into a double play (a ground out double play with the runner on second! :gah: )

So, with two outs, Belle walks. Tubby Scales doubles to centerfield, and Joey is thrown out at home to end the game!

2 A.Belle 1-7 Walk b-1 F9
2 1 T.Scales 6-6 Double (CF) 1-o b-2 F9

:pb:

(Actually, I can't tell if that is being thrown out at home or at third, but I didn't think the game would have someone get thrown out advancing only two bases on a double.)

And, with another stunning display of terrible fundamentals with two mistakes on the basepaths in the ninth inning, the Knees lose 2 out of 3.
User avatar
Jumbo
Chowderhead
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:29 pm
Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Jumbo wrote:Joey Belle is in the doghouse.

2 for 23 on the season, and then he pulls some serious nonsense. Down by one heading into the ninth inning, Zach Wheat reaches on a two-base error. Bernie Williams grounds into a double play (a ground out double play with the runner on second! :gah: )

So, with two outs, Belle walks. Tubby Scales doubles to centerfield, and Joey is thrown out at home to end the game!

2 A.Belle 1-7 Walk b-1 F9
2 1 T.Scales 6-6 Double (CF) 1-o b-2 F9

:pb:

(Actually, I can't tell if that is being thrown out at home or at third, but I didn't think the game would have someone get thrown out advancing only two bases on a double.)

And, with another stunning display of terrible fundamentals with two mistakes on the basepaths in the ninth inning, the Knees lose 2 out of 3.

Jumbo, knowing you, knowing your love of baseball, history, etc - this Strat thing could be a dangerous addiction for you.

I realized it when you said you would play ... didn't want to mention anything till you couldn't pull out.

Let me know when you buy your first 5-pack of teams. ;-) ;) :wink:
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby Jumbo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 pm

swerb wrote:
Jumbo wrote:Joey Belle is in the doghouse.

2 for 23 on the season, and then he pulls some serious nonsense. Down by one heading into the ninth inning, Zach Wheat reaches on a two-base error. Bernie Williams grounds into a double play (a ground out double play with the runner on second! :gah: )

So, with two outs, Belle walks. Tubby Scales doubles to centerfield, and Joey is thrown out at home to end the game!

2 A.Belle 1-7 Walk b-1 F9
2 1 T.Scales 6-6 Double (CF) 1-o b-2 F9

:pb:

(Actually, I can't tell if that is being thrown out at home or at third, but I didn't think the game would have someone get thrown out advancing only two bases on a double.)

And, with another stunning display of terrible fundamentals with two mistakes on the basepaths in the ninth inning, the Knees lose 2 out of 3.

Jumbo, knowing you, knowing your love of baseball, history, etc - this Strat thing could be a dangerous addiction for you.

I realized it when you said you would play ... didn't want to mention anything till you couldn't pull out.

Let me know when you buy your first 5-pack of teams. ;-) ;) :wink:


:cheers:

We'll see if I can keep my sanity through this season. Having my team play like the Posnanski-era Royals is not helping.

Speaking of which, if anyone hasn't read this...read this:

http://joeposnanski.blogspot.com/2010/12/agony-of-defeat.html

And I looked at the box score again, and it actually was just a one-base error...so just an ordinary GIDP...misread the 2B as two bases rather than second-baseman's error. Oh well. :bag:
User avatar
Jumbo
Chowderhead
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:29 pm
Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Jumbo at the risk of ruining your marriage and your relationship with TCF Tribe boards, you should check out the strat boards.

Side note, the East Division has a tight run differential, interesting to see if that continues throughout the season.

RS a hi of 30, a lo of 26, RA a hi of 31 a low of 28.
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/league/standings.html
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Might need to have a closed-door meeting with Will Clark if he doesn't get it turned around at the dish. That .314 OPS isn't going to get it done.

On a happier note, the Jewish Kid is 2-0 with a 0.76 WHIP. Mazel tov.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:40 pm

FUDU wrote:Jumbo at the risk of ruining your marriage and your relationship with TCF Tribe boards, you should check out the strat boards.

Side note, the East Division has a tight run differential, interesting to see if that continues throughout the season.

RS a hi of 30, a lo of 26, RA a hi of 31 a low of 28.
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/league/standings.html


Doesn't change the fact that you and I are fighting to see who gets to occupy the divison basement tonight.

Still pissed at Randy Myers. And wondering WTF is wrong with Steve Carlton.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:42 pm

gotribe31 wrote:
FUDU wrote:Jumbo at the risk of ruining your marriage and your relationship with TCF Tribe boards, you should check out the strat boards.

Side note, the East Division has a tight run differential, interesting to see if that continues throughout the season.

RS a hi of 30, a lo of 26, RA a hi of 31 a low of 28.
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/league/standings.html


Doesn't change the fact that you and I are fighting to see who gets to occupy the divison basement tonight.

Still pissed at Randy Myers. And wondering WTF is wrong with Steve Carlton.


Damn- Y'all are like 98% of the Tribe board ready to scrap the season after the equivalent of one week. :lmfao:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 pm

peeker643 wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:
FUDU wrote:Jumbo at the risk of ruining your marriage and your relationship with TCF Tribe boards, you should check out the strat boards.

Side note, the East Division has a tight run differential, interesting to see if that continues throughout the season.

RS a hi of 30, a lo of 26, RA a hi of 31 a low of 28.
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/league/standings.html


Doesn't change the fact that you and I are fighting to see who gets to occupy the divison basement tonight.

Still pissed at Randy Myers. And wondering WTF is wrong with Steve Carlton.


Damn- Y'all are like 98% of the Tribe board ready to scrap the season after the equivalent of one week. :lmfao:


I already promised myself I wasn't going to make any personnel moves for 10 days. That's 30 games, which should hopefully be enough of a sample size to make appropriate roster moves.

Doesn't mean I can't yell at imaginary Steve Carlton for having a 5.63 ERA and 1.94 WHIP :hic:
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 pm

gotribe31 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:
FUDU wrote:Jumbo at the risk of ruining your marriage and your relationship with TCF Tribe boards, you should check out the strat boards.

Side note, the East Division has a tight run differential, interesting to see if that continues throughout the season.

RS a hi of 30, a lo of 26, RA a hi of 31 a low of 28.
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/league/standings.html


Doesn't change the fact that you and I are fighting to see who gets to occupy the divison basement tonight.

Still pissed at Randy Myers. And wondering WTF is wrong with Steve Carlton.


Damn- Y'all are like 98% of the Tribe board ready to scrap the season after the equivalent of one week. :lmfao:


I already promised myself I wasn't going to make any personnel moves for 10 days. That's 30 games, which should hopefully be enough of a sample size to make appropriate roster moves.

Doesn't mean I can't yell at imaginary Steve Carlton for having a 5.63 ERA and 1.94 WHIP :hic:


Good policy. I just had Johan Santana fail to record an out in his 2nd start. But I'm OK.

I'm OK.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 pm

peeker643 wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:
FUDU wrote:Jumbo at the risk of ruining your marriage and your relationship with TCF Tribe boards, you should check out the strat boards.

Side note, the East Division has a tight run differential, interesting to see if that continues throughout the season.

RS a hi of 30, a lo of 26, RA a hi of 31 a low of 28.
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/league/standings.html


Doesn't change the fact that you and I are fighting to see who gets to occupy the divison basement tonight.

Still pissed at Randy Myers. And wondering WTF is wrong with Steve Carlton.


Damn- Y'all are like 98% of the Tribe board ready to scrap the season after the equivalent of one week. :lmfao:


That is exactly what can happen though if you do not act fast in this, a week can go by and poof you're gone, 21 games in the time span we normally associate nearly a month of ball with. With time constraints of life, and the time this can demand sometimes, you best be payin attention. The Ron Popeil approach rarely works with this, for lesser experienced anyway.

No worries gotribe, we'll all be 6-6 soon enough.

ETA: IMO 30 games is a tad long to wait on some minor adjustments, don't be afraid to make some moves at the 19-20 game mark. However just make sure you're dumping bad cards and not just dumping a guy b/c the dice hasn't rolled his way yet.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:23 pm

FUDU wrote:ETA: IMO 30 games is a tad long to wait on some minor adjustments, don't be afraid to make some moves at the 19-20 game mark. However just make sure you're dumping bad cards and not just dumping a guy b/c the dice hasn't rolled his way yet.


Can we call you Buck Showalter?

I think it fits given you can't win with your team but you're quite insightful with your game theory and advice for others.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:31 pm

FUDU wrote:That is exactly what can happen though if you do not act fast in this, a week can go by and poof you're gone, 21 games in the time span we normally associate nearly a month of ball with. With time constraints of life, and the time this can demand sometimes, you best be payin attention. The Ron Popeil approach rarely works with this, for lesser experienced anyway.

No worries gotribe, we'll all be 6-6 soon enough.

ETA: IMO 30 games is a tad long to wait on some minor adjustments, don't be afraid to make some moves at the 19-20 game mark. However just make sure you're dumping bad cards and not just dumping a guy b/c the dice hasn't rolled his way yet.


Christ. We got the Branch Rickey of Strat on our hands.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:33 pm

peeker643 wrote:
FUDU wrote:ETA: IMO 30 games is a tad long to wait on some minor adjustments, don't be afraid to make some moves at the 19-20 game mark. However just make sure you're dumping bad cards and not just dumping a guy b/c the dice hasn't rolled his way yet.


Can we call you Buck Showalter?

I think it fits given you can't win with your team but you're quite insightful with your game theory and advice for others.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:


STFU your screwing up my attempt to get one of you to drop a guy so I can snag em. If I have to I'll Jedi mind trick you into giving up players.

Move along peeker, move along.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Getting my two cents in before I disappear for a long time, but all in good fun Herm all in good fun, now GFY.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:41 pm

I love this game.

It's tremendous.

My kingdom for a 12-24 FUDU start so it can continue.

(yeah Donny, that's divisible by 3 because I know you'd check) :salute: :dingle:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:51 pm

FUDU wrote:Getting my two cents in before I disappear for a long time, but all in good fun Herm all in good fun, now GFY.


Talk to me all you want, DU, but you need to be worrying about this man.

Image
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:48 am

We're back! Took 2 of 3 from FUDU. About time we won a series. Swerb is threatening to run away with this thing though.

Goddamn Randy Myers blew a save, but pitched 4 innings of relief to pick up the win in extras. Good think we had Big Train going in the next game, needed that complete game out of him.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby Jumbo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:38 am

The Joey update: 3-35. (2 of the hits have been home runs, though.)

Lee Smith blew his first save opportunity. (He luckily came back in the next game so we didn't get swept again.)

The meltdown is in high gear.
User avatar
Jumbo
Chowderhead
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:29 pm
Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby Jumbo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:41 am

Quick look at the statistics.

The bottom four guys in the league in OPS are all my guys.

Combined salary: $15.33M.

:bag:
User avatar
Jumbo
Chowderhead
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:29 pm
Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:32 am

Josh Gibson has 12 homers in 12 games, there's 186 home runs total in 72 games played. The league ERA is at 4.89.

I demand steroid testing.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:29 am

Finally slowed down the Swerb express last night...took 2 of 3 from The Man himself. The "postgame quotes" were pretty funny. After Dibble blew a save, "Swerb" basically kicked the reporters out of his office.

Makes it tough for them to write up games when both teams are named Cleveland. At one point, they said that Cleveland outhit Cleveland 9-6 or something like that.

This is fun.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: TCF - All Time Greats Online Stratomatic League

Unread postby Jumbo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:58 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Josh Gibson has 12 homers in 12 games, there's 186 home runs total in 72 games played. The league ERA is at 4.89.

I demand steroid testing.


As for my team...I demand steroids.
User avatar
Jumbo
Chowderhead
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:29 pm
Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest