Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Tom Reed - New PD Beat Hire

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Tom Reed - New PD Beat Hire

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:44 am

I like the guy a lot already. Don’t for a second expect a guy coming from hockey to know the ins and outs of the on the court game at a level like a Windy but thus far he is following all the major players on Twitter and reading them all. He’s attentive, he’s slipped things I’ve said to him into blogs after researching to verify on his own, and he just seems to genuinely want to produce a solid product.

Guy was a high upside hire by the PD and one that I’m pretty damn happy w/ thus far. It feels weird to see the PDCavsInsider Twitter account actually useful again.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Tom Reed - New PD Beat Hire

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:11 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I like the guy a lot already. Don’t for a second expect a guy coming from hockey to know the ins and outs of the on the court game at a level like a Windy but thus far he is following all the major players on Twitter and reading them all. He’s attentive, he’s slipped things I’ve said to him into blogs after researching to verify on his own, and he just seems to genuinely want to produce a solid product.

Guy was a high upside hire by the PD and one that I’m pretty damn happy w/ thus far. It feels weird to see the PDCavsInsider Twitter account actually useful again.

Couldn't have said it better. As I mentioned in the hockey boards, Tom was easily the best guy covering the Blue Jackets for years. Never a shill, was more in tune to things outside of Columbus, and simply a very good writer. Its great to have him up here considering he is originally from NEO. The best part is as you said, he's following everyone on Twitter and contributing there a lot just as he did down in Columbus.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:34 pm

Been a long time since I read a guy affiliated with the PeeDee/local, who actually said he didn't know, but would research and get the answer.

Glad you got his background as I was wondering why the twitter feed became slightly useful and was retweeting some of the major players. Saw his tweet, and e0 reminded me, that he will have an NHL hard cap background in the pape Sunday. As someone who is just connected enough to the information flow to get most things wrong, this should be a good read.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:15 am

I guess Mary Boyer spent countless hours and days training him and teaching him everything there is to know about the NBA. :hic:

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:13 pm

"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Orenthal wrote:http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2011/09/nba_players_and_owners_should.html

Read that on the shitter this morning. So far so good. Nice article. I'm on board with Tom Reed.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA