Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

the king and the boys

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

the king and the boys

Unread postby jd jr » Tue May 16, 2006 11:21 am

this team has surpassed all of my expectations , donny has really stepped it up and side show bob should be a starter by next season
jd jr

Re: the king and the boys

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Tue May 16, 2006 11:49 am

jd jr wrote:this team has surpassed all of my expectations , donny has really stepped it up and side show bob should be a starter by next season

Question: I love watching Varejao play and agree that he is a valuable player.

But I can't help but think that there's no way he could play 40 a night and not foul out 50 times.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby Jon Cohodas » Tue May 16, 2006 12:15 pm

1. Nobody but LBJ plays 40 a night.
2. The only way SSB would play enough to worry about fouling out would be if he was the only Big. Unless you worry about winning the opening tip, it doesn't matter who starts.
“I don’t care what he does with the ball because I know nine times out of 10, he’s going to make the play to win the ballgame.”
- Mike Brown on LeBron James
Jon Cohodas
Cavs Writer

Unread postby jd jr » Tue May 16, 2006 2:16 pm

i am a hugh z fan but he does not fit in with the style of play that would best fit these cavs . with drew leaving , becuase we wont match the offers he will get , we need side show in there , no way donny could start.how about damon playing solid d running around like a crazy man . this team is playing with a purpose
jd jr

Unread postby furls » Tue May 16, 2006 8:08 pm

glad to see you guys are coming around regarding Z. He just isnt physical and frankly with as much speed and athleticism as this team has, he just doesnt fit.

they are finally playing with purpose, i will give you that. I just hope that they can keep it up and give sheed a big ol shit burger to eat in Detroit, home of the one pump chumps (i mean red wings).

Mike
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 16, 2006 8:31 pm

Is Hugh Z a new player on the Cavs?

Z has to go, the only question is................who would take him?????

Unread postby pup » Tue May 16, 2006 10:04 pm

Z has to go, the only question is................who would take him?????

I'd call the Knicks!!!![/quote]
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 16, 2006 10:10 pm

Good call Pup
They take anyone

Unread postby yargs7 » Wed May 17, 2006 12:36 pm

Who would you guys like to get in exchange for Z and/or D-Good? I love that kid from Orlando, Dwight Howard. Okafor? Chris Bosh? I think Garnett is a reach. I love KG, but he is going to demand top $. I wouldn't want to tie up all that money in two guys without a true 3 point shooter. Plus, Hughes is making a boatload of money too. Get a young guy that has a great upside and isn't going to cost as much as someone like KG.
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Wed May 17, 2006 12:50 pm

yargs7 wrote:Who would you guys like to get in exchange for Z and/or D-Good? I love that kid from Orlando, Dwight Howard. Okafor? Chris Bosh?

Okay, you are a severe homer. :?

Rule of thumb: the other guy has to say, "Yes," too.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 17, 2006 1:31 pm

For Z, no team is gonna give up a young potential star in Okafor or Howard. For Z, it will have to be an equally bad contract and maybe another player in decline. The hope here, is the declining player we find is a pretty good defensive lowpost guy......or, that Z can be packaged somehow to get a good player in return.

Win or lose this series....or hell, even if they win the championship....this team needs some serious changes to the starting lineup.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby yargs7 » Wed May 17, 2006 2:10 pm

Steve Buffum wrote:
yargs7 wrote:Who would you guys like to get in exchange for Z and/or D-Good? I love that kid from Orlando, Dwight Howard. Okafor? Chris Bosh?

Okay, you are a severe homer. :?

Rule of thumb: the other guy has to say, "Yes," too.

LOL. I guess that was pretty damn obsurd. I was daydreaming. But seriously, what options do they have? Who, legitimately do they have a chance of getting for these guys?
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby furls » Wed May 17, 2006 3:39 pm

LOL. I guess that was pretty damn obsurd. I was daydreaming. But seriously, what options do they have? Who, legitimately do they have a chance of getting for these guys?

no one really. We would just be saddled with another equally bad, cap crunching contract. I would give Z away if I thought someone would take him at 14million per year. I am not sure you would get many takers for that.

He is not a bad player, he is a very very expensive one dimensional player. Are there teams out there that would take him? sure, but we are not going to get much in return for a player with a history of medical problems on the downside of his career.

Gooden on the other hand... may actually bring something worth getting should we get rid of him. I think his stock is about as high as it is going to get. I do not think it would be unreasonable to get a decent player (not emerging young star) for him.

As far as the knicks taking Z, I am sure they would love to. Z is just the kind of player Isiah likes, overpriced and on the downside of his career. Unfortunately he has already destroyed that team beyond the point of allowing them to sign any other players. I think the next time the knicks may be able to take on some serious salary weight will be around 2010 (seriously).
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Guest » Wed May 17, 2006 9:58 pm

Z tried to blow the game for us, what a lurp
Unreal
3-2 Cavs
Pisstons lose 3 in a row 1st time all year
WOW

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA