Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Elias and the Cavaliers

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Elias and the Cavaliers

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 09, 2007 10:24 am

Some interesting stats from Elias on the Cavaliers:

• New Jersey has never overcome an 0-2 deficit and now has to win four of five.

• LeBron James had 36 points and 12 assists for Cleveland in its win over the Nets. Only one other player in Cavaliers' history had 35 or more points and at least 10 assists in a playoff game, and he also did it in a home game against the Nets: Mark Price (35 points, 10 assists) on April 23, 1992.

• The Cavaliers outrebounded the Nets by 14 in Game 1 (51-37) and by 17 in Game 2 (49-32). They're the first team to have 14 or more rebounds than their opponent in each of the first two games of a playoff series since Sacramento did it against Seattle in 1996 (plus-15 and plus-17).

• Cleveland has won each of its first six games of the 2007 NBA playoffs, joining Detroit as the only two teams to start these playoffs with six straight wins. From 1994 to 2006 six teams started the playoffs with a winning streak of at least six games, only one of those teams made it to the NBA Finals that year. The Lakers won their first 11 games of the 2001 playoffs on their way to the NBA championship. The five teams that failed to reach the Finals: Orlando in 1996 (won first six), Indiana in 1999 (seven), San Antonio in 2004 (six), Indiana in 2004 (six) and Miami in 2005 (eight).
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Wed May 09, 2007 2:04 pm

I'm going to guarantee write now that one of the teams that started this with six straight playoff wins will not make the NBA Finals? Will anyone dare challenge me? If you do then you're an idiot.

Detroit's looking pretty scary right now, though I think we match up better against them than the Bulls do. Wallace has helped their interior somewhat, but they are still weak when it comes to picking up points in the post.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Get_Wedge_Out_NOW! » Wed May 09, 2007 2:39 pm

ALSO: 8 more 20+ point games in a row in the playoffs and Lebron ties Abdul-Jabbar for most in a row to start a career with 27
Get_Wedge_Out_NOW!
Angry and Irrational

Unread postby Dozen » Wed May 09, 2007 2:42 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:I'm going to guarantee write now that one of the teams that started this with six straight playoff wins will not make the NBA Finals? Will anyone dare challenge me? If you do then you're an idiot.

Detroit's looking pretty scary right now, though I think we match up better against them than the Bulls do. Wallace has helped their interior somewhat, but they are still weak when it comes to picking up points in the post.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

********note, not picking on you......just made me laugh my ass off! :mrgreen:
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Wed May 09, 2007 4:04 pm

Dozen wrote:
Mr. MacPhisto wrote:I'm going to guarantee write now that one of the teams that started this with six straight playoff wins will not make the NBA Finals? Will anyone dare challenge me? If you do then you're an idiot.

It was entirely intentional. Yeah, that's the ticket. Fully intentional! I'm a genius!

Maybe I should start proofreading my message board posts. English can be a very crappy language sometimes.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Dozen » Wed May 09, 2007 4:21 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
Dozen wrote:

It was entirely intentional. Yeah, that's the ticket. Fully intentional! I'm a genius!

Maybe I should start proofreading my message board posts. English can be a very crappy language sometimes.

Hey, I've never won a spelling B either.....just made me laugh :lol:
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA