Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Indians trade looming?

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Indians trade looming?

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:25 pm

Nothing huge, but apparently tons of scouts are looking at the many Cleveland relievers and outfielders in the system that will be stuffed in Buffalo or be final additions to the big league club.

It would not surprise me to see an outfielder traded....whether it be Gutierrez for a utility player, or Michaels for anything to open a spot for Francisco.

Also, a reliever to be sent packing in a trade for something. Maybe combined with one of the outfielders listed above for a need.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:46 am

8) :cool: 8-)

I hope its another deal where Shapiro and crew create something better out of what they currently have.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:08 am

I will be very surprised if Jason Michaels is with this team all year. I know they just signed him to a 2-year extension with a club option for a 3rd, but he is very tradeable. The org is high on The Francisco Treat, and by June may replace him....if not sooner.
consigliere

Unread postby DGeneral » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:10 am

Consigliere wrote:I will be very surprised if Jason Michaels is with this team all year. I know they just signed him to a 2-year extension with a club option for a 3rd, but he is very tradeable. The org is high on The Francisco Treat, and by June may replace him....if not sooner.

I hope you are right. I would like to see Francisco over the journeyman Michaels. They could trade him today and not miss anything.
DGeneral

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:38 am

I'm 100% with you DGen.

I was puzzled they resigned Michaels this past offseason. I understand they wanted someone to count on in the 4th OFer role, and Micaels is a decent 4th OFer.....but I think their fears of using Gutierrez or Francisco will be put to rest quickly this year.
consigliere

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB