Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Absolutely Inexplicable

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Absolutely Inexplicable

Unread postby steviedifranco » Mon May 01, 2006 7:20 am

I read on Yahoo Sports today that Eddie Jordan complained to the refs after game 3 that LeBron was getting preferential treatment. Um...what? Were we watching the same series? <b>GILBERT ARENAS IS SUCH A TOOL! HE FALLS DOWN ON EVERY DRIVE TO THE HOOP AND ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS GETS THE FOUL!!</b> Every single player on the Cavs needs to 'criticize' the refs after that unbelieveable game last night. I don't care if they all get fined $25k...they need to or it will happen again. 4 offensive fouls on LeBron? 1 on Arenas? Excuse me? Arenas creates contact on every drive to the hoop, and even if his defender is standing still, he gets the call.

I've never been so upset over bad refereeing in my life...I've never posted about it on a message board before. I could go on for hours about that pile of garbage that was game 4. Does everyone else feel this same way or what?

steviedifranco
Site Admin

Unread postby Guest » Mon May 01, 2006 8:09 am

I sure agree
Horrible

Unread postby consigliere » Mon May 01, 2006 9:12 am

I thought there were a lot of ticky tack fouls called on the Cavaliers last night, which didn't help things. However, the offensive charges on James and company were legit. I'm surprised Lebron doesn't get more charge penalties as it is because he barrels into the paint like a bulldozer a lot of times.....but when you walk the ball up the court, stand around until 5-6 seconds left on the shot clock, and THEN try to drive to the hope in an uncontrolled nature....what do you expect?

That 3rd quarter irritated the piss out of me. Was it like 3-4 possessions in a row Snow had to launch a 15-20 footer? I think he had more airballs than rim shots. Unbelievable.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby steviedifranco » Mon May 01, 2006 9:17 am

Its not necessarily the fact that the charges on the Cavs were in fact charges, but that the same plays on the other end were being called as defensive fouls. Did you see the look on Arenas and Jamison's faces after Arenas got called for his FIRST offensive foul 44 minutes into the game? Do you realize the Cavs had 7 offensive fouls to the Wizards 2? Its not even the fact that we had 5 more offensive fouls that were turnovers...but that you could tell it limited LeBron in driving. It seemed as though he as thinking 'if I drive, I'm going to get an offensive foul' whereas Areanas was thinking 'if I drive, I'm going to get a defensive foul'. That game was set by the coaches.

One more thing that irritated me yesterday was Mike Brown's decision to put Damon Jones in with 6 minutes left. Why did we wait so long? The only way that we are going to prevent the Washington Pansies from drawing offensive fouls is to kick it out for jump shots. Who was going to shoot all game? Snow? Hughes who was playing awful? It seemed so plain...put Jones in. We had no offensive rebounding all game because our only outside shooter was our PF, whereas if we had Jones in, even if he doesn't shoot...he draws a defender. I don't know what Brown was thinking...
steviedifranco
Site Admin

Unread postby consigliere » Mon May 01, 2006 11:23 am

Well, one thing, when Swerb does that wrtieup on Z tomorrow, he should use a pic of a milk carton and photoshop a pic of Z's face on it.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby furls » Mon May 01, 2006 12:01 pm

One more thing that irritated me yesterday was Mike Brown's decision to put Damon Jones in with 6 minutes left. Why did we wait so long? The only way that we are going to prevent the Washington Pansies from drawing offensive fouls is to kick it out for jump shots

Well of course the shooter would need to make them and while Damon Jones does specialize in shooting 3's he does not specialize in making them and he is a total defensive liability.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby furls » Mon May 01, 2006 12:02 pm

forgot to comment that I did think there seemed to be some inequity in the officiating of that game. Arenas was not getting called for the same fouls that Lebron was.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Mon May 01, 2006 12:24 pm

Furls wrote:forgot to comment that I did think there seemed to be some inequity in the officiating of that game. Arenas was not getting called for the same fouls that Lebron was.

Noting that the home team got calls in the playoffs is not earth-shattering news.

Bottom line: Cleveland played poorly enough to lose that game.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby jd jr » Mon May 01, 2006 5:22 pm

i felt the officiating in game 3 was just as bad . the refs seem to give gilbert all the calls , as far as travling goes it is like holding in the nfl u could call it on almost every play
jd jr

Unread postby Lebowski » Mon May 01, 2006 7:16 pm

Sounds like a lot of whining to me. The Cavs lost Game 4...but it wasn't because of the refs.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby steviedifranco » Mon May 01, 2006 8:03 pm

Well regardless of everything that happened last night, I liked LeBron's attitude. He doesn't care about last night and knows that they still hold the advantage.

And after watching the game again a little bit today, it was more than the refs that blew it, although it was still pretty bad. I'm still cracking up about the jumpball in the 1st quarter when Jamison was hanging all over LeBron's arm. Seriously, LeBron should have just taken a cue from Arenas and just fallen down, that would have definitely worked.

A little side note on Arenas...a friend of mine read an article about him from this past November where he makes mention of the fact that Paul Pierce and Michael Redd were getting to the line a lot more than he was. Strange coincidence that since then he's been getting to the line 6 more times per game? I don't think so. He's clearly flopping on purpose and its disgusting.
steviedifranco
Site Admin

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA