Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Never Have I Felt Better About This Series...

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Never Have I Felt Better About This Series...

Unread postby pup » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:43 pm

Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Never Have I Felt Better About This Series...

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:12 pm

me too...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-2 ... d=tab2pos1

"The main point is that when LeBron James got the ball against San Antonio's defense, the Cavaliers managed to get a good shot an alarming percentage of the time."

"Against James, Bowen is a barely noticeable gnat. James can use his mighty frame to put Bowen into any and every pick, and then he's often wide open."

"The kryptonite of the Spurs is getting Tim Duncan in foul trouble. LeBron James could get Tim Duncan in foul trouble."
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby rawdawgexpress » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:45 pm

And "Big Ups" to Bomani Jones:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/070606&sportCat=nba

He fails to ask, and answer, this question:

"What was the Cavs record this year against the West?"
People call it 'vision.' I call it running away.
-Josh Cribbs
rawdawgexpress

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:54 pm

...and, of course, Bill Simmons:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ons/070607

Well, here's a warning to everyone selling the passive-aggressive "I know the Spurs are better, but hey, Cleveland beat them twice this season, and you always have a puncher's chance with LeBron, and that Cleveland crowd should be crazy for Games 3, 4 and 5 ..." crock of counter-hype crap this week: Not only will San Antonio win the title, it'll do it so easily/efficiently/masterfully/overwhelmingly that we'll remember the Spurs as one of the better championship teams of the past 30 years. We'd even be headed for a sweep if not for the NBA's old "shaky referee trick," in which the league sends three of its shakier referees to Games 3 and 4 -- you know, the ones likely to be influenced by Cleveland's crowd -- to avoid an embarrassing four-and-out by fouling out Duncan and sending LeBron to the charity stripe between 17 and 87 times. That's a mortal lock.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:11 pm

Throw the Spurs fans in there. They're shitting all over us on their boards. Some of them don't even think we'd make the playoffs out West.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:10 pm

I used to get worked up over things like this until I realized it doesn't matter. Who cares if Spurs fans respect us, Piston fans didn't either. The Cavs will earn the respect they deserve on the court. Let the writers write what they want. They don't live, they don't watch our team week in and week out, and the majority of them aren't smart enough to form their own opinion.

Spurs fans don't know the first thing about the Cavs, all they know is how much they hate the attention LeBron gets when a Spurs fan thinks all the attention should be on them. Let the Spurs fan talk all they want, it means nothing. The Cavs will prove themselves on the court, and we can do all the talking after that.
MacGregor

Just hoping my child doesn't have to go grow up in a world where Cleveland Sports are terrible like I had to.
MacGregor78

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA