Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs & Bynum: Well That Escalated Quickly...

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Cavs & Bynum: Well That Escalated Quickly...

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:17 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10204 ... rade-block

Sad this had to happen in the midst of such a magical, smooth season for the Wine & Gold...

Christ... should ship this franchise to Seattle and pretend it never existed.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Cavs & Bynum: Well That Escalated Quickly...

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:16 pm

It's weird. Seems kind of out of the blue. I haven't been paying as close attention as I could, but I don't recall hearing of any problemswith Bynum. Does anyone know what happened? Did he fuck Kryie's mom or something?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Rumor is that Bynam and Browns are butting heads. So now our two best players don't like the coach. Do we need any more proof that Chris Grant is the biggest joke of a GM in basketball?
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:44 pm

There were two things about Andrew Bynum that everyone on GGE knew, with the obvious exception of possibly the worst organization in the history of sports:

1. He had very serious health issues.

2. He's a jag-off.

It's with these things in mind that I didn't declare the signing a "good deal" cause it wasn't much money. Well, guess what ? Those dopes are out their money.

All this for a guy that is the athletic NBA equivalent of Zydrunas....the last years of his career. I'm sure teams are lining up.

Perhaps they can try to ink Wilt Chamberlain for 10 bucks. Even if he comes back at 50 percent they'll have quite a coup over the league.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:48 pm

andrew6586 wrote:Rumor is that Bynam and Browns are butting heads. So now our two best players don't like the coach. Do we need any more proof that Chris Grant is the biggest joke of a GM in basketball?

Exactly how does this indict Grant in such a way?

Virtually everyone in basketball considered the Bynum signing a very good move, and most saw the hiring of Brown as a solid move. Forecasting those two not getting along wouldn't be considered easy.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:48 pm

By the way with Kyrie.....it's pretty clear he's not buying into Brown's defense. Christ, there's a lotta bad defensive players in the league, so I ain't gonna call him the worst, but he's a 2 on the 10 scale at best. The other night when he scored 37 with "the flu" and the media is blowin' him and all.....were they watching pedestrian NBA guards driving by him all night. If he'da stopped someone 30% of the time he woudn't a needed 20.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:06 pm

Where's that previous Bynum thread where I said 17 times not to get excited about Bynum because he hates to play basketball?
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:46 pm

^Don't need the thread I remember. I also was one of those who said it was a risk/reward thing; and will be honest I was "hoping" for the reward. If you put his signing on an island it doesn't make Grant look bad, but when you add it to the team he constructed its another data point in the wrong direction.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:49 pm

It also appears his trade value is completely due to his partially guaranteed contract. The team who trades for him can save 6 million off their cap when they waive him.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Bynum has arguably his best season playing under Roker in LA so he knew what he was getting into coming here.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:17 pm

FUDU wrote:
andrew6586 wrote:Rumor is that Bynam and Browns are butting heads. So now our two best players don't like the coach. Do we need any more proof that Chris Grant is the biggest joke of a GM in basketball?

Virtually everyone in basketball considered the Bynum signing a very good move, and most saw the hiring of Brown as a solid move. Forecasting those two not getting along wouldn't be considered easy.

I was excited about the move as well. I think it was smart by Grant. However, my gripe comes from hiring Brown back. LeBron couldn't stand him, he had just been fired from the Lakers and nobody else wanted him. Let's get that guy! Kyrie was tired of him after a month and now Bynum is too. Brown is a hell of defensive coach but knows less about offense than my wife. The players don't respect him for his shortcomings. It's clear.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:18 pm

bookelly wrote:Where's that previous Bynum thread where I said 17 times not to get excited about Bynum because he hates to play basketball?

I remember it, I too was skeptical, only b/c he appears to be somewhat of a quitter.

Not sure if that is what this is about now, but the dots are there to be connected.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:22 pm

andrew6586 wrote:
FUDU wrote:

I was excited about the move as well. I think it was smart by Grant. However, my gripe comes from hiring Brown back. LeBron couldn't stand him, he had just been fired from the Lakers and nobody else wanted him. Let's get that guy! Kyrie was tired of him after a month and now Bynum is too. Brown is a hell of defensive coach but knows less about offense than my wife. The players don't respect him for his shortcomings. It's clear.

That might be true, but what is still not clear are LeBron's feelings toward Brown. Stephen A. Smith has commented on this a few times, regarding some deeper issues with LBJ's departure. SAS is close with Wade and according to Wade LeBron felt some level of betrayal by some segment or people in the organization. If it wasn't with Brown that is probably why Brown was brought in to some degree, the appeal to LBJ and any potential to his return.

FUDU

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:27 pm

FUDU wrote:
andrew6586 wrote:
FUDU wrote:

That might be true, but what is still not clear are LeBron's feelings toward Brown. Stephen A. Smith has commented on this a few times, regarding some deeper issues with LBJ's departure. SAS is close with Wade and according to Wade LeBron felt some level of betrayal by some segment or people in the organization. If it wasn't with Brown that is probably why Brown was brought in to some degree, the appeal to LBJ and any potential to his return.

I've heard of something similar and I've also heard the exact opposite. I guess we will never know what happened. It's possible that LeBron loves Brown but who knows. I just can't stand a majority of Chris Grants' moves. Four top four picks including two numbers ones and look at the level of talent the Cavs put on the court everyday. It's a joke.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Well it bears repeating, as it's been said/asked often, who are the multiple players that the Cavs should have taken (in those drafts) that would hands down make us a better team right now?

FUDU

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Barnes and Oladipo, and both were obvious at the time (give me Valanciunas over Thompson too, but Thompson is fine so that's a pass) Even if Waiters is in the same ballpark as Barnes talent wise, the difference in fit isn't even close. And I'd take a McDouble in exchange for Bennett right now, let alone a solid starter and defensive stopper like Oladipo.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby jerryroche » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:01 pm

FUDU wrote:Well it bears repeating, as it's been said/asked often, who are the multiple players that the Cavs should have taken (in those drafts) that would hands down make us a better team right now?

I think the beef is with the team's makeup rather than individual players. Grant drafted a dribbling, driving guard who likes the ball in his hands when he already had one on the roster. Grant drafted a power forward when he already had a couple serviceable PFs on the roster. All while sorely needing outside shooters at the 2 and 3.

Not to mention the fact that, outside of Kyrie, Grant has been drafting players in the first and second rounds that can't even crack the starting lineup of one of the league's most pathetically inept teams, unless you play Andy out of position so TT can start at PF. No matter how else you try to defend Grant's high draft choices, that's the fact that hurts the team's W-L record the most.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:19 pm

jerryroche wrote:
FUDU wrote:Well it bears repeating, as it's been said/asked often, who are the multiple players that the Cavs should have taken (in those drafts) that would hands down make us a better team right now?

I think the beef is with the team's makeup rather than individual players. Grant drafted a dribbling, driving guard who likes the ball in his hands when he already had one on the roster. Grant drafted a power forward when he already had a couple serviceable PFs on the roster. All while sorely needing outside shooters at the 2 and 3.

Not to mention the fact that, outside of Kyrie, Grant has been drafting players in the first and second rounds that can't even crack the starting lineup of one of the league's most pathetically inept teams, unless you play Andy out of position so TT can start at PF. No matter how else you try to defend Grant's high draft choices, that's the fact that hurts the team's W-L record the most.

Exactly. Every game that passes shows just how dumb the Waiters pick was. Barnes isn't great, but he would have been a better fit for the Cavs. No doubt about it. Literally anyone would have been a better pick than Bennett. My grandmother could get more points and rebounds in a game.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby pup » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Guess things escalate a little quicker when you (allegedly) go Delonte/Gloria with an assistant coach's ole lady.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:42 pm

pup wrote:Guess things escalate a little quicker when you (allegedly) go Delonte/Gloria with an assistant coach's ole lady.

1st time he got physical all year. :nanner:
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:25 am

ESPN saying talks heating up between Cavs and Lakers that would send Bynum to LA for Gasol, Lakers would then waive Bynum and be free of about $20million in cap and tax obligations in a year where they're not making the playoffs.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:37 am

motherscratcher wrote:It's weird. Seems kind of out of the blue. I haven't been paying as close attention as I could, but I don't recall hearing of any problemswith Bynum. Does anyone know what happened? Did he fuck Kryie's mom or something?

Pretty sure Kyrie's mom passed away, you heartless prick.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:48 am

gotribe31 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:It's weird. Seems kind of out of the blue. I haven't been paying as close attention as I could, but I don't recall hearing of any problemswith Bynum. Does anyone know what happened? Did he fuck Kryie's mom or something?

Before or after Bynum got to her?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:26 pm

peeker643 wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:

Well then kudos to the Cavs, you ain't winnin' the NBA title with a Necrophiliac in the lockeroom.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:01 pm

peeker643 wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:

It wasn't clear but her last words were "Oh God I'm coming.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA