Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

The B-List: 4/10

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

The B-List: 4/10

Unread postby swerb » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:20 pm

Good stuff here Buff. That about sums it up.

4) Have I mentioned the relationship between “Smallball” and “my ass?”

Lord Joedemort (He Who Should Not Be Named Closer) gamely scuffled through his second save, putting the tying run on base in the form of Casey Kotchman, whose single drove in indifferent baserunner Garrett Anderson to close the game to 7-6. Kotchman was replaced by the form of an ice fungus, dressed in Eric Aybar’s uniform, and on a 2-1 count (Joedemort’s strike-to-ball ratio was a brisk 11:9 at that point) tried to steal second base.

Kelly Shoppach made this appear to be one of the worst decisions since … THE LAST TIME AYBAR DID IT, GETTING THROWN OUT FOR THE LAST OUT OF THE ANGELS’ LOSS TO OAKLAND.

There is something to be said for getting yourself in scoring position when you represent the tying run, but there is also something to be said for letting Howie Kendrick, who was FOUR-FOR-FOUR to that point on the evening, swing the @#$*ing bat against Lord Joe, who sports a 9.00 ERA and has earned (so to speak) every ounce of that 9.00. Let’s recap:

Borowski: very bad

Kendrick: very good

Kendrick’s last AB: double off Oldberto Hernandez

Aybar’s last steal attempt with 2 outs in 9th: very bad

Shoppach’s arm: very good

Aybar’s decision: unfathomably, inexplicably, inconceivably, jaw-droppingly bad

I think that about covers it.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:40 pm

7) Non-usage patterns

Mastny, Davis, and Cabrera are on the roster, right?

8) Managerial Head-Scratchers

The aforementioned players make up the first MHS: if a four-run lead in the 8th inning is not safe enough to get Davis or Ferd his first appearance, I’m not sure they deserve roster spots. Or shoes.

I knew this wouldn't get past Buff, and I completely agree.

I was absolutely floored last night that they brought out Oldberto once again to pitch. I still feel, long run, Oldberto will be fine in the bullpen. My main issue behind it, is why was he used? Like Buff said, if you are not going to use Cabrera, Mastny, or Davis up 4 in the 8th, when you ever going to use them? Or, is this more Wedge once again going strictly by the Wedgie Book? You know, that closers pitch the 9th, setup men pitch the 8th or any other tight situation in the 7th, and middle relievers only pitch the 5th-7th innings?

That bugged me last night.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB