Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Thoughts on the Game

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Thoughts on the Game

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:57 am

-As special as LeBron is, he seemed to be holding back a little bit on offense. I think this is because he was still gassed from the other night. He needed someone to step up and Daniel Gibson did big time.

-The shooters all being on the floor at the same time may not be as good defensively, but they open up the floor and make teams pay for doubling LeBron. But they also make teams pay for not doubling LeBron, so he's left wide open. I think this is Mike Brown's doubleteam buster. We first saw it against the Nets in the deciding game 6, and he employed it with great success in the Pistons series too. It's a lineup I think we'll see a lot in the Finals (how great does that sound?) unless the Spurs find a way to make us pay for using it.

-I think the Pistons are done. Wallace has probably worn out his welcome in Detroit. Billups lost himself a lot of money, so who knows where he'll end up? Webber might hang them up too, though I think he stays one more season. They'll still be a decent team next year, but I do think they'll be different.

-I thought the clock was the worst thing that could have happened to us. It really ate into our focus, and took the crowd out of the game. But in the third quarter we regained our composure, and in the fourth it was no contest. I only mention this because I really think we would have blown them away a lot earlier than we did. They were reeling, and the clock thing let them regain their composure for the time being.

-They let Usher into the building for this one! You know it's a big game when Usher's let into the Q.

-I said it before, but I think it bears repeating: The way Cavs management has treated the fans is phenomenal. Between the watch parties, bringing out the big screen outside the building to let even more fans experience it, the phenomenal scoreboard presentations...this has really turned into a first-rate organization.

-What a difference the crowd makes. We went from The Morgue of Auburn Hills to one of the most raucous crowds I've seen in Cleveland in a LONG time. Especially in the second half.

-And I really hope we win the Finals, but even if we don't, this has been one hell of a ride, and I thank the entire organization for that. This is a season to remember, to be sure.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:07 am

I have to give it up to Mike Brown for showing a flexibility with his rotation that I've never seen before. When Detroit went small in the 4th quarter, Brown used a 3-guard lineup, which I'd never seen him use before. Props to him for making the adjustment which played out huge for the Cavs.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:12 am

Mike Brown might not get a lot of love, but he gets definite props for that move. Bringing in Snow alongside the hot handed Boobie and Lebron took stones, but it worked.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:11 am

I really feel Mike Brown worked his personnel beautifully in this series.

Roker still lacks in many areas as a head coach. But he knows his personnel intimately on this team. In addition, during the regular season, Roker went out of his way to get playing time to all members of the roster sans Pollard at various times of the year. He'd get guys in for a minute here, minute there if they had some DNP-CD's.

At times it was maddening. Unexplained large patches of playing time for Ira and other guys at the expense of more time for guys like Boobie and Shannon. Snow playing too many minutes at times. Guys falling in and out of the rotation, sometimes inexplicably.

But everyone on this roster knows their role and is always ready to play.

He played alot of guys in this series, and picked his spots well.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jb » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:01 am

I said it before, but I think it bears repeating: The way Cavs management has treated the fans is phenomenal. Between the watch parties, bringing out the big screen outside the building to let even more fans experience it, the phenomenal scoreboard presentations...this has really turned into a first-rate organization.

Hey Swerb - I think it is time to re-gloss as "That Awesome Little Prick" or Something?

I did wonder what he thought when Bron grabbed the trophey the second they put it there in from of Dan, tho. And then didn't high five his kids. Ouch, babe. I hope he's a big dude at heart.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Dozen » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:05 am

I literally got goose bumps when LBJ got the and1 off his steal when he pointed to all the fans then himself. Almost like he was telling everyone I'm doing this for you.................. still cant believe he's 22 yrs old.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:09 am

Dozen wrote:I literally got goose bumps when LBJ got the and1 off his steal when he pointed to all the fans then himself. Almost like he was telling everyone I'm doing this for you.................. still cant believe he's 22 yrs old.

Rewatching the game on TV this morning ... just saw that play again. Goosbumpy. It was off the heels of back to back to back Boobie three balls too.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:19 am

JB wrote:
I said it before, but I think it bears repeating: The way Cavs management has treated the fans is phenomenal. Between the watch parties, bringing out the big screen outside the building to let even more fans experience it, the phenomenal scoreboard presentations...this has really turned into a first-rate organization.

Hey Swerb - I think it is time to re-gloss as "That Awesome Little Prick" or Something?

I did wonder what he thought when Bron grabbed the trophey the second they put it there in from of Dan, tho. And then didn't high five his kids. Ouch, babe. I hope he's a big dude at heart.

Man, was I wrong on Gilbert. Actually, I think I was right initially ... and then TMLP started to "get it".

Hes been a great owner.

I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the Lake Erie Monsters viable. Everything this guy touches turns to gold.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA