Text Size

The Back Of The Net

City Stars

Talk Cleveland City Stars, World Cup, MLS, and all other forms of pro soccer here in TheClevelandFan's newest forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Spin

City Stars

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:23 am

Went to the game last night (6/9) as my wife's cousin, Akron U product Evan Bush, was starting in goal. I am an admitted soccer novice having only attended CSU games in the late 80's. I found myself getting into the game and understanding the little nuances. Bedford Stadium is a really nice facility and the people involved w/ the City Stars were very accomidating. Lots of giveaways to the fans after the team scores a goal. Chic-fil-a at the consession stands. Even heard an audio ad for TCF.com. The nice thing was after the game, the players come over to the stands to thank the fans. I was holding my 8 month old at the railing talking to Evan when the rest of the team came by to high five the fans. Every player made sure to touch Bryce's hand, which he found absolutely funny. It was a great experience and we have already made plans to attend some more games this year.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: City Stars

Unread postby Cease » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:28 am

I've been to a game in Portland, it was awesome 8000 fans poured in, stood, cheered, carried on with chants and cutting a piece of timber after every goal. That is a perfect socccer market and I'd be surprised if they didn't garner MLS expansion attention.

Here's the remaining CCS schedule. I've got to get out and support local soccer- thanks for reminding me, Larvell. Maybe they could do a TCF night, featuring special pricing on tix bought through TCF. Just a thought. People on this board tend to be mavens and word-spreaders in C-town sports.

Saturday 6/13 7:00pm HOME Green Army Fan Night
Thursday 6/18 7:00pm HOME $5 Sunny Thursday
Saturday 6/20 7:00pm HOME Father Soccer Day
Tuesday 6/23 7:00pm HOME Student ID Night
Saturday 6/27 7:00pm HOME Stars Faith Night
Friday 7/3 8:00pm HOME Independence Day Party
Sunday 7/12 5:00pm HOME Cleveland Mascot Night
Friday 7/17 7:00pm HOME Host Family Appreciation NIght
Saturday 8/1 7:00pm HOME Business Networking Night

Tuesday 8/18 7:00pm HOME Cleveland Soccer Legends Night
Saturday 8/22 7:00pm HOME Team Autograph Night

Saturday 9/5 2:00pm HOME Fan Appreciation Day
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:35 am

Hell, even Munch was there doing announcements and he wasn't annoying!
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Cleveland City Stars » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:38 am

Hey Guys,

Please allow me to introduce myself as I am the Director of Tickets and Marketing for the City Stars. Rarely do I get a chance to make it to message boards during the season however I was passed along this thread by a loyal supporter.

I appreciate the positive words spoken of our staff. We take great pride in our tight bond with CCS fans. I personally want to thank you LB for making your way out to the US Open Cup match last Tuesday. Considering the lack of time to marketing the game, the turnout was very pleasing as was the final result. I can assure you Evan appreciated your support as ALL our players really notice a difference when the crowd makes their presence felt.

Cesa, your promotion of our upcoming games is tremendous. As you addressed we have several discounts available to fans. A big hit this year has been the Chick-Fil-A Family Four Pack Advantage which includes 4 tickets, 4 CFA sandwiches, 4 bags of chips and a gallon of tea for just $44. This is a savings of over $50! This special is available for all home games up until 2 business days prior to game day.

Look for Munch to make his way out to a CCS game again, bring the kids out on July 12 for Mascot Day and celebrate Independence Day on July 3 with the City Stars and there will be lots entertainment for the fans throughout the season.

Just a heads up Cesa, Portland has accepted an invite from the MLS to join on next season.

I look forward to seeing each of you in the stands in the month of June.

WE APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S SUPPORT!

GO CITY STARS!!!

Eric McLellan
tickets@clevelandcitystars.com
Cleveland City Stars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: UA, OSU

Return to The Back Of The Net