Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Foulke to sign today?

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Unread postby Dozen » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:36 pm

I can live with the bullpen, but I cannot see this team doing well with a catcher who has none defensive skills, Blake/Micheals/Choo or whoever they decide is cheap enough to play LF/RF. And did I mention that Wedge sucks? Tony, does Dolan pay you to build this team up? :lol:
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby consigliere » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:08 pm

I wish. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, this team has its warts, yes, but they are still one of the better teams in baseball. I am amazed how so many fans consider them one of the worst. This team has the talent and the players to win.....it really is up to performance, the manager and some luck that things go well for a change.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Dozen » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:51 pm

"Consigliere"I wish. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, this team has its warts, yes, but they are still one of the better teams in baseball. I am amazed how so many fans consider them one of the worst. This team has the talent and the players to win.....it really is up to performance, the manager and some luck that things go well for a change.

Considering they didnt even win 80 games last year, I hardly consider them a "top 5" team. They are not even in the top 5 in the AL.
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:42 pm

Bill Henry wrote: Considering they didnt even win 80 games last year, I hardly consider them a "top 5" team. They are not even in the top 5 in the AL.

What does the amount of wins from the previous season matter? The AL Central has shown the last two years it doesn't matter about previous records. I mean, Minnesota barely had 80 wins and Detroit had 71 wins in 2005....yet ended with two of the top 3 records in the AL.

Speaking of the Twins, what have they done this offseason to keep them at a 95 win level?

The team, on paper right now, is one of the best teams in the AL. The key will be keeping that talent on the field, and how our manager performs. They could win 100....or 80. Who knows. It is the beauty of baseball, as outside of the Yankees, you just really never know. One thing though, is the Indians will be a very sexy pick by the writers to win the AL Central and go deep into the postseason.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB