Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Playoffs thread

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Playoffs thread

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 12, 2011 11:46 am

I can buy both of those POV. IMO, and of course it is just an opinion (<---for Peeker), Wade and LeDouche need each other equally to obtain a title.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu May 12, 2011 1:02 pm

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
Wade in Rd 2: 30 ppg, 7 rpg, 5 apg, 53% FG, maimed Rondo in Game 3, got PP thrown out of Game 1. Now that's a great series.

Does Simmons realize that Rd 2 from player B was: 28 ppg, 8 rpg, 3.6 apg, 47% FG? :hide: I still am waiting for sportsguy's running diary of the last two Celtic games. :pop:

FUDU is right. Those guys need each other and I am warming to the idea that they are the New World Order. Someone posted a long time ago the photoshopped noggins of LBJ, Wade and Bosh in the old wrasslin' video when Hulk Hogan went to the NWO. Will have to look for it again and then hope Durant, Rose, Nowitzki someone can vanquish them.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu May 12, 2011 4:42 pm

FUDU wrote:
Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
Wade in Rd 2: 30 ppg, 7 rpg, 5 apg, 53% FG, maimed Rondo in Game 3, got PP thrown out of Game 1. Now that's a great series.

If Wade re-creates that statline against the Bulls and into the Finals, he damn well deserves the post-season MVP. He also just laid out whose house this is.

Just curious Madre, IYO where was Wade in that final minute +? I never knew Wade did Mo Williams impersonations.

Not trying to be a dick either, just wondering what your thoughts are as to why the alpha dog Wade wasn't in control as the game closed out? Was it Lebron being LeBron (in the I'm doing it my way too bad for everyone else self serving fashion) or something else?

The end of last night's game had nothing to do with any alpha-dog. Unless you want to explain to me how any of those last several plays were deferrable. Who should he have looked for on the two steals?

Wade's city. Wade's team. Lebron's talent (or anyone else's) has nothing to do with it.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Thu May 12, 2011 7:14 pm

As much as we all hate LBJ, I still think the majority of Cavs fans would be okay with him returning to the Cavs if it were within the next couple years.

Not saying that's going to happen, but it's a funny way to look at things.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Really Ratard? LeBron can lick my sack. He is never welcome back on the Cavs, I don't care when it is.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm seriously considering catching a cheap Delta Flight to Atlanta and decapitating that fucking organ player or sound effect fuck that won't stop.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 12, 2011 8:24 pm

"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu May 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Josh Smith is a mohawk away from completing his transformation into Mr. T.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Orenthal wrote:http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/LeBron-James-Dwyane-Wade-Chris-Bosh-Miami-Heat-are-no-match-for-Derrick-Rose-Chicago-Bulls-051211

Whitlock's JB-ing the Bulls. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 12, 2011 10:02 pm

^Perfect call. Love when someone goes against the "narrative". We are just the unwashed Cleveland non-centrists. Holding too much to playa hatin, and just can't be rational, and wash our souls clean. Mean, guy apologized, its over, and Dan Gilbert sunk the Titanic.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 12, 2011 10:16 pm

Chicago up huge.

ECF schedule if this holds up...
Game 1: Sunday, at United Center, 8 p.m., TNT

Game 2: Wednesday at United Center, 8:30 p.m., TNT

Game 3: Sunday May 22 at AmericanAirlines Arena, 8:30 p.m., TNT

Game 4: Tuesday May 24 at AmericanAirlines Arena, 8:30 p.m., TNT

Game 5*: Thursday May 26 at United Center, 8:30 p.m., TNT

Game 6*: Saturday May 28 at AmericanAirlines Arena, 8:30 p.m., TNT

Game 7*: Monday May 30 at United Center, 8:30 p.m., TNT
Orenthal

Unread postby southernflyer » Thu May 12, 2011 11:25 pm

Between the United Center and American Airlines Arena, can we just call the damn thing the battle for O'Hare?
southernflyer

Favorite Player: Face from the A Team
Least Favorite Player: David Delucci

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri May 13, 2011 6:25 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:I know it was just the regular season, but Chicago owned Miami. Noah and Deng aren't chopped liver. And Boozer may have his only favorable match-up of the postseason if Bosh turns out to be the bigger pussy.

I am hoping their success carries over. Boozer played well last night and their ability to share the ball was astounding (I think 35 assists). The Bulls are the #1 seed just sometimes have to remind myself of that and they have some good pieces/parts. Their depth may come into play as Thibodeaux(sp?) plays a bunch of guys. Have to hope his defensive scheming slows down Larry and Daryl and their other brother Daryl. :pop:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby jta1975 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:11 am

Can you use the phrase "crafty lefty" in bball?

Well if you can, that is the perfect phrase for Zach Randolph...

Randolph and Nowitzki the new age McHales...minimal athleticism but can drop 30 on anybody...

Sometimes knuckleheads do grow into those big boy pants.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:33 am

Honestly, at the half I thought it was over. Biggest story of the playoffs, IMO is the fact that Zach Effin Randolph has matured the way he has.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun May 15, 2011 9:58 pm

BIGS BIGS BIGS BIGS BIGS! Can we get back to that thread on how to beat Miami and win in the playoffs? Course doesn't hurt to have the MVP PG, but they are getting killed inside on the offensive glass and 2nd chance.

Their depth means Wade, Bosh, and James are gassed in the 4th.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun May 15, 2011 10:03 pm

I wasted my best analysis post on why Chicago would win at tOBR basketball forum... Needless to say it seems to be in play right now..
Orenthal

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun May 15, 2011 10:30 pm

I knew Chicago had a chance and its just the first game, but still: Holy shit. I hope there's plenty of Kleenex in the visitor's locker room.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Taj Gibson pretty much summed it up there at the end of the ball game, no?

Fuck you Miami. And may your bus rollover, crash and burn on the way back to the hotel.

Other than that I hope the night is restful.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun May 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Absolutely no reason to believe Chicago won't continue to beat the living shit out of Miami on the offensive boards. That edge isn't going away.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:51 pm

The Bulls played the exact opposite from the previous two series.

If they do that they have a chance.

Color me astounded to see them flip the switch that hard. They looked really bad against Indy and tATL.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun May 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Every year some team gets crowned after the second round. Last year it was Orlando. Two years ago it was Cleveland. Now it's Miami's turn.

Personally I don't think Miami looked all that much more impressive than Chicago in the first two rounds. They struggled at times against the 76ers and they needed to squeak out the last two games against the corpse that is the Celtics. When the Bulls needed to put the hammer down on Atlanta they did so with extreme prejudice.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Oh I never crowned Miami, I just thought it would take the West to take them down.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun May 15, 2011 11:02 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Color me astounded to see them flip the switch that hard. They looked really bad against Indy and tATL.

What Herm said, on top of the chip on the Bulls' shoulder since they got played by the Debacle. They've been waiting for this since last July.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun May 15, 2011 11:06 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Color me astounded to see them flip the switch that hard. They looked really bad against Indy and tATL.
he chip on the Bulls' shoulder since they got played by the Debacle. They've been waiting for this since last July.

This could be an underrated point.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun May 15, 2011 11:15 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Oh I never crowned Miami, I just thought it would take the West to take them down.

You didn't, but plenty did.

Will be VERY interested in seeing how Miami responds to adversity- something they haven't faced in the postseason. I think if they lose Game Two they're all but screwed. Too many frontrunners on that squad.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon May 16, 2011 7:57 am

hermanfontenot wrote:You didn't, but plenty did.

Will be VERY interested in seeing how Miami responds to adversity- something they haven't faced in the postseason. I think if they lose Game Two they're all but screwed. Too many frontrunners on that squad.

Bosh seems to think they'll be fine
We took a beating,” Bosh said. “I think we’ll get better. This is a group that has responded well when we’re down a little bit.”

If Miami is going to continue to take that much of a beating on the offensive glass, this could be a very short series.

Was that one of the quietest 30-9 from Bosh we've seen in the playoffs?

I was surprised to see that combined James/Wade only shot 8 FT's.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon May 16, 2011 8:54 am

hermanfontenot wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Oh I never crowned Miami, I just thought it would take the West to take them down.

You didn't, but plenty did.

There's a difference between "crowning" Miami because you thought they were an all time great squad, and thinking they were going to win the East because nobody else was playing for shit.

Miami, against the Celtics, looked like they looked much of the year. Still disjointed on offense, good defensively, and getting very little help from anyone else but the stars......unfortunately, considering how the previous rounds went, that looked more than good enough.

And the rebounding edge was a given, but the real killer was Chicago hitting half their threes. Cause if they shoot the ball well, they'll advance.

And Miami finally realized that Big Z needed to be inactive. Actually, he should have been inactive about three years ago.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon May 16, 2011 9:36 am

Miami's inability to box out cost them big time. When you allow your opponent to get an absurd number of offensive rebounds, wins will be hard to come by. I want to crown the Heat so I can be wrong when they lose. It would be glorious. As was stated on here, looks like the Bulls hit the switch last night at beginning of second half. It was impressive. Next game is Wednesday, redonkulous. :thumbdown:

Looking forward to the OKC/Dallas series as well. Anxious to see how Dallas comes out after all the rest they have had. :pop:

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon May 16, 2011 9:56 am

Miami actually did a good job rotating and keeping a body on guys, just too much size and muscle. Kerr made note of Miami's rotations being there before the ball several times. Key was, as Lead pointed out, they were hitting their perimeter shots, and were able to get rebounds over the smaller Heat players, or just smash it home over them at the rim.

BTW have loved Gibson's game since seeing him his rokkie season, and also know why Asik was noted in just about every Chicago trade rumor. Watching those 2 not get taken to the rim on LBJ iso's was a thing of beauty.

31-8 in second chance points. :thumb up:
Orenthal

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon May 16, 2011 10:42 am

leadpipe wrote:And Miami finally realized that Big Z needed to be inactive. Actually, he should have been inactive about three years ago.

Well, now they're talking about re-activating Z because their small lineup got killed last night.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby StewieG » Mon May 16, 2011 11:44 am

hermanfontenot wrote:Well, now they're talking about re-activating Z because their small lineup got killed last night.

When activating Z is the cure to all your woes, then your woes are incurable.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon May 16, 2011 12:37 pm

How big is home court? Not letting front runner Miami fan get WHITE HAWT. LMAO. If Chicago takes game 2 it will be home court for them in every game.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Like a scorned lover, Cleveland fan stands outside LeBron and Wade’s house, nose pressed against the bedroom window, fondling his nipple while watching the two make love:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba-wp3274
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon May 16, 2011 1:07 pm

A lot of post-2003 Cavaliers fans were Bulls fans during the '90s. They're just temporarily returning to their old loyalties.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Game 1 of Heat Bulls was the most watched Cable NBA event ever. Tops every finals, All-Star game, everything.

And YOU GUYS were the third most watching market.

Hehehehe
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:15 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:A lot of post-2003 Cavaliers fans were Bulls fans during the '90s. They're just temporarily returning to their old loyalties.

Naw, those fans are Heat Fans right now.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon May 16, 2011 1:21 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Game 1 of Heat Bulls was the most watched Cable NBA event ever. Tops every finals, All-Star game, everything.

Hehehehe

Maybe we're just a better basketball town than you give us credit for. :dingle:
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Mon May 16, 2011 1:26 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Game 1 of Heat Bulls was the most watched Cable NBA event ever. Tops every finals, All-Star game, everything.

Hehehehe

Maybe we're just a better basketball town than you give us credit for. :dingle:

Unless we luck out in the draft, it's only a matter of time until the only sold out games are the ones against the Heat.

Gunna get pretty pathetic.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon May 16, 2011 2:45 pm

I kinda feel no-ill will towards the Bulls.

the whole jordan over ehlo thing to me, doesn't really make me hate them.

Plus I dream of Bulls/Thunder final..and I would seriously watch as much as that as possible.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Hehehehe

I watched between periods of Canucks/Sharks.

Tuned in in time to see Taj Gibson's roundhouse smash of a missed shot that put the exclamation point on it.

Did have to look twice when the scroll said Chrissy Bosh led the Heat in scoring.

Just waiting for a literal slap fight between Noah and Bosh. That's gonna be awesome.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Mon May 16, 2011 5:13 pm

What Herm said, on top of the chip on the Bulls' shoulder since they got played by the Debacle. They've been waiting for this since last July.

Very valid point and to add to that IMO Miami has definitely taken on much of LeBron's mentality in that their focus has been the Celtics, to the point they feel as if they've gotten over their hurdle. I think we'll see both those differing mentalities play out in this series, with Chicago having a huge edge in that department.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby JJN » Tue May 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Apparently being in the same area code as Dirk is a foul tonight. He's been brilliant, but a lot of ticky-tack calls being made.
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue May 17, 2011 11:21 pm

^Getting close to a career high in playoff points. Ref's calling it tight, lots of throws in that 3rd quarter.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:25 pm

J.J. Barea is more adorable than a certain Indians utility infielder ever was. Little person envy is strong toward J.J.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue May 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Have that card. Unsigned.
Orenthal

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed May 18, 2011 7:49 am

Dirk and Durant with unbelievable performances. Dirk got help. KD didn't.
Great start to the series. :clap:

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:00 am

e0y2e3 wrote:J.J. Barea is more adorable than a certain Indians utility infielder ever was.

Stupidest, lyingest, most ridiculousest post ever on these boards. near bannable offense.

Stop.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed May 18, 2011 11:19 am

JJN wrote:Apparently being in the same area code as Dirk is a foul tonight. He's been brilliant, but a lot of ticky-tack calls being made.

Dirk - 24 FT attempts
KD - 19 FT attempts
Westbrook - 18 FT attempts.

OKC- 43 FT attempts
Dallas - 36

It was aclosely called game on both sides. No reason to say Dirk was getting the Wade '06 treatment.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby StewieG » Wed May 18, 2011 1:57 pm

And so the excuses begin:

@WindhorstESPN: LeBron is battling a cold ahead of tonight's Game 2. Said it has been bothering him for 3 days.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA