Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Prospects That Can Help In 2006

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Prospects That Can Help In 2006

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:06 pm

Fantastic look at what is on the horizon for the Indians in terms of young talent.

Francisco, Carmona, Snyder, Jason Cooper, and Sipp are all guys I got to see play at Lake County, and it will be interesting to see which of them succesfully progress to the show.

Cabrera is a given to break with the big league club.

While I'd like to see Shoppach, Marte, Brown, and Garko also break with the team, I see all four starting the year at Buffalo as insurance policies to vets like Laker, Boone, Miller, Perez/Broussard.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:27 pm

The Indians have a lot of major league talent on the doorstep of the major leagues. The most since the big influx in 2003.

I think right now, you have to look at Garko, Snyder and Marte as hopefull solutions to the Killer Bs at some point this season, or at the latest next season.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:19 pm

Great job as always Consig. Its always exciting to project these kids and follow their progress throughout their careers.

Let me ask something of you. I have heard different comparisons for Marte to current major league players, such as Rolen, Aramis Ramierez, and Adrian Beltre.

(a) Which those, if any, do you agree with for Marte.

(b) Could you do a similar comparison to some of the other prospects? (Snyder, Garko, Sowers...)
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:29 pm

Of the three you mentioned, Marte most resembles Beltre. Another player he has been compared to is David Wright....

Comparing prospects to current players helps give people an idea of what type of player or potential they have......

Sowers- The most often comparison is Tom Glavine. Same type of mentality and control on the mound (pinpoint control and will work all four corners).....He also has been compared to John Tudor.

Snyder- The best comparison for him is Grady Sizemore. Really the same type of player.....a little bit bigger build and more pop, but maybe just a little less in the high motor department like Grady (Snyder is a gamer though).

Garko- I have no idea who he compares to, nor have any names been attached. I guess a RHed version of Brad Fullmer best describes him.
consigliere

Unread postby SOBO » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:24 pm

I would like to thank you guys for this article. Obviously I put most of my time looking at football talent, but my interest in talent evaluation spreads across all sports. As an Indians fan, I admit that I didn't know much about our minors. Sure, I always hear how loaded our system is and that we have one of the best farms in the majors; but I couldn't have put names to any of that. This article allowed me to do so; and got me quite excited about the team's future overall. Thanks again.
SOBO
NFL Draft Guru

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:29 pm

Glad it helped Sobo....keep up the great work on the Browns side, the feeling is mutual on that account! :D
consigliere

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB