Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Memo To Boozer

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Memo To Boozer

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:14 pm

Neener, neener
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby HoodooMan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:29 pm

Image[/img]
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:37 pm

Love having Bill Russell there next to Bron. It was awesome listening to him. I got to meet him briefly a few years ago at an event down here in Florida and the guy was as nice as could be. He's one of those guys that just has an aura about him, but winning 11 titles can kinda do that - and the dude played and coached the Celtics to two of those titles.

As for Boozer, it was all about the bling and never about the title. I still think he didn't want to be in LeBron's shadow. I just hope Gibson never feels that he must be the #1 guy. We need guys who want to be part of a team and I don't think Boozer's too big on that if he's not the leader.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:58 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:Love having Bill Russell there next to Bron. It was awesome listening to him. I got to meet him briefly a few years ago at an event down here in Florida and the guy was as nice as could be. He's one of those guys that just has an aura about him, but winning 11 titles can kinda do that - and the dude played and coached the Celtics to two of those titles.

As for Boozer, it was all about the bling and never about the title. I still think he didn't want to be in LeBron's shadow. I just hope Gibson never feels that he must be the #1 guy. We need guys who want to be part of a team and I don't think Boozer's too big on that if he's not the leader.

I think with Boozer it was as much about the latter as the former. I don't think he wanted to be shoehorned into the permanent Robin role. Too much pride. He'd rather be first among equals, which he is in Utah.

Sucks for him, but he's got his money and his status.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:14 pm

Oddly enough Boozer was pissed after the season ended last week when he said that they need guys who are more willing to commit to winning and not have vacation plans and flights scheduled before the start of their last game.

I wonder if Boozer just wanted out of Cleveland mainly b/c he didn't want to get stuck here alone if LeBron bolted early?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:12 pm

Regardless of how you feel about him, Boozer's a good player. But if he's the best player on your team, you're not winning a championship. You can be good if he's the best player, but you can't be championship calibur (unless everyone around him is just below his ability, of course).
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:14 pm

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby mswerb » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:58 pm

Boozer sucks, he went to Dook.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA