Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

The Heat's fluke champioship and the NBA playoffs.

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

The Heat's fluke champioship and the NBA playoffs.

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:31 pm

A one and done so to speak?

Let's face it they are not getting younger and were not young last year to begin with, they were kind of built to take a quick one year stab at it, and it worked they won it, props to them. Still don't know how they beat the Pistons.

But it looks as if they could slide back into the NBA mediocrity for a while now.

For those of you saying WTF brings this up, the Bulls are up on them 3-0.

Seriously, their second best player is their oldest and he is one of this new breed of aged veteran athlete that needs extended spring training every season to even show up on the court, and every year it extends further.

Without younger versions of the same veterans they have I cannot see Wade carrying that team to anymore than what LeBron was able to carry in his first two seasons.

How about GS right now, in the series and in game 3?

I am a Cuban and Mavericks guy but I love seeing upsets at the highest level of sports.

Nets up unexpectedly and I like our chances against them in RD 2.
Last edited by FUDU on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:41 pm

Golden State isn't a surprise. They handled Dallas during the season, blowing them out twice. We'll see if they can hold on tonight.

I kind of felt the Bulls would take the series and open 2-0. I though Miami would win tonight though. The Bulls might take out Miami in the next game. Pistons/Bulls should be interesting in Round 2. I'd like the Bulls mainly because we'd get homecourt if we can get to the EC Finals.

Western Conference is interesting this year. Phoenix looks to be the only team that will easily get to Round 2. Kobe and the Lakers balled last night, but I won't believe in them unless they can pull it even at 2-2. Nuggets and Warriors did well to come out and steal homecourt. Now it's a question of holding serve. If both teams can win the games on their own hardwood then the Western Conference will be jumbled up quite nicely.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby StewieG » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:04 am

I had the Mavs in 6, but after watching the first three games, I'm not so sure they can win it in fewer than 7. The Warriors don't really run an offense. It's pretty much mass chaos for them out there. Nellie doesn't adhere to any of the conventional wisdom, and that's been a blessing and a hindrance already for them in this series. But in the first 3 games, it's given the Mavs so many fits, they haven't been able to get into any sort of a rhythm. Even game 2, it was more Golden State losing their cool than anything the Mavs did to win the game. I'm not a believer in the Warriors yet, but I won't be shocked if they do pull it out.

And their fans have been great tonight. Just a fun game to watch.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:13 am

Golden State up by 19 with Four Minutes and change to go. Probably safe to call it.

If the Warriors take the next game in Oakland then it might be over for the Mavs. They could win three in a row, but the Warriors have given them fits.

Going into the series, I didn't think the Warriors would win it. I still don't, though a 3-1 lead would change my mind. Even so, I did think this was the best 1-8 matchup that I can remember in recent memory. With a win tonight, the Warriors will be 5-1 on the season against Dallas. With tonight's looking like a blowout, the Warriors will have won by 10 or more points against the Mavs for four of those wins. It's beginning to not look like a fluke for the Warriors - the Mavs may not have the answers for them.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:28 am

I too was of the thought the Mavericks would win but I did expect two games in which the Warriors would be trouble makers, but I did not expect a game in which GS would dominate from from tip to buzzer.

If Dallas wins game 4 then IMO game 5 is a must win for GS. If GS is down 3-2 I don't think they can regain prior form and pull it off.

I am still loving the way the EC is shaping up, especially if we can take care of business in game 3.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hoover » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:33 pm

If it's Bulls-Pistons next round, they'll wear themselves out. Let's hope for a 7 game series before they face the Cavs. That sets one of them up to be substantially weakened. I like the way things are shaping up for the EC.
Hoover

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA