Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Game 2 Thoughts

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Game 2 Thoughts

Unread postby pup » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:11 pm

Interested in getting a feel for what people thought of this game.

My biggest issue was Mike Browns sticking with Flip Murray. He brought nothing to the game last night. Couldn't score, defended nobody and looked lost for most of his minutes.

The lack of a true point guard killed the Cavs last night. They needed someone to be able to bring the ball up the floor and get LeBron involoved once the offense got inititated.

Drew Gooden, what an enigma. Bring that energy every night please. I don't care about the 9-10 shooting night. The hustle, defense and quick reaction to the Haywood foul on LeBron could keep you in Cleveland for years. Instead, you play half ass most nights and you will be the big free agent signing for some team with no shot at being as good that thinks they will get last night's version 82 times.

Can Damon Jones please get some minutes. The ability of LeBron getting to the hoop requires an outside presence somewhere on the floor. With Gooden playing well, Marshall was unavailable, so give DJ a chance. So what he can't defend. Either could Flip.

Great job by Washington, playing LeBron straight up most of the night.

And what LeBron James was that last night? Not the turnovers. Not even the 7-25. What is with the screaming like a maniac and chest beating? Not the LeBron I have watched for 3 years.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Lebowski » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:25 pm

Here are some on my thoughts I posted on OBR.

On Z:
Question: why not force feed Z early and often and try to get Haywood in foul trouble?

The Wiz have less than nothing behind him.

On the pathedic last possession after they missed 2 FTs and we were down by three:

I would have settled for anyone to get a fucking shot up.

You cant blow that chance. Dude just gift wrapped two missed FTs...and you give it right back on the opposite end.

Side Show Bob cutting to the hoop? That's what we do with the game on the line?

Jesus.

On Brown not calling a TO before that last possession:

Brown is green as a HC, and it showed tonight. Like others have said, would have been a perfect spot for Marshall to hide in teh corner on a LBJ drive...but Gump failed to call the TO.

On Flip:

Flip can show up for the playoffs any time now. Or he can shoot after one pass with no one underneath the hoop some more. Whatever

On Gooden:

Gooden's best game ever...but don't expect many more like it in the playoffs. Gooden : Game 2 :: Snow : Game 1.

On the gameplan:

Again...need to get their bigs in foul trouble. I could live with extended periods of time for Z against Ruffin and Bob Marley Hair Etan Thomas.

Playoffs are all about adjustments. Jordan and the Wiz made them. Bron and the Cavs didnt. Gump ate shrimp.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby furls » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:43 pm

On Brown not calling a TO before that last possession:

Brown is green as a HC, and it showed tonight. Like others have said, would have been a perfect spot for Marshall to hide in teh corner on a LBJ drive...but Gump failed to call the TO.

I think everyone here knows how I feel about Mike Brown, but I will defend him here to some extent: The cavs were out of TO's. That sort of says something about his inexperience.

Lebron played like crap last night plain and simple. it wasnt the chest beating, it wasnt the 7-25. It was the TO's and the near TO's. How many times did you see him pick up his dribble after 2 meaningless dribbles?

How many times did you see him jump into the air with the ball and without a plan?

I am afraid that I am somewhat pessimistic about the rest of the series now. I am afraid that the cavs need 2 of 3 in washington and I am unsure that they can do that.

Mike
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby pup » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:43 pm

Unless TNT was wrong, they had a 20 second timeout left.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA