Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Nation Loses Confidence In Pistons

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Nation Loses Confidence In Pistons

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:23 pm

From ESPN's poll:

Everyone outside of Michigan seems to believe in The King.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:23 pm

Detroit's in Denial.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Get_Wedge_Out_NOW! » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:34 pm

LOL!!!!

thats great

the only state that thinks detroit will win is Michigan

classic
Get_Wedge_Out_NOW!
Angry and Irrational

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:45 pm

I don't take much stock in this. Had the Cavs lost, it probably would be the other way around where the nation would be predicting the Pistons and we'd be in denial. :roll :roll:
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Get_Wedge_Out_NOW! » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:55 pm

Consigliere wrote:I don't take much stock in this. Had the Cavs lost, it probably would be the other way around where the nation would be predicting the Pistons and we'd be in denial. :roll :roll:

but of course

the nation is a bunch of wagon hoppers lol
Get_Wedge_Out_NOW!
Angry and Irrational

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:00 pm

Get_Wedge_Out_NOW! wrote:
Consigliere wrote:I don't take much stock in this. Had the Cavs lost, it probably would be the other way around where the nation would be predicting the Pistons and we'd be in denial. :roll :roll:

but of course

the nation is a bunch of wagon hoppers lol

Are you the President of The Nation? :twisted:
consigliere

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:00 pm

If the Cavs had lost then I wouldn't have voted that they'd win in seven. I probably would have voted Detroit in six.

I can understand why Detroit fans voted for their team. If Detroit does win tomorrow night then I'd favor them in the seventh game. I think the energy of the crowd will feed the Cavs andhelp push them over the top. No Cavaliers team from the past has ever seen a crowd as boisterous as the one tomorrow night will be. The fans next door at The Jake might lend some energy early on too.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:07 pm

I loved it during the timeouts when they'd show Pistons fans staring at the court in shock with their hands covering their mouths. It's like they could see a train wreck coming and couldn't do anything to stop it. I just pray I get to see the same look on the faces of Steeler fans some day during a playoff game against the Browns. No matter what happened the rest of my life, I would die a happy man.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:13 pm

Prosecutor wrote:I loved it during the timeouts when they'd show Pistons fans staring at the court in shock with their hands covering their mouths.

You know, this is a woman thing....the hands cupped over the mouth thing. I saw the same thing late in the game last night, as the TV showed like 20 different shots of several women in this common pose. You see it all the time in sporting events late in close games. Why the fuck do women do this? You never see men doing this.

Just wonderin.

(Maybe Hnat has some insight) (ninja2)
Last edited by consigliere on Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:13 pm

That looks like the Reagan/Mondale election ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:48 pm

The nation?

Hell, Detroit has lost faith!

BTW - The Detroit whining about the refs is absolutely inexplicable. They missed at least 2 fouls on LBJ late in the game on drives when theymistekenly called them as clean blocks.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 048/SPORTS

“James scored the last 25 points for Cleveland, 29 of their last 30, and his final shot, a drive past three Pistons, slicing their famous defense to shreds, left whatever remains of the Pistons' swagger in pieces on the Palace floor. You say this no matter who you root for: LeBron James, on Thursday night, gave one of the greatest performances in the history of the NBA playoffs.”

- Mitch Album

Me: BTW Mitch - One of the 5 people you meet in heaven is Bron, still on his way up driving to the hole.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 10424/1048

“But there's nothing that excuses allowing one player score 29 of his team's final 30 points, especially when everybody in the country knows who's taking the shots.

This wasn't the work of a conspiratorial league working to get its next prodigy into the Finals as quickly as possible. This was the work of a special 22-year-old absolutely determined not to lose no matter what.”
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Greener » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:54 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:. No Cavaliers team from the past has ever seen a crowd as boisterous as the one tomorrow night will be. The fans next door at The Jake might lend some energy early on too.

I am sure it will be loud, but I will argue with you about other Cavaliers teams and crowds being boisterous. I remember being 10 years and going to game 5 of the Bullets series with my dad, during the Miracle in 1976. Let me tell you, that crowd was loud and after Clemens hit the game winner, that place was louder than any concert I have been to, including Aerosmith, ACDC, and Guns and Roses.
Greener

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from U of M

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:58 pm

BTW - The Detroit whining about the refs is absolutely inexplicable. They missed at least 2 fouls on LBJ late in the game on drives when theymistekenly called them as clean blocks.

And they missed other calls away from James. The most notable was the tackle Billups made on Varejao before the shot clock expired. He didn't want Varejao to get the ball and try to hoist a shot.

There are always calls missed and I think they generally balance out. The refs missed calls on both sides. I think that if they call everything that the game probably ends up the same.

The Pistons couldn't figure out how to nail down James. While it's easy to slam LeBron's castmates, there were still guys on the floor late who could make wide open shots. Marshall and Jones are both legit threats when open and Detroit gets stuck between a rock and a hard place. They know LeBron is willing to kick it out. They know he's willing to take it to the hole. What do you do?

In the end, it didn't matter. LeBron is by far the best player in this series and I do believe he's the best in the NBA. He can shoot over most anyone, drive past most anyone, and post up most any one.

What I'd love to see is if the Cavs can somehow get Rashard Lewis in a sign-and-trade and give LeBron a legit #2 guy that can shoot. My dream would be a deal that nets us Lewis and Watson from Seattle, but we'll see. Lewis can force a trade here if he wants to come here.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA