Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Lebron hurt?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Lebron hurt?

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 16, 2007 10:49 pm

According to Tait, he is hurt. The extent of the injury is unknown at this time. What happened?
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Dozen » Wed May 16, 2007 10:50 pm

rolled his ankle/foot..here we go ............. :-( :sad: :( christ
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 16, 2007 10:54 pm

Did it look bad? Tait sounded concerned in the post-game wrap.
consigliere

Unread postby Dozen » Wed May 16, 2007 10:56 pm

Every LBJ injury (which seems to be every game) is glorified by all the camera attn he gets...who knows eventually its gonna be bad :evil:

Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed May 16, 2007 10:57 pm

He rolled his ankle. He got to the locker room under his own power; walking/limping at a fast pace, teeth gritted. Happens to him all the time. it didn't look too serious to me. The rolled ankle against Warshington looked a lot worse.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2007 11:04 pm

I would fake the injury after such a piss poor game too.

Unread postby Dozen » Wed May 16, 2007 11:10 pm

He is doing the post game interview now

said he got a cut on his knee and also was mentioned his GF needed medical attn at halftime

Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Unread postby swerb » Wed May 16, 2007 11:26 pm

He looked fine. He was barely limping. He went to the locker room with a minute left out of shame more than anything IMO.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 16, 2007 11:30 pm

Interesting comments in the post-game presser from Lebron.

When asked if the loss was a tough one, he respond with "it's just basketball. There are more important things to worry about....my family I go home to is more important."

While he is right....for whatever reason I'm not sure I like him saying that. He might have been better off ignoring that question.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2007 11:32 pm

We will never win a title with his attitude.
He needs to take games like this over, as soon as it starts.
It was 6 or 7 minutes in before he took a shot.
I blame him more than anything for the loss.

Unread postby sandlot33 » Wed May 16, 2007 11:39 pm

Consigliere wrote:Interesting comments in the post-game presser from Lebron.

When asked if the loss was a tough one, he respond with "it's just basketball. There are more important things to worry about....my family I go home to is more important."

Yeah we all know family is more important than work. What an assanine thing to say. Does that comment sound like something Jordan would ever say?????? Never
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby Dozen » Wed May 16, 2007 11:41 pm

While he is right....for whatever reason I'm not sure I like him saying that. He might have been better off ignoring that question.

Well, Im not gonna defend this teams performance tonight but if your GF who happens to be pregnant with his 2nd child needs medical attn during a game I can understand that comment. And he is right, his family is more important than any game or endorsement he will ever be a part of. To me it's refreshing to hear such a young man with his head screwed on straight. Go to NJ and win game 6 and you will never care about his take on that.

Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed May 16, 2007 11:45 pm

Hopefully all is well with the wife and kid. That being said, those of us that have watched this series are all in need of some medical attention.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jb » Thu May 17, 2007 6:05 am

He's absolutely right.

And he's also dead wrong.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jfiling » Thu May 17, 2007 8:40 am

LeBron's priorities:

1) Keeping his girlfriend continually knocked-up
2) Building Xanadu
3) Playing basketball games
4) Winning basketball games
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu May 17, 2007 9:07 am

jfiling wrote:LeBron's priorities:

2) Building Xanadu

If this is the kind of thing LeBron should expect from Cleveland fans whenever the team has a bad game, he really should go to Brooklyn or someplace he's appreciated. Honestly, he didn't play badly last night. He was triple-teamed and did the right thing: he found the open man. Unfortunately, that man all too often was Larry Hughes.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby jfiling » Thu May 17, 2007 10:00 am

HermanFontenot wrote:

2) Building Xanadu

If this is the kind of thing LeBron should expect from Cleveland fans whenever the team has a bad game, he really should go to Brooklyn or someplace he's appreciated. Honestly, he didn't play badly last night. He was triple-teamed and did the right thing: he found the open man. Unfortunately, that man all too often was Larry Hughes.

You know, it probably wouldn't kill LeBron to grab Hughes by the throat and tell him to quit shooting his long-distance garbage and penetrate once in a while.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu May 17, 2007 10:03 am

jfiling wrote:
HermanFontenot wrote:

2) Building Xanadu

You know, it probably wouldn't kill LeBron to grab Hughes by the throat and tell him to quit shooting his long-distance garbage and penetrate once in a while.

The impression I get from LeBron is that he'll get up in some guys' faces and defer to others. The younger players- AV, Pavs, Danny, Drew Gooden- he'll crack the whip on when need be. The veterans- specifically Z and Hughes- he won't assert himself to them as someone they should look to as a leader. So while LBJ might slap Drew upside the head periodically, he won't do a damn thing while Larry is chucking up line-drive jumpers, dribbling the ball off his foot, all the while with that infuriating smirk on his face.

Just IMO.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu May 17, 2007 3:08 pm

When Lebron looks back on his career, hopefully he can tell his 9 kids with seven different women about his championship years in Cleveland.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Dozen » Thu May 17, 2007 3:31 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:When Lebron looks back on his career, hopefully he can tell his 9 kids with seven different women about his championship years in Cleveland.

C'mon, that isnt a fair statement. This kid has been a model citizen and face for team and the city. The fact he isnt married yet doesnt make him Shawn Kemp. I cannot believe the flack this kid gets. It's the media thats builds him up and then knocks him down.

Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Unread postby consigliere » Thu May 17, 2007 4:58 pm

JB wrote:

He's absolutely right.

And he's also dead wrong.

Yup. That's what I was sayin.

I completely agree nothing is more important than family....but when he was asked if he would take the loss hard and he gives a response like that, it sort of irks me. Not the kind of response I want from my star.....but then again, sort of shows the inner-workings of Lebron and explains how he lacks focus from time to time. Jordan wanted to eat your children, Lebron wants to play with them.
consigliere

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu May 17, 2007 5:09 pm

Jordan, Jordan, Jordan. You know what? They didn't say MJ was too soft or too nice when he was in his third and fourth seasons. They said he was too selfish- that he cared more about winning scoring titles than NBA titles.

This Jordan-as-an-infallible stuff is pure historical revisionism. The guy was trashed early in his career, just like LBJ is now. It looks foolish in retrospect, just as this trashing of LeBron is going to look foolish when he wins a title.

Sorry about the rant. It isn't directed at anyone personally. It just gets tiresome that LBJ is subjected to these harsh, cosmic judgements every time he is any less than spectacular.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby Dozen » Thu May 17, 2007 5:11 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:Jordan, Jordan, Jordan. You know what? They didn't say MJ was too soft or too nice when he was in his third and fourth seasons. They said he was too selfish- that he cared more about winning scoring titles than NBA titles.

This Jordan-as-an-infallible stuff is pure historical revisionism. The guy was trashed early in his career, just like LBJ is now. It looks foolish in retrospect, just as this trashing of LeBron is going to look foolish when he wins a title.

Sorry about the rant. It isn't directed at anyone personally. It just gets tiresome that LBJ is subjected to these harsh, cosmic judgements every time he is any less than spectacular.

I agree 100%

Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu May 17, 2007 5:25 pm

Also, let's not forget the fact that Jordan never had to face the Zone defense in Chicago with Snow or Hughes out front so teams could collapse to seven feet from the bucket.

And, It wasn't a fair statement towards Lebron Dozen. It was fair to more than half the league, and I will go ahead and predict it will be fair to him at some point. As they say, the best predicter of the future is history, and in modern sport, the history of bastardized children is filling up volumes.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jb » Thu May 17, 2007 5:33 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:Jordan, Jordan, Jordan. You know what? They didn't say MJ was too soft or too nice when he was in his third and fourth seasons. They said he was too selfish- that he cared more about winning scoring titles than NBA titles.

While I agree perspective is needed when it comes to Bron, I will also add that IIRC being alive at the time that MJ was lionized and the team around him dissed.

There's still no comparison. MJ was putting up 50 and losing.

The crux of he problem is comparing ANYBODY with MJ, LBJ included. It's just not fair.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jfiling » Thu May 17, 2007 6:49 pm

If I in any way inspired that rant, I probably had it coming.

The thing is, I love LeBron's game, and despise his attitude. I know he's just a 22 year old kid, and he's going to grow up someday. I wouldn't compare him to MJ, though, but I would compare him to KG and Kobe.

And for Christ's sake he needs to quit making love to everyone on the opposing team before every game.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby mswerb » Thu May 17, 2007 9:05 pm

I feel that Lebron lacks the killer instinct that MJ had. He needs to go out and score at will, on anyone who tries to defend him. I understand that he tries to get his teammates involved but this is the playoffs, go balls out. If your teammates can't get it done, tell them to jump on your back and carry the frickin' load.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA