Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Are you kidding me????????

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Are you kidding me????????

Unread postby Guest » Sat May 12, 2007 7:34 pm

Game 3 of the playoffs
Down by 11 with 2 minutes to go.
What does Coach Brown do?
Takes out the starters and clears the bench???
They cut it to 8 with a minute and they don't do anything.
Unreal
I hope that piece of shit gets fired.

Unread postby Kuiper » Sat May 12, 2007 7:41 pm

Do you really think we were coming back? Brown may be faulted for the team's play the whole game, but we didn't lose because of the last two minutes. With Kidd and other starters out, they weren't exactly guarding us when Sasha and Gibson made their shots at the end.
Kuiper

Unread postby Guest » Sat May 12, 2007 7:46 pm

Do I think they'd come back?
Maybe, maybe not.
He never takes Lebron out any other game so why do it now.
They played like shit and quit at the end, plain and simple.

Unread postby sandlot33 » Sat May 12, 2007 8:45 pm

I agree that its not that big a deal

we couldn't score more than 86 with the starters, not our night

try something else we lost on...on to game 4
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 12, 2007 9:36 pm

Poor effort from the Cavs tonight.

The Nets came out of the gates in both the 1st and 2nd halves with a possessed look in their eyes. The Cavs looked lethargic, and were happy to settle for jumpers. They were beat for every loose ball and rebound.

I'm not overly concerned at this point ... even though the Cavs at times looked like the regular season version that thought they were better than they really were. This is a well coached, proud veteran Jersey team that was just determined to get this thing done today.

Some bright spots? The Cavs didn't allow any easy buckets. Some great playoff hard fouls. Larry continues to look more like Robin.

Monday night is gonna be a dogfight.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Dozen » Sat May 12, 2007 10:45 pm

Come home with a split and take care of business. NJ is a quality team with some very good vets. Kidd was on fire and they made it a point to crash the boards. No worries, it's why they call it a series.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby consigliere » Sat May 12, 2007 10:54 pm

Funny part is, we all thought we'd get to the EC Finals and rest up while the Pistons would have to play in a dogfight leading into our eventual series with them.....and now it looks like the things have flipped. Detroit may be sitting back and relaxing, while we have to go to 6-7 games with the Nets to beat them (which I think may be better anyway for us, we need to get the playoff motor going, and a tough grind it out series is what we need....thngs had been TOO easy up until this point).

I could very well see this series going 7 with the home team winning all games.

And the Cavs today looked like the same team we saw all regular season. For whatever reason, they came out completely lethargic and looked unmotivated.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Dozen » Sat May 12, 2007 10:58 pm

Consigliere wrote:Funny part is, we all thought we'd get to the EC Finals and rest up while the Pistons would have to play in a dogfight leading into our eventual series with them.....and now it looks like the things have flipped. Detroit may be sitting back and relaxing, while we have to go to 6-7 games with the Nets to beat them (which I think may be better anyway for us, we need to get the playoff motor going, and a tough grind it out series is what we need....thngs had been TOO easy up until this point).

I could very well see this series going 7 with the home team winning all games.

And the Cavs today looked like the same team we saw all regular season. For whatever reason, they came out completely lethargic and looked unmotivated.

Not I sir :mrgreen:
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby FUDU » Sun May 13, 2007 12:59 am

This game is nothing is the scheme of things, Cavaliers are too much for these saps in the end.

Us playing a 6 game series compared to a 5 game series before we face Detroit is moot the way the Pistons are showing their focus and dominance.

I just want us to get to the EC finals and start over.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 13, 2007 8:00 am

If they play as bad as they did yesterday they won't make it to Detroit.

Unread postby jb » Sun May 13, 2007 9:15 am

Swerb wrote:Poor effort from the Cavs tonight.

Hammer, meet nail.

The Cavs were somehow not ready to play basketball in the playoffs. That game is the signature of this young team. Up. Down. Looking great. Not giving a rats ass and getting served. It's maddening.

They got outrebounded by the Nets. Disgusting.

That's why they lost.

This quote says it all. I respect the honesty, but th fact it had to be said makes me wanna run for the ipicac:

``They just wanted it more,'' Cavs center Zydrunas Ilgauskas said.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/17220350.htm
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby swerb » Sun May 13, 2007 10:19 am

First off, I don't think anyone thought the Cavs would cruise to the EC Finals in 4 and "rest up" while Det and Chi went 7. Just speaking for me, the Pistons path to the EC Finals looked more taxing than the Cavs. I think we all underestimated just how good this Pistons team is when the chips are in the middle. And I know I underestimated a second year of Flip, and the addition of CWebb.

The Pistons will be a formidable foe.

Secondly, Z's comment is alarming because it's true. This Cavs team simply thinks they are better than they are, led by LeBron ... who was content to . And winning the first six of the playoffs sure as shit didn't shrink their egos.

I don't want to make too much of one loss. The Nets came out and played balls to the wall. Even if the Cavs did the same, they still may have lost that game yesterday. They are still up 2-1, and are 6-1 in the playoffs.

That said, yesterdays game was the 1st one the Cavs weren't favored in. Monday nights game will be a defining moment for the team. Hopefully yesterday was cold water in the face for them, and they will rebound and effectively end the series tomorrow night in Jersey.

If not, they are likely in for a seven game series.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA