Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

So....now what?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

So....now what?

Unread postby comish » Mon May 22, 2006 8:10 am

Ok, so where to we go from here?

I am NO financial expert so I have NO CLUE how tied up the Cavs are with the salary cap.

What can we do to get better next year? There are only three players I DEFINATELY don't want to lose. LBJ (duh!), Sideshow Bob (AKA Andy V), and Hughes (I'll give him a pass this year)

The rest are RUBBISH! LBJ can win it without 4 other stars BUT he needs help! I doubt he sticks around if they (the front office) can't find some better compliments in the next couple of years. He wants a title...so do I!

I'm sure that just by pure experience alone some of these other guys will play bettter, but I'm tired of watching Z wave at players as they lay balls in, Goodens look of absolute bewilderment every time Lebron hits him in the gut with a slick pass, and the other team giving our point guard 30 feet to shoot and it works!

So what now?
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby yargs7 » Mon May 22, 2006 9:01 am

I am 100% on board the "Z must go bandwagon". I like Z. I think he is a good center and a good guy. However, as long as Ben and Sheed Wallace stay in Detroit, the Cavs will never get past them with Z in the middle. He just isn't physical enough. Not althletic either. Z's game is more perimeter. I really believe Andy is an excellent option to start at the 5. I love the guy's hustle. He is still very young and can develop some offense to go along with his solid rebounding and defense.

Same goes for Gooden.

I like this team. They came together and meshed down the stretch. They will mature and Hughes should have a much better year next season. A good 3 point shooter and a big physical presence in the middle should get them over the hump.
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby swerb » Wed May 24, 2006 4:10 pm

You have a solid core: LBJ, Hughes, Varejao ... with Donyell and ESnow as solid veterans, now with 13 additonal games of playoff experience.

Gooden is gonzo, its a no brainer. He will be signed and dealt.

I pray to god they can also unload Z. His game has deteriorated so greatly. Hes so slow on both ends. So many times today, and in this post season, he was beaten for rebounds, or by scorers in the paint, with nothing to offer but a look of frustration.

Flip is gone. Hes overrated, can't shoot, plays no D, and someone will overpay him.

Damon Jones likely returns. Hes expensive, but fills a roll as a sniper. Roker likes him, LBJ likes him, and he'll be tough to unload.

Newble is signed and expensive ... he's your 12th man. Andrieskeivicius likely makes next years team as the 13th man.

The Cavs have a 1st and 2nd rd pick, 8 million in talent coming their way via the Gooden sign and trade, the midlevel exepmption (6 mill), theveteran exemption, and potentially what Z can yield. Trades of Sasha, Luke for spare parts are also possible.

The Cavs need a point guard that can give us some of the dribble penetration we will lose when Flip leaves. We need more athletic, active big men like Andy. We need a sidekick to Larry that can shoot.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA