Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

I can't stand to watch anymore...

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

I can't stand to watch anymore...

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:57 pm

...as the Cavs continue to blow their chances to secure a top five pick.

Last night was a prime example. There’s no way they should miss the chance to lose to a 17-11 team, but they choked away the opportunity. Yeah, I know Indy had lost four straight and was without Granger, but come on, there’s a lot at stake here. Don’t they get that they’re playing for the #5 versus the #14 pick?

I understand there are some inexperienced players on this team. I understand it’s a process and we have to be patient. But it frustrates me no end to see Kyrie Irving continue to lead the team in scoring and knock down game-winning shots. I hold Byron Scott personally responsible for this. How hard would it be to justify benching KI in crunch time? He’s a teenager, for crissakes, and a rookie. Just say they’re bringing him along slowly.

In fact, what is he doing suiting up at all? Justin Morneau of the Twins had a concussion and missed half the season. And the beautiful thing about concussions is there’s no MRI, no cat scan - nothing whatsoever to see. You just ask the player if his head still hurts and if he says “Yes” (“Just nod along with me, Kyrie”), then he still has a concussion! That’s all there is to the protocol! Can’t they get anything right?

Where’s the veteran leadership? Somebody needs to step up and stop the bleeding. Even without Andy the Cavs are in serious jeopardy of winning three more games on this home stand alone, with games against Sacramento (10-19), Detroit (9-22), and New Orleans (6-23) coming up after the Miami beat down tomorrow.

Crap, we still got 13 games left against the dregs of the league - Washington, Detroit, Sacramento, New Orleans, Charlotte, New Jersey, and Toronto, although the Cavs have shown they can get it right against the Raptors, at least.

Obviously the players and coaching staff didn’t get the memo. It’s time for ownership to step in and restore some sanity. It’s not that hard. Trade Sessions and Jamison immediately. Then bring somebody in from the Browns front office to run things. Those guys know how to get high draft picks.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Re: I can't stand to watch anymore...

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 pm

BOOOOOO! Horrible satire. They lost 10 of 14 prior to this game, and tomorrow will lose to Miami by 20+ (though stranger things have happened and your post following such a strange event may cause me to drink the hemlock).
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:23 pm

I swear to God Prosecutor had to think the Fratello Cavs were the best Cavs teams ever. Not to mention how pissed he must have been when we didn't make the playoffs in 02-03.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Worst thread ever.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Orenthal wrote:BOOOOOO! Horrible satire. They lost 10 of 14 prior to this game, and tomorrow will lose to Miami by 20+ (though stranger things have happened and your post following such a strange event may cause me to drink the hemlock).

One of the stranger things was the Cavs beating Miami last March 102-90 in a game where LeBron and DWade played 43 minutes and Bosh played 33. The Cavs starting lineup was Gee, Hickson, Hollins, Parker, and Baron Davis. Harangoty and Eyenga combined for 44 minutes off the bench. I still can't figure out how that happened.

Miami is better this year so the Cavs could prove you right and lose by 20, but like you said, stranger things have happened.

Glad to hear all is well and they're on track for that high draft pick. I suppose I shouldn't get nervous just because they beat the L.A. Clippers, Dallas, and Indiana. Who's your top five and which one do you like for the Cavs?
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:58 pm

One more post will probably get me to change my mind and embrace the chemistry of winning over the more rational rebuild. One more.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:58 pm

oh oh what about that game where Samardo took that charge!
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Gotta Hankkk this...
Orenthal

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:08 pm

You must have loved tonight's game. Cavs actually tried, but had no chance and were blown out.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:25 am

Pretty sure about the easiest way to guarantee Lebron and Wade go a million miles an hour and be efficent on offense is to tell them, "Hey, on the defensive end, you guys keep an eye on Gee, Casspi and Thompson."
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 am

Didja happen to see Kyrie wet himslef for the next hour after LeBron sent his layup attempt off into the nethersphere?

His next layup attempt with LeBron nearby was the Sasha Pavlovic variety. Meaning it slammed off the underside of the rim and almost decapitated a player nearby.

Yeah... Kyrie is an excellent player and will get better. But he took his rightful place in the NBA pecking order last night. Yet I have to hear how there aren't 5 guys who some would rather have in the league here and on Twitter.

Tell me it's all because the Heat are the best team in the league with two of the best ten players. I'll tell you, "Yep" and ask you to keep Kyrie out of such discussions until he actually belongs.

And as I said last night somewhere, Omri Casspi makes me long for the gifts of JJ Hickson and that's really hard to do.

But let's strut when they beat the Pistons. Because that's where we want to be...
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:33 pm

peeker643 wrote:Didja happen to see Kyrie wet himslef for the next hour after LeBron sent his layup attempt off into the nethersphere?

His next layup attempt with LeBron nearby was the Sasha Pavlovic variety. Meaning it slammed off the underside of the rim and almost decapitated a player nearby.

Yeah... Kyrie is an excellent player and will get better. But he took his rightful place in the NBA pecking order last night. Yet I have to hear how there aren't 5 guys who some would rather have in the league here and on Twitter.

Tell me it's all because the Heat are the best team in the league with two of the best ten players. I'll tell you, "Yep" and ask you to keep Kyrie out of such discussions until he actually belongs.

And as I said last night somewhere, Omri Casspi makes me long for the gifts of JJ Hickson and that's really hard to do.

But let's strut when they beat the Pistons. Because that's where we want to be...

When you drive the lane, throw it off the underside and it comes back and nearly breaks your nose, well, I like to call that "The David Wesley."

Sessions combines the Wesley with the driving Potsie Weber a couple times a night.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Yeah, the Cavs got their comeuppance last night, if such a thing is even possible for an 11-16 team. But Miami is a juggernaut at the moment. Five road wins in a row by an average of 19 ppg, with three of them coming on consecutive nights. They're the 900 pound gorilla of the East right now. Just take your lumps and move on. At least the Cavs are done with the Heat for the season but they still have all three games against Washington, so they can still screw up their draft position.

Damn, much as it pains me to say it, LeBron is better than he was in Cleveland. His field goal percentage this year is 54.6% (career average 48.2%), 3-point average is 39% (career average of 33%), and he's getting 8.1 rebounds (career 7.1). He seems to be doing it with less effort as he's no longer driving repeatedly into the teeth of the defense to draw hard fouls or forcing up 3's. He's working smarter, not harder, and getting better results in fewer minutes. Maybe that's because his teammages are better, but whatever the reason, he's shooting better and the defense and passing are still there.

Scott publicly called out the Cavs, accusing them of being "scared" of the Heat. After the game Jamison disputed that statement, saying no one on the Cavs is afraid of any other man. I wonder if anything is going to come out of this or if it will be smoothed over.

Did anyone notice that Thompson hit 4-of-5 free throws? If one of the named All-Stars can't go, maybe TT will get a call.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA