Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Isn't Bud Selig great!?!

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Isn't Bud Selig great!?!

Unread postby bookelly » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:05 am

Man has this guy ever improved baseball. I hope they have a nice spot reserved for him in Cooperstown. He sure is great. I wish he could be my step-dad. That would be swell.

Oh yeah..., fuck Bud Selig.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby DarNoor » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:23 am

Is it any surprie that under his tenure baseball has gone from the number 1 sport in America to number 3? I know some would argue that Baseball is hogher on the food chain than number three, but what can't be argued is that football has passed it by a million miles. Bud Selig is a waste of space.
~D~
DarNoor

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:29 pm

DarNoor wrote:Is it any surprie that under his tenure baseball has gone from the number 1 sport in America to number 3? I know some would argue that Baseball is hogher on the food chain than number three, but what can't be argued is that football has passed it by a million miles. Bud Selig is a waste of space.

I think football had already overtaken baseball by the time Bud started his tenure. I also think baseball is currently #2, though I'd wager you'll argue that NASCAR has passed it. Not too sure on that one, especially with NASCAR stagnating and baseball seeing a rise in attendance.

Selig has many flaws and has done quite a few stupid things, but he's also managed to get two CBAs without strikes and get steroid testing backed by immense public pressure. More could have and should have been done earlier, but there are good aspects to his tenure, the labor peace chief among them. Just look at how many teams are in competition for playoff spots this year.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB