Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Torn Plantar fascia...........

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Torn Plantar fascia...........

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:19 am

Yes I've had the same injury as L. Hughes and I don't jump nearly as high nor make nearly the $$$. The plantar fascia is the band of musculotendonitis tissue that runs from your midfoot and inserts into your heel bone essentially supporting your entire foot structure. This band is often times cut to relieve plantar fasciatis after conservative treatment has failed, ie. PT, orthotics, anti- inlammatory meds, steroid shots, etc) or to get to a painful heel spur. The "needle" was most probably a mixture of lidocaine/marcaine ( numbing medicine) and a small amount of short acting steroid to keep inflammation down. Inflammation is the natural body response to injury ( torn plantar fascia) which would include pain & swelling. More than two of those "needles" in such a short span would significantly increase the chances of "eroding" the involved and surrounding tissues. So after sleeping at the Holiday Inn Express last night I have determined Larry ( world class athlete in NBA Finals) took two for the team. His performance suffered. He, the Drs., and coaches decided it was not worth further injury for limited results. No villans here.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA