Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Nice start

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Nice start

Unread postby consigliere » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:34 pm

Is it just me, or have the Indians played just good enough to win? Usually, when a team is on a good streak, the team is mostly hitting on all cylinders. But, the Indians have been piss-poor hitting with RISP, the defense somewhat shaky, Vic is out, most of the lineup is in a funk.......yet the Indians are 6-3 and have won the first three series of the season.

Just goes to show how important pitching is.

And, gotta love taking 2 of 3 from the Sox twice.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Re: Nice start

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:46 pm

Consigliere wrote:Is it just me, or have the Indians played just good enough to win? Usually, when a team is on a good streak, the team is mostly hitting on all cylinders. But, the Indians have been piss-poor hitting with RISP, the defense somewhat shaky, Vic is out, most of the lineup is in a funk.......yet the Indians are 6-3 and have won the first three series of the season.

Just goes to show how important pitching is.

And, gotta love taking 2 of 3 from the Sox twice.

Yeah, I kinda felt that and then looked at the numbers and they actually look pretty good. I have yet to really be blown away and yet they're 6-3 and ahead in all their season series thus far.

The pitching numbers, for instance, look good but no one outside of Cabrera, who has been filthy, has floored me.

Good Lord, the Tribe got one hit today versus the White Sox's six and managed to win. They made Contreras work, got the walks, didn't always use the errors to their advantage, but scraped together two runs and managed to make it work. CC didn't look bad, but it's hard for any pitcher to look sharp in that kind of weather. Yet they made it work.

The team is batting .281, has a .367 OBP, .485 SLG, and a.852 OPS. Outside of the first game it really doesn't feel like it.

The pitching staff has a 3.80 ERA and that ERA is padded by four worthless runs from the first game. Borowski has cobbled together five saves, three of them one run wins.

Things can always change quickly in baseball, but at this point I'd love to see what this team can do when it fires on all cylinders. Long way to go, but this team might be something special.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB