Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

They're Back!

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: They're Back!

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:42 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:"Anthony Parker is a vital part of this team..."

- the joke regime that runs this team.

At least they're on course to blow for another 4-5 years and force Gilbert into hiring a real GM, which is our only chance to compete. Tanking or not, I really don't understand their fascination with Parker. There's not a more productive way to use those minutes? There's probably a 90% chance that Eyenga/Gee/Manny/etc won't ever be key players on a contender but there's a 100% chance that Parker won't be.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:40 pm

I see no reason for the Cavaliers to even feign interest in Parker. I don't think it becomes a concern as he prolly signs with the Celtics.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Demeatloaf » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:54 pm

Orenthal wrote:I see no reason for the Cavaliers to even feign interest in Parker. I don't think it becomes a concern as he prolly signs with the Celtics.

The fact that re-signing him is a "priority" scares the shit out of me.
Demeatloaf

Unread postby JJN » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:33 pm

Prosecutor wrote:Nice report. Solid points and actual facts leading to a logical conclusion. I'd give it an A.

However, I disagree with a couple of your points. Yes, we have three key players over 30, assuming they sign Parker and don't dump Davis. But I don't think any of them will be overworked. Scott will divide up the PG minutes between Davis, KI, and Sessions, if they don't trade Ramon. Davis won't be forced to play 40 minutes a night for 66 games in 127 days like, say, Rondo will because the Celtics are going for the playoffs. KI won't hit the "rookie wall" because he'll only be averaging 22-26 minutes a game.

If Kyrie is playing less than 32 minutes per game, I'm going to blow a fuse. He should be getting as many minutes as he can handle. That said, his body fat percentage was a bit high from inactivity and he hasn't played but 11 games over the last year. I don't expect him to in true game shape until next year. Who knows how big BD will be when he comes in, but it usually takes him a few months AFTER a full preseason to be in game shape.

With how good this draft is, Sessions should be sold for the first 1st rounder that is offered.

Same with power forward where Jamison, TT, and possibly Samuels will divvy up the minutes. At off guard, Parker is a role player at this point. Scott will carefully ration out the playing time so the vets don't get toasted by the compressed schedule and the rookies still get their minutes.

Jamo shouldn't be playing a ton of minutes, at least not for very long. It only exposes his deficiencies (defense and he is a volume shooter) and increases the chance he gets injured, which makes his trade value a big fat zero. Samuels sucks. Parker would be ok as like an 8th man on a contending team. His %'s took a hit last year, but that's because he had no one to pass to him until BD showed up.

It's interesting that pup says KI won't be much help early on because he'll still be adjusting to the league and JJN says he won't be of any use later because he'll have hit the rookie wall. Those are both possibilities, but come on, you guys are making the argument that the Cavs totally suck but the number 1 and number 4 picks in the draft aren't good enough to improve them. Sounds contradictory, don't you think? I say Irving makes them better the day he walks into the gym.

Neither of those statements is mutually exclusive. Is the team better with Kyrie and TT than they were last year? Absolutely. As soon as Kyrie steps on the floor, he improves us. That said, we sucked hard last year, and it is going to take time for them to become acclimated to the NBA, especially Irving. The point is the hardest position to adjust to at the NBA level. His production should increase, then plateau, then perhaps decrease a little as he tires and teams adjust to him.

As far as TT, he might have potential as a stopper/rebounder, but I don't see how TT and Casspi give us more production daily than Hickson + whoever was at SF did, at least at this point. JJ was putting up 17/11 after the All Star break last year. While that doesn't show how he goofed on defense and bobbled passes, I'm just not sure that Casspi and TT are better right now.

You also believe that Jamison, Varajao, and Davis will report out of shape and not ready to play. Are we talking about the same Antwan Jamison I'm thinking of, a true professional with a great work ethic and one of the most respected players in the league? Are we talking about the Varajao that takes charges night after night, hustles his ass off, and dives for every loose ball? These are the guys that are going to show up out of shape? Varajao was the first guy in the gym when they unlocked the door a couple of days ago. Sorry, I'm not buying that one, either.

Depends on what we are defining as out of shape. I doubt that Jamo and AV will be fat, but I don't think their endurance will be at its usual level. There is a difference between being in shape and being in game shape for a condensed season.

If Irving and Thompson aren't good enough to improve a 19-63 team and if Jamo, AV, and Davis show up out of shape next week, then I'll admit I'm wrong.

Other than that, we beat the Wiz, the Pistons twice, the Kings, Bobcats, and the Raptors.

Guess what, those teams are still in the league. In fact, somebody mentioned that with the shortened schedule we'll play a lower percentage of games against Western Conference teams than usual. Don't try and tell me that won't help the W-L.

The Wiz should be better than us as Wall was injured last year, same with the Kings and Tyreke. I just don't think there are that many teams that we are worse than.

After the BD trade, our winning percentage was 36% Comparing that to other teams' winning percentage for their whole seasons, there would have been 5 teams worse than us.

So what are you expecting this year? Greater than or less than 36%? And when you say the Cavs are going to "suck", how many wins does that equate to?

About 14. A winning percentage right around 22%. Yes, we won 9 out of our last 25, but we also won 0 out of 26 for a stretch there too. And as I said, our point differential was an awful -9.

I think we have some better pieces, but I don't think we are much better as a team, especially because we should be selling Sessions, AV, and Jamo (and anyone else really) ASAP.

JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Demeatloaf wrote:
Orenthal wrote:I see no reason for the Cavaliers to even feign interest in Parker. I don't think it becomes a concern as he prolly signs with the Celtics.

The fact that re-signing him is a "priority" scares the shit out of me.

1.)They think they need to look like they aren't standing pat.
2.)They really are interested.

:pb: ::doh::
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:04 pm

Pray for the Kings to put it together in a short season and sneak into the playoffs. Cousins and Reke explode. Hell, they got Jimmer and John Salmons too!
Orenthal

Unread postby JJN » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:39 am

Salmons is a chump. That said, if they can retain Thorton and snag another decent free agent, that team could be very dangerous. Thorton, Reke, Jimmer, Cousins, Jason Thompson, Hickson is a lot of firepower if they can figure out how to share the ball. I can only see two of the West's playoff teams falling out this year (Denver and New Orleans), and I'm not sure that the Kings can overstep Houston and the Clippers for one of those spots. As much as I wish they could eek in, I just don't see us getting that pick until 2014 at the earliest.
JJN

Unread postby Prosecutor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:31 am

So what are you expecting this year? Greater than or less than 36%? And when you say the Cavs are going to "suck", how many wins does that equate to?

About 14. A winning percentage right around 22%. Yes, we won 9 out of our last 25, but we also won 0 out of 26 for a stretch there too. And as I said, our point differential was an awful -9.

I think we have some better pieces, but I don't think we are much better as a team, especially because we should be selling Sessions, AV, and Jamo (and anyone else really) ASAP.

Well, that last statement is the key. It's premature to talk about how the Cavs will do this year when we don't know who they're getting rid of, if anyone.

I checked the boxscores and the Cavs' record was 6-9 in games Baron Davis played in. When Davis started, the Cavs were 4-5, with the wins coming over Toronto (22-60), Detroit (30-52), Charlotte (34-48), and Miami (58-24). Like Peeker said, adding a competent veteran point guard made a huge difference.

At least we agree that the Cavs will be better than last year, but again, how does a 13-69 team get the #1 and #4 overall picks in the draft and not improve? You think their winning percentage will go from 16% to 22%. I'm more optimistic because I'm starting with the team that finished the season. If the Cavs amnesty Davis and trade Jamo or AV, then my whole argument goes down the tubes. And I think they should amnesty Davis and trade Jamo.

I can't prove it, but I think getting rid of Mo Williams helped a lot. Worst defensive guard I've seen in a long time. Replacing Mo with Davis improved the team tremendously. They immediately went from a team that couldn't beat anybody, literally, to a team that won 40% of their games.

The 0-26 team (with Mo, Moon, Hickson and no BD) and the 6-9 team (with Davis) were two very different teams. My assumption is that we're starting with the 6-9 team (40% wins) and adding Varajao, Jamison, Irving, and Thompson, then replacing Hickson with Casspi. That doesn't add up to a 22% win team, at least not to my thinking.

By the way, last year the Cavs played 36% of their games against the West. This year it drops to 27%. The Cavs were 4-26 against the West last year (.133) and 15-33 against the East (.288). They won more than twice as often against Eastern Conference teams. Playing fewer games against the West will help them a little this year.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:48 pm

Prosecutor wrote:

Well, that last statement is the key. It's premature to talk about how the Cavs will do this year when we don't know who they're getting rid of, if anyone.

I checked the boxscores and the Cavs' record was 6-9 in games Baron Davis played in. When Davis started, the Cavs were 4-5, with the wins coming over Toronto (22-60), Detroit (30-52), Charlotte (34-48), and Miami (58-24). Like Peeker said, adding a competent veteran point guard made a huge difference.

At least we agree that the Cavs will be better than last year, but again, how does a 13-69 team get the #1 and #4 overall picks in the draft and not improve? You think their winning percentage will go from 16% to 22%. I'm more optimistic because I'm starting with the team that finished the season. If the Cavs amnesty Davis and trade Jamo or AV, then my whole argument goes down the tubes. And I think they should amnesty Davis and trade Jamo.

I can't prove it, but I think getting rid of Mo Williams helped a lot. Worst defensive guard I've seen in a long time. Replacing Mo with Davis improved the team tremendously. They immediately went from a team that couldn't beat anybody, literally, to a team that won 40% of their games.

The 0-26 team (with Mo, Moon, Hickson and no BD) and the 6-9 team (with Davis) were two very different teams. My assumption is that we're starting with the 6-9 team (40% wins) and adding Varajao, Jamison, Irving, and Thompson, then replacing Hickson with Casspi. That doesn't add up to a 22% win team, at least not to my thinking.

By the way, last year the Cavs played 36% of their games against the West. This year it drops to 27%. The Cavs were 4-26 against the West last year (.133) and 15-33 against the East (.288). They won more than twice as often against Eastern Conference teams. Playing fewer games against the West will help them a little this year.

Mo Williams the worst defensive guard you've seen in a long time?

He wasn't even the worst defensive point guard on his own team.

Were you asleep when Ramon Sessions was out there?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Can we merge this forum with the Tebow thread?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:32 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Can we merge this forum with the Tebow thread?

What are your predictions in the Howard/CP3 sagas? The only realistic trading partners I see for them are the Lakers and maybe the Bulls for Howard. I know the Lakers want both but I don't see Bynum/Odom/Gasol/etc being enough to spread over 2 deals. The Clippers have the ammo too I suppose, but I'll believe an extension with them when I see it. And as dumb as the Magic front office is, I don't see them taking Brook Lopez and crappy picks.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Oh yeah, great idea to save this dead ass forum....

Bring up THAT soap opera.

I bet you watch the Browns for fun too.

Christ.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:30 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Oh yeah, great idea to save this dead ass forum....

Bring up THAT soap opera.

I bet you watch the Browns for fun too.

Christ.

Hahaha, was just looking for your opinion since it's about to shape the league for the next 5 years. Email might have been a better option.
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:14 pm

The League will be better off if CP3 goes to LAC for sure (assuming they could actually get him to reup).

Golden State is fifty fifty, same with Boston.

He goes any of those three places I'm happy and all basketball fans should be too. Guy's spent his entire career playing for George Shinn and David Stern on teams that were just okay at best. Time to move on.

Dwight Howard needs to leave Orlando for the same reason LBJ needed to leave Cleveland. He's going nowhere stuck on a capped out team with a shitty roster and Ferry and Smith both capped out and blew it up.

Only thing with Dewey is he won't go to the Clippers due to the fact that him and Blake won't play well together.

Both need to and should move. The sooner the better because I can't take much more hearing about it. CP3 could be done as soon as Friday.

Oh and CP3 + Monta = WOOOHOO
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Heard Cavs were thinking about bringing in Tebow after football season.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:17 pm

How would CP3 affect Mo Williams? Does he become a spot up shooter again?
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:20 pm

I'd amnesty that bitch.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Not so fast. I looked at the boxscore in games played by the Clippers when Mo Williams was in the lineup and they were 11-10 that equates to .524 winning percentage. In a 66 game season that is 35 wins (rounding up). Also in games won by the Clippers Mo Williams had a statistically significant significance. IOW as goes Mo Williams goes LAC.

Just food for thought, as we don't know the assets that will be given up. Unintended consequences and all. YMMV

Some takes should just go R. Budd Dwyer.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:57 pm

I hate you.

RIP TCF CAVS FORUM, WE HAD REAL TIMES
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:03 pm

;-) ;) :wink:
Orenthal

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:19 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The League will be better off if CP3 goes to LAC for sure (assuming they could actually get him to reup).

Golden State is fifty fifty, same with Boston.

He goes any of those three places I'm happy and all basketball fans should be too. Guy's spent his entire career playing for George Shinn and David Stern on teams that were just okay at best. Time to move on.

Dwight Howard needs to leave Orlando for the same reason LBJ needed to leave Cleveland. He's going nowhere stuck on a capped out team with a shitty roster and Ferry and Smith both capped out and blew it up.

Only thing with Dewey is he won't go to the Clippers due to the fact that him and Blake won't play well together.

Both need to and should move. The sooner the better because I can't take much more hearing about it. CP3 could be done as soon as Friday.

Oh and CP3 + Monta = WOOOHOO

Agree on LAC from a basketball perspective but going from Shinn/Stern to Sterling is a lateral move in a sea of cheapness. Who would GS trade? Ellis and CP3 would make Paul Westhead blush, that would be fun.
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:21 pm

GS is offering Steph Curry and Klay, a real nice package to be honest. Like real effin nice.

And Paul Westhead? Mark Jackson is coaching the the Dubs.

HAND DOWN MAN DOWN

CP3 wants the dubs to sign Chandler if they grab him...... same with the Clippers who would be building the package around Jordan.

And Sterling or no Sterling, CP3 + Gordan + Blake would be amazing.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:33 pm

And the best part of this story, no one wants the shit the Knicks have to trade or the injury risk that is Bynum:

Mike_Bresnahan Mike Bresnahan
Lakers had "cursory" talks today w/ ORL about Dwight Howard, The Times has learned. Translation: Unproductive. No trade proposals exchanged.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:12 am

Orenthal wrote:Not so fast. I looked at the boxscore in games played by the Clippers when Mo Williams was in the lineup and they were 11-10 that equates to .524 winning percentage. In a 66 game season that is 35 wins (rounding up). Also in games won by the Clippers Mo Williams had a statistically significant significance. IOW as goes Mo Williams goes LAC.

Just food for thought, as we don't know the assets that will be given up. Unintended consequences and all. YMMV

Just when I think you're the biggest tool box on the boards (well, not really, but whatev..) you go and TOTALLY redeem yourself with the Mo Williams line and the statistics to back it up.

I appreciate quality. And you staying out of the OWS thread... :hide:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:14 am

Dammit- I thought this labor agreement meant that guys like CP3 and Dwight would surely be headed to Minnesota, Indiana, Milwaukee and Utah.

How can this happen after that principled stand the owners too? Is San Francisco a significantly smaller market that half of LA? I need to know who to root for in this battle of underdogs.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:19 am

e0y2e3 wrote:And Sterling or no Sterling, CP3 + Gordan + Blake would be amazing.

I had to double-check the trade rumors to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Great googly moogly, I'd pay for NBA Ticket just to see those Clips every night.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:37 am

peeker643 wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Not so fast. I looked at the boxscore in games played by the Clippers when Mo Williams was in the lineup and they were 11-10 that equates to .524 winning percentage. In a 66 game season that is 35 wins (rounding up). Also in games won by the Clippers Mo Williams had a statistically significant significance. IOW as goes Mo Williams goes LAC.

Just when I think you're the biggest tool box on the boards (well, not really, but whatev..) you go and TOTALLY redeem yourself with the Mo Williams line and the statistics to back it up.

Peeks your constant need to belittle me, mostly deserved, has caused this post to fly over your head. e0 understands what I'm doing thar. Just the mention of analyzing thru box scores and the extrapolatin should give it away...
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:40 am

CP3 has been stuck in NBA hell for his entire career. His stay in NO makes KG's in Minny seem pleasant.
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:44 am

Orenthal wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Peeks your constant need to belittle me, mostly deserved, has caused this post to fly over your head. e0 understands what I'm doing thar. Just the mention of analyzing thru box scores and the extrapolatin should give it away...

Dude- I know what you're doing. I was being genuine with my pride at your post.

It was tremendous. It gave me a father's pride. ;-) ;) :wink:

And I don't have a 'constant' need to belittle you. More like an oft-present nagging itch to belittle you.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:50 am

Orenthal wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

This OJ post is like rain on your wedding day.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:53 am

peeker643 wrote:
Orenthal wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Dude- I know what you're doing. I was being genuine with my pride at your post.

It was tremendous. It gave me a father's pride. ;-) ;) :wink:

And I don't have a 'constant' need to belittle you. More like an oft-present nagging itch to belittle you.

My initial post included a "it may be going over my head". I suck.

ETA Holy Jesus reading the post for comprehension really displays that I need to go hold a press conference.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:58 am

Ya know its contentious times like this, with OWS, every non e0 NBA take, and the horrible Republican canidates, that friends should get together to repair frazzled relationships. I see no better way to get JB, Peeks, jfiling, FUDU, e0, mother, CDT, PROS and myself together then watching the first screening of New Years Eve.

WHAT A CAST!
Orenthal

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:04 am

Orenthal wrote:CP3 has been stuck in NBA hell for his entire career. His stay in NO makes KG's in Minny seem pleasant.

Why do you say that? You make it sound like Chris Paul has played on a cellar dwelling team his whole career.

Not sure if this is accurate, but here goes: 38-44, 39-43, 56-26, 49-33, 37-45, 46-36 have been the Hornets' seasons with Chris Paul. That is not toiling in sucktitude on a yearly basis.

KG "suffered" through seasons of 26-56, 40-42, 45-37, 50-32, 47-35, 50-32, 51-31, 58-24, 44-38, 33-49, 32-50.

These soon to be free agents irritate me greatly. Just have to understand that it is business but I don't feel sorry for Chris Paul for the team he is on currently and didn't feel sorry for Garnett when he was wallowing with the Twolves.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 am

fundamentals wrote:
Orenthal wrote:CP3 has been stuck in NBA hell for his entire career. His stay in NO makes KG's in Minny seem pleasant.

Why do you say that? You make it sound like Chris Paul has played on a cellar dwelling team his whole career.

Not sure if this is accurate, but here goes: 38-44, 39-43, 56-26, 49-33, 37-45, 46-36 have been the Hornets' seasons with Chris Paul. That is not toiling in sucktitude on a yearly basis.

KG "suffered" through seasons of 26-56, 40-42, 45-37, 50-32, 47-35, 50-32, 51-31, 58-24, 44-38, 33-49, 32-50.

These soon to be free agents irritate me greatly. Just have to understand that it is business but I don't feel sorry for Chris Paul for the team he is on currently and didn't feel sorry for Garnett when he was wallowing with the Twolves.

Win-loss records are but one piece of the equation. Like any employee you have to look at the direction of management and ownership when making decisions on your long term obligations. Shinn had his team taken away from him...

IMO if it wasn't for the sillyness of LeBron and Anthony the tune would be different. This is now part spoiled star athlete and part pro-active management. Teams are making sure to move these guys before they get LeBron'd. It is self fulfilling.

The chorus should be singing the lines they did when KG was traded outta Minny. It would be, "Finally", over and over again.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:44 am

George Shinn is essentially Donald Sterling but broke.

He made two fanbases hate him and lost his team to the league.

And the best three players CP3 has played with are.... Chandler (one healthy year), D-West (solid) and.... Ariza/Okafur????

Yeah.

He wasn't doing it all himself.

That team and organization is a joke.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Orenthal wrote:Ya know its contentious times like this, with OWS, every non e0 NBA take, and the horrible Republican canidates, that friends should get together to repair frazzled relationships. I see no better way to get JB, Peeks, jfiling, FUDU, e0, mother, CDT, PROS and myself together then watching the first screening of New Years Eve.

WHAT A CAST!

Excellent bridge-building idea for the holidays. Maybe we can all do it down in CDT's neck of the woods and kick it off with dinner at Schmidt's Sausage Haus.

It just seems appropriate.

But I don't want FUDU there. Some things I'm just not willing to endure twice and one of those is watching FUDU eat.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Since you have historical perspective I defer to your judgement. FUDU is only invited to the movie. Who said segregation doesn't work.

On Shinn, guy ruined teams well before Chris Paul. He killed the Golden Goose in Charlotte. Intimidates employees he doesn't pay and much much more. I just can't get upset about Chris Paul being liberated, no matter what team ponies up the assets it takes to get his services.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:23 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:That team and organization is a joke.

Saddest part is Bob Bass is the only reason (well Katrina too) Shinn wasn't taken to the razor sooner. It doesn't take much to see how he rescued that franchise from Shinn's ineptitude multiple times.
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Looks like one of the Cavs won't be back for long:

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Cavs expected to use new amnesty rule on PG Baron Davis once the new CBA is official, source tells @YahooSports. Until then, BD in Cavs camp

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:17 pm

And, of course:

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
Heat in a tough spot financially but sources say the team is hoping that if amnestied Billups will push to play in Miami.
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
With Tyson Chandler on the verge of signing w/NY, Miami is looking into ways of acquiring Chauncey Billups, league sources tell SI.

:lmfao:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:14 pm

peeker643 wrote:Looks like one of the Cavs won't be back for long:

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Cavs expected to use new amnesty rule on PG Baron Davis once the new CBA is official, source tells @YahooSports. Until then, BD in Cavs camp

Still makes zero sense for mid-market Cleveland since cap space is meaningless and we still pay his salary. There are no lux tax issues, and you'd have to think he has more value as a tradable asset. Then again maybe Chris Grant is following the e0 model and deciding to just create enough space for sooper team Cleveland since Jamo is off the books next year we'd only have $15ish committed and $8.4 of that is Andy (does not include Irving or Thompson, and involves not picking up Gibsons option).

Cavaliers trying to be players in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, BUT WHO COMES WITH HIM!

or they will just sign fluff to meet the salary floor. WOOHOO I'M EXCITED. :pb:
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Two proofs from today. NBA GM's and Owners remain complete retards and mid markets are still, and perhaps even more, fucked by this CBA (least short term).

Thanks owners. I totally bought the competitive balance bs.
Orenthal

Unread postby pup » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:55 am

Anyone know when the trade exemption now expires?

Will we use it?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:59 am

pup wrote:Anyone know when the trade exemption now expires?

Will we use it?

Unless Grant is some kind of Houdini I've given up trying to figure out what they are doing.
Orenthal

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:38 pm

Orenthal wrote:Two proofs from today. NBA GM's and Owners remain complete retards and mid markets are still, and perhaps even more, fucked by this CBA (least short term).

Thanks owners. I totally bought the competitive balance bs.

Saw a quote somewhere on twitter either yesterday or today where Grant said they expect they'll have 9 days to use it. I doubt anything comes of it though.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:57 pm

Since everyone else hates it e0's a lock to join us for a showing...
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/new_years_eve_2011/
Orenthal

Unread postby JJN » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Larry Coon is reporting we have until Dec. 16th to use the TPE.

Also, we waived Joey Graham/
JJN

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Tell you what OJ, you show up in a white mid 90's Bronco and the movie and drinks are on me.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Closest I have is a 1979 Coupe DeVille, and that's not very close...
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:12 pm

Orenthal wrote:Closest I have is a 1979 Coupe DeVille, and that's not very close...

...and you ridicule me for owning a 1969 Dart.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA