Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

MVP???

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

MVP???

Unread postby yargs7 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:57 pm

Nice article about the award and this year's candidates...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ons/060414
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby swerb » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:46 am

Hands down, LeBron James is the MVP of this league this season. That was a great column by Kerr, and I agree with the vast majority of it.

My ballot looks like this ...

1. LeBron
2. Kobe
3. Nowitzki
4. Wade
5. Nash

Unlike alot of people, I still interpret this award as it is meant to be. Most Valuable.

The Cavs haven't been at full strength all season, have a rookie coach that just flat out admits he is lost and overmatched at times, and have ONE player (Snow) that is a vet with legit playoff experience in this league.

And they're gonna win 50 games.

LeBron has been TAKING OVER basketball games in the 4th quarter throughout the entire second half of the season, singlehandedly willing the team to victory in many of them. Unlike Kobe, he makes everyone around him better, often toying with teams as he racks up 7-8 assists through 3 quarters, trying to get people involved, before switching it into turbo drive for the 4th quarter.

LeBron has also made great strides defensively this season, often going to Roker and asking to chase down the Arenases, the Wades, the Pierces of the world. Hes still got some work to do on that end, but hes night and day from his sophomore season.

Lebron is the best player in the NBA already. I don't think it's debatable. And he was the MOST VALUABLE player of this NBA season.

If he doesn't win, it will be a travesty.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby yargs7 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:50 pm

I agree Swerb. LBJ carried this team down the stretch. He has been spectacular. Scoring, passing, rebounding, getting steals, and elevating the intensity of everyone in the arena with his tenacity. Once "King James" makes up his mind to go the the hoop, he is UNSTOPPABLE!
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA