Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

I love the column on Joe Tait

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

I love the column on Joe Tait

Unread postby Greener » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:44 pm

Excellent piece, kudos to the author.

Being a product of the sixties and growing up in the seventies, the popularity of the NBA was modest at best. Factor that with a minimum number of television stations, and viola, you have to follow the Cavs on the radio. I grew up listening to Joe Tait broadcast both Cavs and Indians games, and always tried to emulate him.

I also always do the same thing, the author of the piece is going to do, and I always turn down the TV and turn up Tate for the game. Although this drives my wife and kids nuts because we have DirecTV and the delay makes them crazy. Too bad for her and the kids. Go Cavs.
Greener

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from U of M

Tait

Unread postby rawdawgexpress » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:52 pm

I love Joe Tait. As I've said before on other boards, he is the single best announcer I've heard in the 4 major league cities I've lived in (including Cleveland) in any sport.

That said, I've never seen picture of him before (its almost better that way with really good announcers). And I have to say as a health professional he needs to take care of himself. Those red bags under his eyes are often indicative of an impending heart attack. I'll bet his fingernail beds also show stereotypic changes which are consistent with heart disease.

So if, by chance, you read this Joe please take care of yourself in the offseason.
People call it 'vision.' I call it running away.
-Josh Cribbs
rawdawgexpress

Re: Tait

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:23 pm

rawdawgexpress wrote:I love Joe Tait. As I've said before on other boards, he is the single best announcer I've heard in the 4 major league cities I've lived in (including Cleveland) in any sport.

That said, I've never seen picture of him before (its almost better that way with really good announcers). And I have to say as a health professional he needs to take care of himself. Those red bags under his eyes are often indicative of an impending heart attack. I'll bet his fingernail beds also show stereotypic changes which are consistent with heart disease.

So if, by chance, you read this Joe please take care of yourself in the offseason.

Dude's been 600 pounds for like 30 years amnd he just keeps packin' on tree rings.

He's got jowls the size of Sorrel Brooke's.

But you are correct, of course.

So I'm just sayin'.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA