Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Crasnick quoting some guy

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Crasnick quoting some guy

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:52 pm

Baseball America and other minor-league publications talk about Marte as if he's a sure thing, but one NL personnel man said Marte has some flaws in his swing that make him vulnerable to breaking balls and pitches away. Marte's ascent to the majors could hinge upon whether he can make the necessary adjustments. He's still only 22 years old.

"By no means is he ready to step in and play in the major leagues right now," the NL official said.

Sounds like the statement that Marte will "definitely" start in Beefalo are based on more than just Aaron Boone's contract.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:39 pm

Can't say I disagree. The Indians have mentioned they want him to work on his two strike approach, which usually in a two-strike count you see a lot of breaking balls. So, I can see where this is a problem that they would like to address.

I still say, regardless of this problem with his game right now, if Aaron Boone and his $3.75M salary were not locked into 3B, it would be Marte's spot to lose in ST.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB