Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Man, The Raptors Looked Pissed

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Man, The Raptors Looked Pissed

Unread postby swerb » Tue May 01, 2007 7:32 pm

These guys have come out all guns blazin' tonight. Moving Bargnani to the starting lineup has provided the desired spark. I like this kid. 13 points already with 3 minutes left in the 1Q. 25-11 Toronto.

The Raptors have a good young core of TJ Ford, Chris Bosh, Bargnani, Anthony Parker, and Juan Calderon. Coach of the year in Sam Mitchell. And the games best young GM in Bryan Colangelo. This is a team thats going to be heard from in future seasons, and a team the Cavs could run into in the playoffs every year.

And I agree with Hnat from the other day ... Steve Kerr and Marv Albert a joy to listen to when calling a game. Marv is a legend, still in his prime. And Kerr is simply the best damn color man in pro hoops anymore.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby mswerb » Tue May 01, 2007 8:53 pm

Servin' up a beatdown, and the fans are really into it. Riding on my boy Vince every time he touches the ball.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby pup » Tue May 01, 2007 10:03 pm

Good work Raptors!

And Sam Mitchell might be coach of the year, but he will be shitcanned after game 6.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Tue May 01, 2007 10:05 pm

Great game. Raptors hang on for dear life to get it to a game six.

Vince Carter can't get his shot off in the final seconds. And those Toronto fans ... no short memories there. They were all over him all game.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Re: Man, The Raptors Looked Pissed

Unread postby sandlot33 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:29 pm

Swerb wrote:The Raptors have a good young core of TJ Ford, Chris Bosh, Bargnani, Anthony Parker, and Juan Calderon.

dudes name is jose
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby consigliere » Tue May 01, 2007 10:34 pm

I may be the only one who thinks this series going 6-7 games is a bad thing. To me, I'd rather have the Nets sitting around like us for 4-5 days for the start of the next series. They won't be tired if they go 6-7 games. They'll actually be more prepared and big-game ready.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby swerb » Wed May 02, 2007 7:55 am

Raptors win was key for the Cavs last night.

Windhorst is reporting this morning that regardless of who wins the series, they will have now just one day of rest, which will include a flight to Cleveland.

Nets win Friday night, game one is Sunday at the Q. If the game goes to a game seven on Sunday? Game one Tues night at The Q.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 02, 2007 8:05 am

Swerb wrote:Raptors win was key for the Cavs last night.

Windhorst is reporting this morning that regardless of who wins the series, they will have now just one day of rest, which will include a flight to Cleveland.

I don't get how this makes them tired. Look, they play every 2-3 days. Whether the Nets go 6 or 7 games, I am still very concerned about them in Game 1. I'd rather they were off like us and had won last night.

Now, the Raptors are another story....if they have to expend so much energy to come back and win three in a row including a game 7, then I could maybe see your point.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby swerb » Wed May 02, 2007 8:42 am

Im not saying they're gonna come into game one sucking wind ... but if they would have won last night, they would have had three full off days before game one in Cleveland.

Instead, they'll have to play at least one, maybe two more emotionally charged physical ball games, and fly on their one off day.

Does it mean the Cavs are going to win game one by 20? Of course not. Does it help? Without a doubt.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Wed May 02, 2007 9:11 am

Maybe more important than being tired, it gives the Nets less time to look at what the Cavs have done over the past few weeks and prepare. They have to stay focused on Toronto whereas the Cavs can prepare for both Toronto and New Jersey.

The rest could be a good thing or bad thing in game one, but I think it tends to work out in our favor as the series progresses.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby swerb » Wed May 02, 2007 10:44 am

Thats a good point Mac. It helps maybe in game 6 more than it does in game one.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA