Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Phenomenal Game

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Phenomenal Game

Unread postby steviedifranco » Fri May 05, 2006 11:50 pm

Wow...what a game that was. Can you express how amazing that was by Damon to do that? Man, go Cavs, great game and great series.

Why can't we beat the Pistons now? We match up, and guess what...we played defense in the 4th quarter and overtime tonight, we proved we can do that.
steviedifranco
Site Admin

Unread postby consigliere » Sat May 06, 2006 7:49 am

Yeah, that was a great series.....what a game and props to Arenas. I have mad respect for that guy.

What I don't right now, is all the people saying we have accomplished what we set out to do this season (get to the 2nd Rd first the Pistons) or that we accomplished the goal to gain playoff experience.

I say eff that.

I don't get why people keep saying this team lacks playoff experience.....not including the Wiz series, the following players have playoff experience (games in parentheses): Eric Snow (71), Alan Henderson (34), Damon Jones (30), Hughes (17), Marshall (9), Gooden (7), Z (4), and Murray (4) have all played in the playoffs before. That's 8 of your 13 man roster.

True, the real key is your main player Lebron has no experience.....but I just don't get the talk of "they need experience" because after this season you are likely to have a 4-5 player turnover anyway. So, "making the playoffs and getting experience" doesn't fly with me.

Anyway, back to the Pistons.....we are about to see Round 1 of Lebron vs. the Pistons...very similar to Jordan vs. the Pistons in the late 80s. It took Jordan four straight years of playing them in the playoffs before beating the Bad Boys of the East. In 88 he lost to them in the 2nd round 4-1....89 in the Eastern Con Finals 4-2.....90 in the Eastern Conf Finals 4-3.....before finally sweeping them in the Eastern Conf Finals in 91.

Hopefully it doesn't take Lebron 4 tries to do what Jordan did.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA