Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Is Hafner the Most Underrated Hitter?

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Is Hafner the Most Underrated Hitter?

Unread postby Hoover » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:14 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Been a Tribe fan since 1967. You got a good site here and a good bunch of fans from I've seen.

Sports Weekly says Pronk is the most underrated hitter in baseball. They say he's the 4th best hitter. But nobody outside of Cleveland knows about him.

They also have him at 17th best ever. I'm amazed. He's good, but 17th best out of thousands of hitters is something else.

I don't know about all the stats they put in there. Do you think he's the most underrated?
Hoover

well

Unread postby dmcdougal » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:38 pm

I don't know if I would call him the most underrated hitter. Placido Polanco, Joe Crede, and David Eckstein are all pretty overrated. Travis Hafner is of course the best of that group, but he gets a lot of love from baseball experts, especially the crew on Baseball Tonight.
dmcdougal

Unread postby Hoover » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:40 pm

Yeah they give him some props.

But Hafner has never come close to being voted on the All Star Game. Outside of Cleveland most fans don't even know who he is.

But after tonight's game and that 500 foot moonshot, I suspect the word's getting around. :mrgreen:
Hoover

Unread postby dmcdougal » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:00 pm

oops. I just noticed in my earlier post that I said Crede and the others were overrated.. I of course meant underrated.
dmcdougal

Unread postby consigliere » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:31 pm

dmcdougal wrote:oops. I just noticed in my earlier post that I said Crede and the others were overrated.. I of course meant underrated.

You had it right the first time. :mrgreen:
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB