Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Miller Park - Leg Two

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Miller Park - Leg Two

Unread postby swerb » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Hafner walked to load the bases. Garko follows by hitting into a double play.

Heal up Victor.

Also, who's the last team to win a WS with a shortstop as poor defensively as Honny?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Miller Park - Leg Two

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:10 pm

Swerb wrote:Also, who's the last team to win a WS with a shortstop as poor defensively as Honny?

New York.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby swerb » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:29 pm

Yankees? Jeter '00 < Honny '07?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:23 pm

Man, tough game to listen to tonight. Didn't get to watch, but glad I didn't since it would have been frustrating as hell to actually see Saunders befuddle the offense. Just not a good night at the dish for the Tribe, and also some costly defensive lapses that resulted in two runs off of Westbrook. Go out and win the rubber match tomorrow, and I am can't complain much.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:36 pm

Well, at least Borowski didn't get the opportunity to give us a collective heart attack today. BTW Buff, loved the new nick on Borowski in the B-List. Hopefully Lord Joedemort will stabilize as closer or be ousted before Voldemort gets offed on July 21 (and, being the uber-dork that I am, I will be in line at midnight to get my hands on the last book and I will be staying up all night reading - sad, eh?).

Admittedly I didn't watch this one and am glad I didn't. Boxscores can be wonderful things, even if they don't tell the whole story.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:19 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:Well, at least Borowski didn't get the opportunity to give us a collective heart attack today. BTW Buff, loved the new nick on Borowski in the B-List. Hopefully Lord Joedemort will stabilize as closer or be ousted before Voldemort gets offed on July 21 (and, being the uber-dork that I am, I will be in line at midnight to get my hands on the last book and I will be staying up all night reading - sad, eh?).

I would be more judgemental had I not received my ... er, my son's copy of "Half Blood" at 2:35 AM (we got there later, had a high number). ;-) (Snape's good, you heard it here first.)

Hey, Ferd Cabrera can pitch! Who knew?! :-P
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Steve Buffum wrote:I would be more judgemental had I not received my ... er, my son's copy of "Half Blood" at 2:35 AM (we got there later, had a high number). ;-) (Snape's good, you heard it here first.)

Hey, Ferd Cabrera can pitch! Who knew?! :-P

I don't know if I'd ever accuse Snape of being good, but I tend to agree that he's not really all in with Voldemort. Alas, I have no child to cover my Harry Potter affinity. At least I didn't dress up for the events, nor have I dressed for the numerous Star Wars and Lord of the Rings midnight showings I've been to.

Not sure what was up with Cabrera last year, but I've had high hopes of him returning to form this year.

And Lord Joedemort is up to three saves already. Not bad considering we've only played six. Two series wins. Not it's time to beat the Sox again and work to keep them in fourth place all season.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby drewd » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:18 pm

garko isnt a pitch hitter or a patoon player, hes a full time player who needs to get into a grove to produce!

and i dont want victor back!!! trade victor, Choo, and delucci(spelling???) for a young power left fielder! (35+ home run person)
drewd
Unrealistic Trade Guy

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB