Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

I loved this take from one of our readers ....

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

I loved this take from one of our readers ....

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:21 am

I truly feel that the curse was lifted in the first half of game seven when the scoreboard went out.

There was a different feeling throughout the city, in the arena, in the living rooms, in the square between Jacobs Field and Gund Arena....it was different, confusing, uncharted territory for the thousands of people who experienced it. The feeling wasn't that of fear, nervousness, disgust....it was the kind of feeling that creates order from chaos. It was the organization of electric energy being accumulated into a single purpose...like when a "giant laser" a la Dr. Evil, Death Star or Independence Day fame charges up ready to fire. Only this time, the beam is Cleveland's and it's charge is not meant for evil...only to those that this city's sports teams will now begin destroying instead of being preyed upon. I felt it and I know many others did too. So did you...you just may not know what it was.

Order restored in the chaos....Cleveland's turn...the curse lifted by one of our own. It began in the fourth quarter of game five....the switch flicked on.....charging up through the next day and into the first half of game seven....fully charged by the second quarter and blowing out the scoreboard...then FULL POWER.

It's OUR TURN after 43 years of suffering.....I hope you are all ready because the Cosmos has shifted to shine on Cleveland. It's a great day!
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:50 am

That is a GREAT take.

Man, it seems a lot of fans are hardcore believers we can win this thing. I hope it happens. Because if we don't, there will be a lot of disappointed fans. A LOT. It is why I still have guarded optimism for this series. I believe we can win, but also fully acknowledge that we've been here several other times in the past where we qualified things as "being different".....then when the dust settled, found out things were not different.

Lord help us if the Cavaliers lose this series on a Ginobli jumper as time expires in Game Seven. Hopefully Lebron Skywalker is indeed The Chosen One, the one to fulfill the prophecy of bringing balance back to the Cleveland sports scene, because the balance has been extremely one-sided on the disappointment scale the last 40+ years.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby ArtGold » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:54 am

The city of Cleveland needs a breakthrough team, all of the recent legends have to do with close, but failure. That attitude permeates through the psyche of the city, and needs to be broken.

Cleveland needs a team that can close out with a win. I can't think of any city needing it more than Cleveland.
ArtGold

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:04 pm

I'm with you Tony. I think the Cavs can win and I believe the Spurs are the elite WC team that we can beat. I like the matchups and think that LeBron will have an easier go of it against their D than he did against Detroit's.

But I still picked the Spurs because of who they are and what they've done. I don't expect the Cavs to win. I'm not satisfied with just getting here, but I also want to be sure my expectations are grounded.

I firmly believe that the Cavs will win. If they take one of the first two in San Antonio then I like the chances with three straight games in C-Town. The Spurs will have never seen a crowd quite like the one they'll see at the Q

Simplest way to do it is hold serve at home and take just one in San Antonio. The Cavs do that and it's done in six at the latest.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Re: I loved this take from one of our readers ....

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:28 pm

Swerb wrote:I truly feel that the curse was lifted in the first half of game seven when the scoreboard went out.

Um ... huh? We played a game seven? Last year, you mean? I'm confused.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:47 pm

I am sure he meant Game 6. Loved the overall sentiment there.

I have guarded optimism as well for this series. I feel we can win, but I know how good this San Antonio team is.

Despite the outcome, we have a great nucleus of very young players that will only get better as they play together more. I think we have a good thing going for several years to come.
MacGregor

Just hoping my child doesn't have to go grow up in a world where Cleveland Sports are terrible like I had to.
MacGregor78

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA