Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Was LeBron Snubbed?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Was LeBron Snubbed?

Unread postby pup » Thu May 10, 2007 7:17 pm

Sound off, I think this will contain some interesting opinions....
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Kuiper » Thu May 10, 2007 7:23 pm

LeBron was hurt by a period of what was perceived nationally as "going through the motions." It's a question of baselines. His going through the motions period was better than 90% of the NBA, but only 75% of what we've come to expect from LeBron. Amare, on the other hand, exceeded expectations, even though his performance would have been called "wind-aided" if it was track because he had an all-star MVP PG feeding him the rock. Moreover, LBJ's stats dominate Amare's, but the latter is probably excused because he has better talent around him whereas LBJ got baskets because the perception was that everything was designed for him.
Kuiper

Unread postby swerb » Thu May 10, 2007 8:08 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Led by the Suns, the Western Conference grabbed all the limelight of the All-NBA team on Thursday.

Phoenix point guard Steve Nash was an unanimous selection to the team and was joined by Suns teammate Amare Stoudemire on a squad made up entirely of Western Conference players.

Dallas forward Dirk Nowitzki, San Antonio forward Tim Duncan and Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, the league's leading scorer, rounded out the first team.

"It's a tough conference," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said.

Nash, the league's two-time defending MVP, received 129 first-place votes and 645 total points from the panel of 129 media members.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleveland's LeBron James, the top vote-getter for last year's All-NBA team, dropped to the second team this season. He was joined by Washington's Gilbert Arenas, Houston's Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming, and Toronto's Chris Bosh.

The third team was: Miami's Dwyane Wade, Detroit's Chauncey Billups, Minnesota's Kevin Garnett, Denver's Carmelo Anthony and Orlando's Dwight Howard.

Cleveland center Zydrunas Ilgauskas did a double-take when told James wasn't selected to the first team.

"For us, he's our MVP and that's all that matters," he said. "There are not a lot of guys better than him, if any, period. There's nobody I would rather have."
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Thu May 10, 2007 8:38 pm

Lets be honest, LeBron sat out some games he could have played this year, and also was a noticably different player in nationally televised games than he was when playing against teams like the Bobcats and the Bucks.

But its hard to sit here and criticize him for it with the Cavs 6-0 in the playoffs, and the team on a month long winning streak when it counts most. Would Jordan, Magic, or Bird have sat those games out? No. Did they settle for jumpers and play the "lurk and lunge" defense against weak teams ... drawing the ire of national columnists? No.

But there's a couple things to remember here. One, LeBron is 22.

Two, LeBron knows his body best ... and in hindsight, how he played this season out looks genius. The team got the two seed. He was not used and abused as badly as last regular season. And if the second half of game Two against the Nets is any indication, he is 100% and has fresh legs for what figures to be a grueling 2-3 weeks against the Nets and Pistons.

Still, as Kuiper said, LeBron's coast mode is still better than 99% of the NBA. And if you take LeBron off the Cavs, they are legitimately 20 games worse in the W-L column, the greatest impact of any player in the league IMO.

Being completely objective, he would have gotten my 1st team All-NBA vote over Amare. But he would have been the 5th guy on my 1st team.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 10, 2007 9:32 pm

Not only was LeBron snubbed but the EC was as well.

They made this All NBA team as if this was 1968 and there were just 14 teams in existence.

What an absolute joke.

You know when you root for teams that just never seem to win, the awards and things like this are all you got, so in the end I hope we get the last laugh and LeBron gets his ring THIS year.

That is all that matters to me, and I think LeBron would agree with me.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Dozen » Thu May 10, 2007 10:07 pm

Rack Swerb, I have the same exact feelings on this, but just couldnt put it into words. That was one of the finest posts to date.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby swerb » Fri May 11, 2007 7:17 am

Really, this is great news and great timing for Cavs fans.

I guarantee LeBron is taking this very hard, if not publically. Maybe he's even brushing it off to his inner circle.

But LeBron is clearly a guy that reads everything out there about him, and is very cognizant of the media's coverage of him. Nearly every single time someone writes something ill about him, he brings it up in some way in the post game pressers. He's still making comments, every time the Cavs have a good night at the line and its brought up, about the medias riding of the Cavs due to their poor foul shooting.

Three days rest? Snubbed from the All-NBA first team?

Cavs +4.5 and LeBron over 29 points sure look like good bets tomorrow night.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby comish » Fri May 11, 2007 1:54 pm

I was thinking the exact same thing, Swerb. This couldn't have come at a worse time a Nets team trying to get back into the series. :bom: It wouldn't surprise me to see LBJ go completely postal Saturday :king: Thank you voters :cheers:
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby swerb » Fri May 11, 2007 1:56 pm

comish ... LOCK AND LOAD ... LeBron >29 points tomorrow

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri May 11, 2007 3:02 pm

The NBA and it's nonsense, hell they pick the wrong MVP at least every other year. Who would expect them to get 5 guys correct?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hoover » Fri May 11, 2007 5:16 pm

It's actually the writers & media making the picks, isn't it?

I agree with Swerb, LeBron is gonna go off tomorrow. 30+ pts, maybe a triple-double. I can't wait to see it! :mrgreen:
Hoover

Unread postby consigliere » Fri May 11, 2007 7:55 pm

Heard Windhorst on WTAM talk about this....

Said that Lebron actually had a considerably larger vote count than Stoudamire, but Stoudamire was voted as a "center" and was the #1 voted center. Also, the problem stems from Duncan being voted as a center and forward, but even still Duncan had more votes at forward than LeBron. Said that Duncan should have been voted as a center, and that he voted for Leborn (obviously).
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby jb » Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Dozen wrote:Rack Swerb, I have the same exact feelings on this, but just couldnt put it into words. That was one of the finest posts to date.

Yeah. I agree.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri May 11, 2007 11:17 pm

Hoover wrote:It's actually the writers & media making the picks, isn't it?

I agree with Swerb, LeBron is gonna go off tomorrow. 30+ pts, maybe a triple-double. I can't wait to see it! :mrgreen:

It is the writers and the media, unfortunately, it shows you just how many unknowledgable sheep have those jobs. A few writers start pimping Karl Malone and the rest follow. Next thing you know he's stealing it from Jordan. Barkley....... it was Nowitzski's turn this year etc.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby pup » Sat May 12, 2007 7:40 pm

I guess that answers that question. Way to respond LBJ!
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby consigliere » Sat May 12, 2007 10:55 pm

Whelp, maybe the writers have a clue afterall. Today's performance by the team and Lebron is exactly why Lebron and the team lack a lot of respect in the media.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby jb » Sun May 13, 2007 9:17 am

Consigliere wrote:Whelp, maybe the writers have a clue afterall. Today's performance by the team and Lebron is exactly why Lebron and the team lack a lot of respect in the media.

AD me to the list of those who support this.

Being the most talented BB player in the world doesn't make you one of the 5 best.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby swerb » Sun May 13, 2007 10:47 am

Games like yesterday frustrate me watching LeBron.

Three days off. I counted four times LeBron took the ball to the hole. And he had probably 20-25 opportunities to do so.

And hes unstoppable when he does so. Its very frustrating. Antoine Wright guarded him for all of his 16 minutes on the floor. LeBrons acting like this kid is Bruce Bowen on HGH. Take him to the fucking hole!

Mike Brown deserves a little blame as well. The Cavs just aren't setting as many picks for LBJ at the top of the key. Varejao is the only one, and it almost looks like hes freelancing it. They need to be more creative in getting him freed up, especially when the big physical Richard Jefferson is on him.

Also ... its just mind boggling that Roker, in two years here, has still not figured out a way to get LBJ the ball on the block. The Nets had Kidd on LBJ the whole 2nd half of game 2 ... just daring us to post LBJ up.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby mswerb » Sun May 13, 2007 5:55 pm

Homeboy needs to drop at least 30 on Monday, take frickin' charge and serve up a beatdown on the Nets. :evil:
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA