Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Saturday Night Is Gonna Be A Zoo Downtown

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Saturday Night Is Gonna Be A Zoo Downtown

Unread postby swerb » Tue May 29, 2007 11:30 pm

Indians host the Tigers at 7:05 PM.

Cavs/Pistons Game Six ... 8:15 PM.

Exciting time to be a Cleveland sports fan. Which isn't exactly something I've been able to say very often in my life.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Thu May 31, 2007 1:05 am

Zoo is right.

Also, think about this for a second: When the Cavaliers play Game 6 at home on Saturday night, it will be the first time in franchise history they have played a game in June.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby He Gone » Thu May 31, 2007 6:39 pm

:eek :shock:

Interesting, the thing about playing in June.

And yes it will be a absolute zoo.

I just imagine it as the scene from Jumangi when all the animals are running through the streets..
He Gone
O-H-I-O

Re: Saturday Night Is Gonna Be A Zoo Downtown

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:09 am

Swerb wrote:Indians host the Tigers at 7:05 PM.

Cavs/Pistons Game Six ... 8:15 PM.

Exciting time to be a Cleveland sports fan. Which isn't exactly something I've been able to say very often in my life.

Indians in first place.

Cavs a game away from the NBA Finals.

Browns with a great draft and some genuine hope for the future.

Has there ever been an era where Cleveland has fielded three good sports teams at the same time?
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:19 am

Has there ever been an era where Cleveland has fielded three good sports teams at the same time?

If you're talking about the Cavs/Indians/Browns? No. You can throw out everything before 1970, because there were no Cavs. You can throw out everything from 1970-1994, because the Indians were awful. You can throw out everything from 1995-now, because the Browns were either not here, or awful.

The closest we've ever come is 1994. The Browns made the playoffs, the Indians were just starting to be good, and the Cavs were 47-35. But the Cavs lost in the first round, the Browns lost in the 2nd round to the squealers, and the Tribe's season was strike-shortened with them just a game or two out of first. That's as close as we've ever been to Nirvana.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby BadBecks » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:53 am

I just drunkenly wrote about it. To be honest, I'm afraid to read it tomorrow when sober. Either way, we should consider another impromtu Panini's night for the occasion. Its gonna be madness...disco CC bobbleheads...along with a finals birth???
"Don't Hassle Me...I'm a Local" - Bob Wiley (shirt)
BadBecks
Kid Cleveland

Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:06 am

What a year so far for fans of the Cleveland teams and Bucks.

- Bucks make NCAA Football Championship game
- Bucks make NCAA Basketball Championship game
- Cavs on the brink of making the NBA Finals.

So far, we are *almost* 3-for-3 in our teams making the big game.

If the Cavs make it...could the Indians make it four?

Man, we keep this up, and I might start to have illusions that the Browns could be the surprise team of the NFL next year and make a playoff run! :P :-P :razz:
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:24 am

This town is buzzing right now. Much like the mid 90's with the Indians.

Rolling down 271S this morning, Cavs flag on some guys car illicits massive horn honking from cars doing 80 on the freeway. Stop in Starbucks, guy rolls in wearing an LBJ jersey. People start applauding the guy. Guy ends up getting a "Lets Go Cavs" chant started. In Starbucks! In snippety Beachwood!

Anyone that's going downtown Saturday, let us know in here. Let's find a place to try and get a group together to get our pregame on.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby NoWearMan » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:11 am

I take a lot of shit being a diehard cleveland fan living in seattle.

days like this are good.

and i'm expected to be productive at work today? i think not. is anyone in cleveland even working today??
NoWearMan

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:14 am

is anyone in cleveland even working today??

I am at work, does that count?

:idea: Swerb - We need a "boss button" like cbssportsline has for their march madness on demand. It is sometimes a long stroll to the minimize button.

We can put it right next to submit.... :lol:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby neoleo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:36 am

This is what I do Pup. First I hide the taskbar at the bottom (done through right clicking the taskbar and clicking on properties). Then I keep the page that I'm supposed to be working on maximized. I then pop the restored sized message board window up over top of the maximized work screen. This way, whenever I need to quickly hide the message board, I simply click the screen of my work page and it jumps back on top and since the taskbar is hidden, you can't even tell that I have something else minimized underneath it. Make sense?

P.S. Go Cavs! I read today that they're having a viewing party outside on gateway plaza for game 6. They're bringing in big screen tv's and selling beer. It's going to be amazing down there!
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:57 am

Holy Shit. Cavs game going on inside the Q....Tribe game going on at the Jake....and inbetween all that you'll have people whooping it up on the plaza watching the Cavs game? Fucking A. Times have not been this great in a long time, if ever.
consigliere

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:14 pm

If I may say, the way the Cavs management are going out of their way to make this as special as possible for the fans is amazing. Big ups to them.
StewieG

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:15 pm

StewieG wrote:If I may say, the way the Cavs management are going out of their way to make this as special as possible for the fans is amazing. Big ups to them.

The Cavs really have become a first class organization under Gilbert. The product is excellent at home. And they treat season ticket holders like gold.

It's always easier to spend the extra pennies when you have a money making machine in LeBron James ... but it doesn't mean you have to.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:50 pm

Consigliere wrote:What a year so far for fans of the Cleveland teams and Bucks.

- Bucks make NCAA Football Championship game
- Bucks make NCAA Basketball Championship game
- Cavs on the brink of making the NBA Finals.

So far, we are *almost* 3-for-3 in our teams making the big game.

If the Cavs make it...could the Indians make it four?

Man, we keep this up, and I might start to have illusions that the Browns could be the surprise team of the NFL next year and make a playoff run! :P :-P :razz:

The Bucekeyes accomplished nothing.

No more BS Cleveland moral victories and 2nd place parades with Omar speaking for this fam.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

sat nite

Unread postby rawdawgexpress » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:55 pm

JB:

No more BS Cleveland moral victories and 2nd place parades with Omar speaking for this fam.

rawdawg:

You didn't enjoy the win over Michigan (The game of the Century) and the run the Final Four by Oden and crew?
Is that really nothing?

Yeah you're right, nothing beats being the champ but really you've got to take what you get and have the most fun with that. Otherwise you're a frigging stick in the mud.

Two other notes:
I'm working in the am tomorrow so I can't go crazy tonite but I will say that literally everyone I know will be out in some capacity downtown tonite. It should be really nuts.

When Lebron said that he'd lite this city up like Vegas I think in some small way that's coming true. Which is amazing.

I heard on the Roda show that he is advising everyone to enjoy themselves "with class". Is that code that there might be OSU style riots if the Cavs win?

Finally, I don't want say I'm superstitious but I'll be at the same bar I watched the last two games with the same jeans on (unwashed, of course). Also, I cancelled my appointment with the lady who cuts my hair.
People call it 'vision.' I call it running away.
-Josh Cribbs
rawdawgexpress

Unread postby lovsgrady » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:21 pm

Cleveland Needs a party, and that is what it is going to be. Two important games with Cleveland teams hoping to trounce two Detroit teams right next to each other. Cleveland is going to be exploding. Finally Cleveland doesn't need the Rock'n Roll hall of fame to rock. Go Cavs. Detroit is tired, that Overtime took it out of them, you could tell. I hope we win. This is just so exciting. Just imagine how many Cavs shirts people sold today... :?: ya, a lot.
Why so serious
lovsgrady
Future Mrs. Sizemore

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:16 am

You're ciked.

Sincerely,

My mom.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSZEAkZeqc

That's someone's home footage of outside the Q during the final seconds of the game, and afterwards, plus walking down the streets with all the cars, fire trucks, etc honking and celebrating. Just a surreal scene.
StewieG

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA