Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

League Pass?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

League Pass?

Unread postby dmiles » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:09 am

Anyone on the League Pass?

One of the offspring is suddenly really into this NBA stuff, and I hate never getting to see any Cavs games so I plan to go for it. I was hoping they had a lower-end Broadband package, we have a couple of Roku's and Sprint EVO's with 4G around town. We had MLB Broadband, which I thought worked pretty well, but for NBA if I am not mistaken the best way to go is just to get League Pass through cable? I guess they give you Broadband and Mobile? Are the Broadband/Mobile accounts a pain to setup or is the first year they've combined all these?
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Re: League Pass?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:50 am

Cable is like $170 and includes broadband and mobile for all teams.

Cheap option is like $100 bucks or something for five teams of your choosing on broadband and probably mobile only.

Broadband with both gives you an archive to watch any game, autosaves em and stuff. TV reruns games at night so you can record them at like 3AM if you want.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:58 am

Oh and the broadband set up sucks dick this year, universal problems. They changed something or the other and it is hardly working, most hope is that when the free trial ends Sunday it's fixed.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby dmiles » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:04 pm

I usually get the MLB broadband and from experience the first week or two are awful and I think much like NBA is seeing there are so many people watching the free feed it bogs down the servers. That said I am not so sure it's also not IT guys putting in all kinds of tweaks after they see what kind of thrashing is being caused, so there is probably a little bit of both going on (tweaks and freebie guys deciding not to get it).

Frankly my HD cable feed sucked, but I think my receiver is hosed. I had a few games just freeze up on me, however I am not sure it's cable as I have other crap not working too well, so I'll take the box in to replace it. BTN HD just goes out inexplicably at times as well, which is why I think it's my box because this didn't used to happen at all.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA