Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

NBA FINALS

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: NBA FINALS

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:30 pm

So yeah, neither Barea or Peja can hit the blind side of the barn and are missing more open looks than they missed against the other elite D they faced.

One of those two had to step up and make open looks. Barea's playing time was limited because of the size of Andre Miller and no Peja's is limited because of his game.

Either way, my eyes still tell me that the threat from the outside was enought to stop Dallas from eliminating the entire inside game like they did game 3 in the Portland series (as do the off eff numbers).

And again, we're talking about WIDE OPEN 3's here. Dallas has won all year by out executing on offense and spreading the floor. It's the way of a team without anyone that can drive to the rack.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:33 pm

I think there are valid points from all sides on this, yeah Dallas is pretty much shooting as they have this post season, but as eye mentioned the numbers alone don't give any insight into open looks v. not so open looks, AND Miami's D is having an effect at some point on some of these shots.

Factor in game circumstances and shot/game clocks and you have reasons why shots do not always go in when you think they would otherwise.

Dallas really just needs to try to get more complete drives, or shots for Dirk in his wheel house instead of settling for so many abbreviated drives and kick outs.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Agree on the 'eye test' issue.

Barreas seems to have gotten loose in the paint numerous times and simply missd on good looks. Is that influenced by the Miami D in terms of his rushing shots or looking for help defenders? Probably. But he's simply missed wide open looks from beyond the arc and in the paint.

Very small margin for error. Dallas can't survive that with Barrea and their other shooters not dropping some shots. They've had multiple good looks despite the fact that Miami does bring it defensively.

YMMV.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:50 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And again, we're talking about WIDE OPEN 3's here. Dallas has won all year by out executing on offense and spreading the floor. It's the way of a team without anyone that can drive to the rack.

Stephenson's shooting better from 3 against Miami than he did against Portland.
Dirk's shooting a little better from 3 against Miami than he did against Portland.
Kidd's shooting a little better from 3 against Miami than he did against Portland.
Terry's shooting about the same from 3 against Miami as he did against Portland.
Barea's shooting about the same from 3 against Miami as he did against Portland.

But Dallas' problem is that in the 8.7 minutes/game he's been on the floor in this series, Peja's missed all four of his 3s (ALL FOUR!!! CHOKER!!!), which has apparently killed the Mavericks' spacing and offense through three games.

I sigh at you.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 pm

That isn't the problem (and Kidd single handily won Dallas a game from 3 in the Portland series so be real easy there).

The problem is that NONE OF THE BIG THREE BENCH SHOOTERS IS DROPPING THE THREE BALL WHEN WIDE OPEN.

Dallas' TEAM is BUILT to succeed according to THEM DROPPING WIDE OPEN LOOKS. It is the entire way the damn team is built.

I don't give two shits about Stevenson's two attempts a game. Nor do I think it is a good thing that Dirk has been forced to take more threes than he should be because the bench can't make any. And Kidd is always going to be up and down, he'll reach his water mark in this series as well. Peja has been shooting airballs and isn't going to get off the bench looking as terrible as he is and Barea has gone from missing floaters and threes in game 1 to missing just wide open 3s in game 2.

This Dallas team is 100% reliant on being able to berate teams with bench offense.

Would you care to go to hoopdata.com and look at the offensive eff numbers from the two series (hint: sort by team, Por then Dallas). Look at the eFG as well. They tell a pretty damn loud story. And again Miami didn't even really care about Barea outside Sunday he was so cold. This meant no oops to Chandler, No Marion back-doors, etc.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:58 pm

"I think they do a good job on our shooters," Dirk Nowitzki said. "I think our ability to spread the floor and shoot is a big reason why we made it to the Finals, to really spread the ball around and shoot and make timely and big shots. But for some reason, they're so long and athletic on the perimeter that they're able to swarm me and my post-ups, and when we swing, they're still athletic and quick enough to get to our shooters on the weak side and run them off or at least contest them."

"They're running everybody off the 3-point line as quick as they can," Barea said. "When you get to the paint, there's always somebody there. We've just got to keep playing. We've got to keep moving the ball, see what happens."

Everyone else has to make shots. And if not making shots, make plays. The Mavericks have been so thrown off when they're not allowed to catch and shoot. They'll have to accept the fact that those open looks won't be there and do something about it.

"We've got to do a better job of realizing you don't have to rush it," Terry said. "There's still time on the clock, maybe you can exhaust all of the opportunities, maybe put the ball on the ground one or two times."

Nope. Heat defense is not in anyone's head. And they feel no pressure to get open shots off because of the way they recover.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:58 pm

And to make this real fucking simple:

If Miami is going to use James to take Terry away late in the fourth quarters of games one of Barea or Peja is going to have to make wide open looks to keep the floor spaced. Miami is using their best defender on freaking Terry. Have to punish them by making open looks, something Dallas relied on all season and playoffs.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:00 pm

pup wrote:
"I think they do a good job on our shooters," Dirk Nowitzki said. "I think our ability to spread the floor and shoot is a big reason why we made it to the Finals, to really spread the ball around and shoot and make timely and big shots. But for some reason, they're so long and athletic on the perimeter that they're able to swarm me and my post-ups, and when we swing, they're still athletic and quick enough to get to our shooters on the weak side and run them off or at least contest them."

"They're running everybody off the 3-point line as quick as they can," Barea said. "When you get to the paint, there's always somebody there. We've just got to keep playing. We've got to keep moving the ball, see what happens."

Everyone else has to make shots. And if not making shots, make plays. The Mavericks have been so thrown off when they're not allowed to catch and shoot. They'll have to accept the fact that those open looks won't be there and do something about it.

"We've got to do a better job of realizing you don't have to rush it," Terry said. "There's still time on the clock, maybe you can exhaust all of the opportunities, maybe put the ball on the ground one or two times."

Nope. Heat defense is not in anyone's head. And they feel no pressure to get open shots off because of the way they recover.

Yes, Terry has rushed contested threes more than once. Yes they have prevented open looks. This has no impact on my point. None at all.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:04 pm

And if you want to play the quote game, feel free to go grab the many from Dirk about missing wide open looks and him singling out Barea.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:09 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:And again, we're talking about WIDE OPEN 3's here. Dallas has won all year by out executing on offense and spreading the floor. It's the way of a team without anyone that can drive to the rack.

Stephenson's shooting better from 3 against Miami than he did against Portland.
Dirk's shooting a little better from 3 against Miami than he did against Portland.
Kidd's shooting a little better from 3 against Miami than he did against Portland.
Terry's shooting about the same from 3 against Miami as he did against Portland.
Barea's shooting about the same from 3 against Miami as he did against Portland.

But Dallas' problem is that in the 8.7 minutes/game he's been on the floor in this series, Peja's missed all four of his 3s (ALL FOUR!!! CHOKER!!!), which has apparently killed the Mavericks' spacing and offense through three games.

I sigh at you.

Peja presents the opportunity cost of having something resembling defense on the floor. Those 8.7 count when he is giving up points on defense AND not hitting wide open looks. Also ffs Peja has been in the league forever and has been an elite player (All-NBA 2nd Team he should be making wide open looks regardless of Miami late closeout.

ETA
My only point is I want Peja off the floor unless they have a large lead. The rest of this is typical Message Board mostly agreement, but hissy fit over the semantics. "Agree with the way I SAY IT!"
Last edited by Orenthal on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:09 pm

The problem is that NONE OF THE BIG THREE BENCH SHOOTERS IS DROPPING THE THREE BALL WHEN WIDE OPEN.

Two of the three bench shooters are making 3s essentially at the same rate against Miami as they did against Portland. The other one is barely playing.

If you're saying the problem is that, in this series, they're making the 3s they make when they're covered and missing the ones they miss when they're wide open...that's weird of you.

I don't give two shits about Stevenson's two attempts a game

It's 3, actually. To Barea's 2.7, FTR.

Would you care to go to hoopdata.com...

No.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Holy fucking christ bow, it is like I am talking over you.

1) if you don't go look at the off eff numbers and if you didn't watch the games you are speaking out your ass

2) Peja was making the three against Portland, so he played. That is a really fucking simple point to grasp. Make 3, play, miss 3 and suck on D, sit. He has looked miserable on both ends of the floor this series when given even a few minutes, so he sits. Barea also was guarded by far bigger and better PGs in Portland that limited him. Here he is lining up against Miami's worst defenders (actually one of the worst in the entire NBA) and a slightly above average defender. If neither of these guys can hit open looks they are either useless and going to sit and going to take away Dallas' bench advantage or going to make you cringe every time they are standing wide open and hitting air (Barea). Peja and Barea are 1-12 from three and almost all of those looks have come with no one within 10 feet of them. That is the series.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 pm

John Salmons would look good in a Mavs jersey right now...

:hide:
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby pup » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Moved along to the stage where nobody else can comprehend what e0 is saying.

We get what you are saying. You don't care what we are saying. Big difference.

Good defenses (since now I have to include them shooting poorly against Portland) results in players missing more shots. Even wide open ones. Jeez. Where have I heard that before?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Yeah, I just quit.

End of game 3 from Dirk "We missed wide open looks down the stretch, especially J.J."

Pup and Bow: "HE HEARD MARIO CHALMERS FOOTSTEPS!!!!!"
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:33 pm

PS: 2-9 from three by those guys isn't just missing more shots, it is miserable. Especially when a majority of those shots (and none of the makes) came down the stretch in the fourth.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:37 pm

pup wrote:Moved along to the stage where nobody else can comprehend what e0 is saying.

We get what you are saying. You don't care what we are saying. Big difference.

Good defenses (since now I have to include them shooting poorly against Portland) results in players missing more shots. Even wide open ones. Jeez. Where have I heard that before?

Peja shot lights out against Portland.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:43 pm

I watched Game 3!!!

Remember when you told me I was blowing a few early drives from Wade & LBJ out of proportion when impugning the Mavs' defense?

Seems to me that's exactly what you're doing with these missed open threes. They're frustrating to watch, they make a deeper impression on the memory than other misses, and they invite you to blow them way the F out of proportion as I think you've done for the last two days.

Because the fact is that Dallas is hitting threes at a remarkably similar rate & frequency against Miami as they did against the other great defensive team you so kindly provided(!). They're taking the same number, they're making the same number. There's absolutely no reason why their outside shooting in this series should be impacting the spacing & flow of their offense any more than it did against Portland.

They aren't losing because Peja's 0-1 from 3 in his combined 11 minutes of play over the last two games. They're losing because Miami's better. Miami's making everything they do on offense difficult, and Miami's able to get their points when they need them without a whole lot of resistance. And the Mavericks are going to keep losing, IMO, unless they're able to up their intensity on defense and in doing so close what appears to me to be the greatest disparity between the two teams in this series--that, and/or make some drastic changes with Dirk's minutes.

The End.
Last edited by HoodooMan on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:52 pm

I just think you fundamentally don't understand Dallas as a team, because without the bench winning the night they lose to anyone.

Well, Dirk agree with me and not you.

I'm just done with this.

Shots down the stretch are what matters, as is D down the stretch. Miami is giving up open looks and not making Dallas work for them down the stretch (especially in game 3). Dallas didn't capitalize.

That is what my eyes tell me.

And the Off Eff numbers back up my story about the entire series.

If no one on Dallas bench is making open threes down the stretch they lose and Peja is so fucking cold they couldn't even chance bringing him in there and play offense/defense. You also don't think that matters, but whatever.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:19 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I just think you fundamentally don't understand Dallas as a team, because without the bench winning the night they lose to anyone.

Again. We just cannot comprehend. You are the best.

There is no question they are missing three point shots. The question is why. I say because the Heat defense (and Portland's previously) makes them miss, even when they are not actually in their jerseys. You say it is because they are choking.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:48 pm

I am not surprised that the same poster who fluffed the NBA playoffs as the best example of competitiveness is also having a hard time accepting that the best team by far in said playoffs - and likely the best team in the near future playoffs as well - is also the team starting Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony while living and dying off of the ISO.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:00 pm

Chalmers has made his wide open 3's... Even the one with his foot on the half-court line...

Dallas up 2-1 we were robbed.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Where is stats guy for Miami's 3pt defense for the playoffs up to these finals??? Hint!!!!!! they are bad...

Memory don't fail me...
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Sixers: Reg Season - 31.5%, 15 attempts; Playoffs v. Heat - 39%, 16.4 Attempts
Celtics: Reg Season - 35.5%, 13.6 attempts; Playoffs v. Heat - 46.4%, 16.5 Attempts
Bulls: Reg Season - 36.1%, 17.1 attempts; Playoffs v. Heat - 31.3%, 19.4!!!!!!! Attempts
Mavs: Reg Season - 36.5%, 21.5 attempts; Playoffs v. Heat - 38.3%, 20 Attempts

Worth noting: Net Eff difference of only ~ 2pts after three games is insane (Per 100 Poss Off v. Def). Dallas is shooting 5% less on the whole with five less FG attempts per game (slower pace covers the attempts). Barea's game one misses helps no one.

Either way, my point has always been that one of those three has to make threes and if one of them were (PEJA AGAINST PORTLAND) this would be a different series right now. I only think two players have choked, but they have.

Also interesting, the Heat have held the Mavs to 15% lower than average (5-17) on the corner three, which is where Peja and Terry are typically living.

That Dallas defense you were crying about bow has held Miami to 10% lower than average (6-22) in the paint and just below average in the restrictive area while cutting Miami's trips to the FT line to far below normal.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Well, now it is just open layups Barea is choking on
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:49 pm

And Stevenson is not
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Can someone explain to me the point of these rotations? They went from getting guys normal rest, to getting normal guys rest at the expense of all logic.

Cardinal getting minutes, Barea starting, Kidd on the bench too long, to long to get "You can't see me" in... I'm lost.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:56 pm

btw Kidd, "You can't see me", Marion, Dirk, and Chandler is the fucking lineup. Sneak rest very cautiously.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Terry just so helplessly lost on rotations.
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Orenthal wrote:Terry just so helplessly lost on rotations.

Disinterested and lost. He's a turnstile.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 pm

I am at a complete loss as to why Deshawn is on the bench.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:48 pm

What about Wade as a choke? He gonna get the anal exam for missing a throw?

Like a heart attack.

FREAKING CHANDLER IS A MAN.
Orenthal

Unread postby pup » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:48 pm

Screw everything else.

Super impressed with Dallas' toughness. Still losing in 6, but they are so much tougher than I would have ever given them credit for.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:52 pm

Mavs supporting cast shows up like they did tonight in game three and this is a whole different series. Winning that with dead Dirk on the court is effing amazing.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:53 pm

Orenthal wrote:What about Wade as a choke? He gonna get the anal exam for missing a throw?

Like a heart attack.

FREAKING CHANDLER IS A MAN.

Remember when I wanted Chandler and not Shaq?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Chandler "Dirk was wheezing and couldn't even talk in warm-ups without coughing"

And that fever ain't nuttin
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:05 am

^^Yeah I don't think I would have complained about that at all. Though if I did at the time I was retarded.

Shaq doesn't let Wade block him... :-)
Orenthal

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 am

Looks like LeBron died in the moment.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:54 am

StewieG wrote:Looks like LeBron died in the moment.

Not sure if he wasn't dead before the game because during it a total non-factor.
One of Windy's quote on LeBum's performance:

Will be interesting to see the media takes today on Wade. Missed a big free throw and had a turnover late. Had that been MeBron's performance, he's a choker. Wade will get a free pass I would think. I think Mr. Momentum has shifted back to the Nowitzskis. Great series. :pop:
Last edited by fundamentals on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:28 am

Lemme help you with that quote...

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoopmiamiheat/post/_/id/8570/a-new-postseason-low-for-lebron-james
Often he stood in the corner as if the game was still in a television timeout. When Dirk Nowizki drove to the lane to score what turned out to be the biggest basket of the game, James stood a few feet away and watched with that same empty expression. Yes, he was supposed to guard Jason Terry on the play and was supposed to stay within reasonable distance to close out. But James didn’t even move, as though he was frozen in a daze.

the paragraphs that precede this one
But for James, Game 4 enters a new realm because of the way it happened. He lapsed into detachment, which seems like a severe sin for a game of this magnitude. It was eerily like a year ago in that game against the Celtics, an emotion that appeared so out of character that rational people started doing and saying irrational things to try to explain and justify it.

It wasn’t that James didn’t deliver in a clutch moment. That is excusable. It was that he looked like he didn’t even want to be in the moment. For a player of his stature without an injury, that is highly uncharacteristic.

James seemed to want to be away from the ball at times in the fourth quarter. He took one shot in those final 12 minutes. With the Heat desperately trying to hang on to a lead that was slipping away, James didn’t even touch the ball on almost half of the team’s possessions in the quarter.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby pup » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:42 am

Maybe Joel Anthony got wit Gloria?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:36 am

^ don't know if something or someone was in his head last night but as mentioned on Mike and Mike this morning, did you even realize James was on the court last night in the 4th? How is it when he was guarded by Terry/Kidd/Stevenson, he doesn't take them to the post? I know his job is to be the facilitator but when you have that distinct of a size match up, take advantage of it. He looked more like C Webber last night in the fact that he didn't wsnt the ball in his hands for more than 3 seconds and the shot clock running down. He spoke of being more agressive after game 3, yet he hung out on the perimeter most of the night. Is it the minutes he's logging?

People calling it a classic series but how many more open looks are both teams going to miss. Hell that last 5 minutes was just brutal to watch. No one on the floor could hit anything, open or not.

Does Carlisle pull out the zone D earlier in game 5 to maybe keep Mia from building a big lead or trust that his team will make their run in the 4th yet again.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:44 am

It has been a classic series, both teams were obviously beyond gassed for that last five minutes. Could see ten guys on the court trying to find their legs all at once from home. Knew that was going to happen as soon as the game moved at the faster pace in the first quarter.

Although I can't figure out why James was tired.

And he didn't even touch the ball on 8 of 20 4th quarter possessions.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:53 am

pup wrote:Maybe Joel Anthony got wit Gloria?

Why would she aim low? DWade's single.

I couldn't tell ya if it was that, fatigue, LeQuit II: South Beach Boogaloo, or pulling a James Brown act to set up the next two games and walk away with Wade's MVP on Miami's home court. I could believe anything at this point.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:22 am

Not sure about anyone else but as I witnessed (pun intended) the game's last quarter, couldn't help but think back to last year. We shouldn't be shocked at what transpired. He is who we thought he was, again, last night. He's given people ammo. again with regard to the perceived indifference he had. Best player on the planet and he had as many points last night as Samardo Samuels did in quarter four.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:46 am

You wouldn't think it was fatigue based upon on how unassertive he was throughout the previous 3 quarters, and based upon his overall lack luster series esp in the 4th quarters.

I wonder if there isn't a bit of a little rift right now between him and Wade seeing as Wade is getting all of Lebro's attention.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:14 pm

Perhaps Wade going alpha, calling guys out, and setting an example pissed off Bron? What was the dynamic when Wade was struggling? I don't remember LeBron going so hard in practice, staying at the gym, and pushing and calling out his teammates.

^Could all be a load of crap, but when you have those dominant personalities and only 1 ball, 1 hero, guys may do some pretty stupid things. Also Spoelstra is funny giving his Roman General speeches.
Orenthal

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:45 pm

pup wrote:Maybe Joel Anthony got wit Gloria?

My buddy who work down at the eastside wash who spotted Redz with Bron's moms this time last year said he aint seen either of 'em round there since this time last year. He said he thinks it might be over between those two. Says he ain't seen Joel Anthony and momma but also said it wouldn't surprise 'em if he did. Said mommas favorite spot was always over in the quiet corner by the washer/dryer and that he would keep his eye out over there just in case.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:55 am

The best thing about the wash is they got franchises all over this b*tch from Miami all the way to Seattle. My buddy at the eastside wash tells me that he don't like gossip, that these LBJ updates aint none of my business but he thinks this WW Internet has hundreds or even a thousand people on it and it may be one of your concerns. Plus he says him and his boys at the wash can't stand most of these athletes cause they come in with their 22 inch rims and tatts expecting all kinds a free washes, new car scent air freshner and even Armorall just in exchange for a signed picture or jersey but no cash. He says lot's of those guys come wearing blue and gold all the way from Michigan too.

Anyway, even though the wash be closed till 7am he got us an update from one of his Cubana cousins down at the Miami/Little Havana wash. Guess Lebron looked them up when he got down to Miami and needed his ride done up. You should do the same if you value a clean ride and if ever move to a new city. They're the best (except for the LA Wash Branch which you shouldn't go to).

We don't know this guy at the Little Havana wash and he always in trouble with the boss giving him the what for so this information still a bit sketchy and maybe not true at all. He tells my buddy that he thinks 'bron's long-time baba-mamma gonna have herself another kid in a few more months but that 'bron keep comming around with some notta-hottie from American Idol. He says 'bron seemed all defocused before leaving for Texas and that he hears there may be some personal sh*t going on with these ladies and nothing to do with Redz or 'bron's moms.

Still can't vouch for the Cuban cousin story at all even though most Cuban's are good people. IF it true than Pup's guess about 'brons moms isn't right this time round.

IF it is true and bron's got 2 ladies I guess he gonna hafta make hisself a decision this summer in the offseason.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:56 am

A few takes:

1. Orenthal, your avatar is amazing. Nicely done sir. :clap:
2. Yahoofanchicago, I went to babelfish to try and decipher what you typed. I think it talks about LBJ's struggles might be because, again, allegedly, some off the court issues. :gah:
3. Can't wait, cue Bart Scott, for game 5 tonight. :pop:

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA