Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Playoffs thread

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Playoffs thread

Unread postby DrPoove » Thu May 05, 2011 1:15 pm

jb wrote:If for second you get out of the Cleveland-centric cacoon, objectively, the decision was pretty much a no-brainer. The rest is just immature dooshbaggery. You shed that light.

And the immature douche-baggery and quiting/lack of heart/lack of effort (whatever you want to call games 5-6 of last years Celts series) are unforgettable and unfogivable acts in some people's opinion.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu May 05, 2011 1:28 pm

I think the injury thing was Ainge not wanting to spend $32 mil over 4 for a guy with potentially iffy knees.

e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and I said day of the trade (it’s here if you look) that my most obvious theory behind the Perk trade was Boston planning to go after Dewey, hard.

Though this makes so much sense it hurts.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby jb » Thu May 05, 2011 1:48 pm

DrPoove wrote:
jb wrote:If for second you get out of the Cleveland-centric cacoon, objectively, the decision was pretty much a no-brainer. The rest is just immature dooshbaggery. You shed that light.

And the immature douche-baggery and quiting/lack of heart/lack of effort (whatever you want to call games 5-6 of last years Celts series) are unforgettable and unfogivable acts in some people's opinion.

Jesus wants you to forgive people. My grade school nun said when you hurt Jesus it is like pounding nails thorugh his hands and fet. So why are you doing that to Jesus?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:52 pm

jb wrote:
DrPoove wrote:

Glen Beck wants you to forgive people. My grade school nun said when you hurt Glen Beck it is like pounding nails thorugh his hands and fet. So why are you doing that to Glen Beck?

Fixed that for ya
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jb » Thu May 05, 2011 2:08 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
jb wrote:
DrPoove wrote:

Glen Beck wants you to forgive people. My grade school nun said when you hurt Glen Beck it is like pounding nails thorugh his hands and fet. So why are you doing that to Glen Beck?

Fixed that for ya

Cause I don't have railroad spikes?
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:12 pm

No, because we all know Glen Beck is the true Geezes.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Jesus is was a jew, Beck is a mormon. Mormons can't be Jesus, says so in the golden tablet.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu May 05, 2011 2:29 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and I said day of the trade (it’s here if you look) that my most obvious theory behind the Perk trade was Boston planning to go after Dewey, hard.

I still think I’m dead on there and find it funny that just now, months later the press is starting to put two and two together…..

If that was their plan they're really screwed. Dewey is going to LA. And if he doesn't go to LA he's going to New York. He isn't going to Boston.

Regardless of the prestige of the Celtics, Boston has never been nor ever will be a very desirable NBA FA mecca because of the weather and, well, other factors which we all know about.

I think the move was made in immediate acknowledgement of Orlando no longer being an impediment to Boston's aspirations this season.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:38 pm

:doh:

TCF:
Where we still don’t pay attention to the salary cap, tradeable assets and the draw of Rondo and Pierce. KG – Ray - Pierce changed the Boston stereotype, a lot. And Rondo makes a guy like Dewey’s career potentially all time numbers wise.

And Perk was a huge part of the pack it in against LBJ and Wade philosophy the C's embraced.

Fuck they were putting Ray Ray on LBJ for long stretches last year. It was all about having the D locked down in the center so KG could be a help defender and keep both out of the lane.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:43 pm

I agree with e0y here. I don't think the race issue (while agreeing it was earned previously by the accounts I've read) is a factor anywhere near as much as it was. But I do think the 'Hollywood' allure might be a factor in where Howard ends up.

Again, could be being over played by the national media, but clearly if Howard fancies that life then he has the option of getting a whole lot closer to it than Boston.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Thu May 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Dunno jesse. Much as a dog Eye for gettin' above his raisin' , last I checked, NY wasn't subtropical or mediterranian either. And before you go with any "but NY is NY", so it is with Boston.

I don't believe in any cap crap. If a mega market and player want each other, they always find a way even if it looks impossible at first on paper.

FWIW, what not the ATL for Dewey? mega city, good tea, moveable assets and one star could stay )proly JJ) and isn't he a homeboi?
Last edited by jb on Thu May 05, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:47 pm

My point is that it's a major city with a ton to do.

That is enough of a sub if you have the potential to add the rings and numbers that are needed for the Hollywood life.

Rondo + Dewey is a fucking witch of a core. I can't even fathom what Howard's numbers would look like.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu May 05, 2011 2:50 pm

jb wrote:And before you go with any "but NY is NY", so it is with Boston.

Boston isn't New York, JB. And New York probably isn't much of a player for Dewey either, come to think of it.

Seriously- can anyone name a marquee FA signed by the Celtics? Ever? Name the great Celtic and he came in via the draft and trades.

Admittedly I'm ignorant of the assets Boston has to trade for Dewey.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby jb » Thu May 05, 2011 2:51 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:
jb wrote:And before you go with any "but NY is NY", so it is with Boston.

Boston isn't New York, JB.

As far as city swag for a pro sport? Sure it is.

(Before you reply, "infinity" )
jb

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu May 05, 2011 2:56 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Rondo + Dewey is a fucking witch of a core.

Without a perimeter scorer who can get you 30 in a make-or-break game, that isn't a championship core.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Boston will be able to outright Sign Dewey to a max contract.

NY has nothing they can give for any player and the Paul talk is also BS unless he is going to take a Mid Level Exception that may not work.

And again, Boston has changed. The white of Larry has been replaced by the Thug of PP, Anger of KG and Insanity of Rondo.

It’s a different team with a different draw now.

And again, Rondo does more for Dewey than probably any other player in tAssociation.

Dewey on any team without a dirty shooter isn’t a sure fire championship core.

That said I like those two together probably more than the two in NY as a core that can be built around.

And no one is going to match the Heat’s core.

Then there are the Lakers and all of their young… oh wait. Shannon Brown + Dewey FTW!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Also, FWIW: if Dewey demands out right now I agree he ends up in LA, as Bynum + a bunch of firsts is about as good as Orlando will do.

But who knows if the lock-out/timing/outcome will even allow him to demand out this year without just finishing his contract.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:12 pm

http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/ ... ry-sanders

LBJ may be a cocksucker, but this is impressive (re: him and Rondo)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 05, 2011 6:20 pm

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:And every team playing in the West can beat the Heat JB, same with the Celtics if they get it righted now.

Why should I listen to you?

You all told me how limited and incomplete the Heat was for post season.

They are like a red hot knife thru butter so far while everyone else has scuffled.

I'm with Lee in that I have no clue what your purpose is right now. But you act like a LeBron led team never cruised through a round and a couple games of playoffs before.

What's a LeBron led team got to do with The Heat?

The fact that he's been in this spot before and has yet to finish it off.

...and yes it is a LeBron led Heat at the moment.

If the Celtics lose this series you can look directly at the Perkins trade as a huge reason why, no doubt.

FTR, put me in the it would be cool to see Dirk get a ring, dude has always been worthy of pulling for, awesome talent and solid guy.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 05, 2011 7:08 pm

Dwight Howard is home schooled weird. Corny doesn't do the guy justice.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:40 pm

FUDU wrote:...and yes it is a LeBron led Heat at the moment.

No.

It isn't.

It wasn't going to be when he went there and that's one of the reasons he went there. And it will never be his team as long as Wade is there.

Never. Meaning not ever.

I beg you to listen to a week's worth of LeBatard if you have ANY doubt this.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:19 pm

But who knows if the lock-out/timing/outcome will even allow him to demand out this year without just finishing his contract.

Huge x-factor for Howard in my opinion. I don't know exactly how this labor issue will play out but I'm willing to venture a guess that max contracts will be less friendly and it will somehow be harder for a superstar to jump ship. A grandfathered, Bird righted(?), no Florida state tax contract might end up being enough to keep him in Orlando. And if not, it should certainly be enough to facilitate a trade sometime before the '12 deadline (whenever that ends up being) and I highly doubt the Magic would let him stay in the East to rub salt in their wounds.

The Bynum deal seems most likely at this point unless Howard would commit to an OKC/Portland type long term. I'd be surprised if he ever made it to actual free agency.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:39 pm

peeker643 wrote:

No.

It isn't.

It wasn't going to be when he went there and that's one of the reasons he went there. And it will never be his team as long as Wade is there.

Never. Meaning not ever.

Yeah what article do I need to drop where LBJ admitted that the Heat started winning when he stated being Pippen?

Seriously?

This is reality.

I just want to him to win one title at some point as it and then wait for his HoF speech. I'm pretty fucking patient.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Kingpin74 wrote:

Huge x-factor for Howard in my opinion. I don't know exactly how this labor issue will play out but I'm willing to venture a guess that max contracts will be less friendly and it will somehow be harder for a superstar to jump ship. A grandfathered, Bird righted(?), no Florida state tax contract might end up being enough to keep him in Orlando. And if not, it should certainly be enough to facilitate a trade sometime before the '12 deadline (whenever that ends up being) and I highly doubt the Magic would let him stay in the East to rub salt in their wounds.

The Bynum deal seems most likely at this point unless Howard would commit to an OKC/Portland type long term. I'd be surprised if he ever made it to actual free agency.

thanks for talking a lot and extrapolating my point

And again, look at the NFL, look at the NBA. He's down to less than 50 days to be dealt and I SWEAR TO GOD I DONT THINK IT IS LEGAL.

get with it bro.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 pm

When I talk about trades, I mean after the lockout ends but before the end of next season. Do you really think there will be no opportunity for teams to make deals before his contract expires? I don't remember '99, is that how it happened then? And all those insane Shaq/KG/Juwan type contracts got grandfathered and were much more than the new max, right?

All I meant was that the pre/post lockout dynamics will lead him to either re-sign and take more money or force a trade, which would very likely be to a West team and eliminate the Celtics and Knicks from the picture. It already sort of happened with Melo when the Knicks chose to gut their roster over rolling the dice in free agency, even though Carmelo wanting to go there was the worst kept secret in sports. If that copied/warped your point, changed the subject, or is too obvious, I apologize. Just trying to have a discussion.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:06 am

So essentially what I have from you right now is that the that NBA is going to die in five years because of how they treat the mid markets (who own the majority of the contenders left) and that the lockout is going to close the CBA negotiations by forcing Deweys hands and grandfathering Bird Rights.

AWESOME.

You are now Neo from Matrix III
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:08 am

PS: If Dewey signs an extension in Orlando, regardless of the lockout dynamics I will fly to where you are and blow your mom.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:23 am

1. Not sure where I said the NBA would die, just said it had some issues to work out and the current makeup was conducive to contracting 4-5 bottom feeders.

2. My point was that a pre-lockout max contract would represent a significant dollar difference from a post-lockout max contract. How could that not affect deadline trade discussions leading up to free agency?

3. Fine, I doubt he extends there too. But I'll bet you a case of beer he's extended and traded to the Western Conference before he ever hits the open market.
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:28 am

Here is the thing: the end of the league year runs right up into the open of the tradability, IMO. I may be wrong on this but that is my point/question.

Well that and if the NBA is going to get a rollback in current contracts (which the players have already said they will take) the benefit of a post trade bird rights deal is min to nil.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:14 am

Here is the thing: the end of the league year runs right up into the open of the tradability, IMO. I may be wrong on this but that is my point/question.

Well that and if the NBA is going to get a rollback in current contracts (which the players have already said they will take) the benefit of a post trade bird rights deal is min to nil.

Fair point. If that happens, he probably drags it out and soaks in the attention. And in that case, the Celtics and Knicks would both be in play. Hell, even if trading is allowed, Otis Smith might be dense enough to brush off proposals and think that he's keeping him. All bets are off for anyone who thinks paying the corpses of Arenas and Turk nine figures over the next three seasons is a good idea. The Magic are in such unbelievable cap hell that they really wouldn't have a chance to return to championship level in the next couple years even WITH Howard.

One would think that a warm weather, no state tax team would be more desirable to an NBA star than Boston, but Celtic tradition and playing with Rondo can't be discounted. NY makes sense too but I don't think they'll have the cap room and I don't know if Dwight has the stones to/wants to handle the city like Amare has.
Kingpin74

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri May 06, 2011 8:42 am

I said this in this forum just a couple weeks ago. If any LA team makes a move for Howard it should be the Clippers. They have Kaman in the last year of his contract, Mo w/ a player option in '12-13 as their last big salarie(aside from Blake). They can target Howard and Paul and create a good core there. It won't get done because no way Sterling even thinks about spending that kind of money. He's gonna bank on Griffin to bring the fans in alone. With the Bryant years coming to a close and a lack of good young players for the Lake Show, Sterling could attempt to take over SoCal basketball.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Fri May 06, 2011 9:11 am

peeker643 wrote:

No.

It isn't.

Never. Meaning not ever.

^^^^^^^^^^

This.

1 ) The Heat aren't Bron's team.

2 ) He doesn't want them to be his team.

3 ) He doesn't have to put 12 other stiff bums on his back 48 x 7 every series.

This is all new for Bron. There is no model.

Time for people to now seperat their lips from DF's privates and put their fandom in a zip lock bag. Look at every single player on the Cavs from 03 to 10 and tell me you'd give two plug nickles for any but Boozer and Z. And STFU 'bout Side Show Bob and his 7th man HeroinBirdMan hustle being anything but what it is.

I know the challenges. I know the constraints. But most teams have those. The cavs also had some nice chips to cash in at two major opportunities. Fact is they came away with exactly jack squat to help Bron. He carried them as far as he could for seasons of more or less contention.

But he flipped out in game 5 after he allegedly found his Mom with a team mate , so screw him Means he never tried at all and it was all his fault.
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 06, 2011 10:16 am

Fuck old LeBron. Fuck new LeBron. Fuck the Heat. Let's be rational about sports? In Cleveland? LMAO!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri May 06, 2011 10:29 am

jb wrote:Time for people to now seperat their lips from DF's privates and put their fandom in a zip lock bag. Look at every single player on the Cavs from 03 to 10 and tell me you'd give two plug nickles for any but Boozer and Z. And STFU 'bout Side Show Bob and his 7th man HeroinBirdMan hustle being anything but what it is.

I know the challenges. I know the constraints. But most teams have those. The cavs also had some nice chips to cash in at two major opportunities. Fact is they came away with exactly jack squat to help Bron. He carried them as far as he could for seasons of more or less contention.

The uncomfortable truths:

No All-Star candidate free agent was going to come to Cleveland, Bron or no Bron. We should be shocked enough we got Larry Hughes.

Kerr was never going to deal Amare. Not for shit draft picks and expiring contracts.

The only option a mid-market like Cleveland ever had was the draft. And that was all on TBO's predecessor.

But he flipped out in game 5 after he allegedly found his Mom with a team mate , so screw him Means he never tried at all and it was all his fault.

No, he quit because he caught Delonte with Gloria and his arm was hurting and he was tired of being The Man on a team of old-timers and emotional basketcases and he had his sights set on teaming up with his boys and running the Association ever since Beijing.

But above all, he still quit. And if you don't think that counts for something, ask Chris Paul.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:35 am

JB - half the blame goes on LBJ for being a cunt and refusing to let the team build through the draft after TMLP bought the team.

The rest of the blame goes on TMLP for hiring Ferry four days before FA in '05 and never telling LBJ to fuck off.

As to you Madre, I'd bet my entire sould Chris Paul would have joined LBJ.

Every oz of me being I'd put on that.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:38 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:And if you don't think that counts for something, ask Chris Paul.

And motherfucking this.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:34 am

JB - half the blame goes on LBJ for being a cunt and refusing to let the team build through the draft after TMLP bought the team.

The rest of the blame goes on TMLP for hiring Ferry four days before FA in '05 and never telling LBJ to fuck off.

Can't discount the '04 summer under Paxson/Gund either. As mentioned before, whiffing on the 10th pick in a loaded draft (shoulda been Jameer, who was on their radar at the time) then letting Boozer screw them was just backbreaking. I think Boozer had a team option for roughly $700K in '04-'05 and was only a restricted free agent after that. He's a total scumbag but it's hard to believe that an NBA team ever opened the door for that to happen. It then led to all the panic moves from 2005-2010 (especially the '05 free agent summer, where the previous season's late collapse turned up the heat on LeBron's first bout of free agency). They never really recovered. Yeah, Gilbert let LeBron have his way with him and hired Ferry under dumb circumstances, which sunk the team in the context of the hand he was dealt. But the previous regime greased the wheels for it.
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:54 am

Yep.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat May 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Wow. Are we sure Memphis was an eight seed?
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat May 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Rondo's injury AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Poor bastard
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby FUDU » Sat May 07, 2011 11:01 pm

Rajon Reed?

LeBron quit b/c A) he wanted nothing to do with staying (and going to the finals with the Cavs would have made that tougher to spin), B) the alleged reports of DWest (if you buy into that stuff).

But JB pay attention to the games in the last 5 weeks or so, Lebron has relinquished his attempt to be leader in spirit only (he's let Wade have the locker room and role of leader for the public viewers sake), he's made some subtle changes to his game on the court to go with the more needed flow but yet has not lost his ability to assert himself when he wants or is needed.

While the Heat probably have the 2 best/most dangerous players on the floor from here on out but it still stands as LeBron goes so do the Heat.

FUDU

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun May 08, 2011 1:13 am

Fucking Rondo..

That was just beastly, throwback level shit right there. Tough. If LeBron would have had half of the heart that guy showed we'd have a few rafters in the Q. right now.

Kind of nice to not have to root against anymore. Long live Rajon.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun May 08, 2011 1:40 am

That was the punch in the mouth I was waiting for Boston to give. Let's see how Miami reacts in game 4.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun May 08, 2011 10:52 am

FUDU wrote:But JB pay attention to the games in the last 5 weeks or so, Lebron has relinquished his attempt to be leader in spirit only (he's let Wade have the locker room and role of leader for the public viewers sake)

Ahh... only deep insiders like you see his the true leadership in his giving up the appearance of leadership.

::doh::

The guy is not a leader. Anyone that talks about leadership and 'as I go they go' as often as he does ain't a leader. Leaders deflect praise and absorb criticism and responsibility. Forget about quitting, that's the biggest issue.

Again, the Heat has never been his team and it ain't now.

He failed at leading a team because he's way too selfish and self-absorbed to care about anything more than his personal legacy and how he's perceived.

He failed at leadership. That was a blow to LeEgo. And now he had to go elsewhere to win on someone else's team to ensure his legacy at least shows a few titles.

And God, how do the Celtics not make sure Wade is splattered across the Garden floor last night after the Rondo injury and the Allen flare up? Even if it ain't all Wade he still has to hit the floor hard.

Catch myself getting sick rooting for the Celtics but all I can root for with the Heat is a hotel fire where they're staying.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Sun May 08, 2011 11:40 am

Not sure where I claimed to be the insider but take from it as you will, never stopped you before.
:thumb up:

The dude is leading by example by sacrificing his more usual needs on the floor, it has had a big impact on this team. You can take a back seat and still drive, you should know that you're married.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun May 08, 2011 12:33 pm

FUDU wrote:The dude is leading by example by sacrificing his more usual needs on the floor, it has had a big impact on this team. You can take a back seat and still drive, you should know that you're married.

No he's not. He's taking the more comfortable spot in the back seat because it's easier than driving and he can't drive.

He can bark out whatever he wants to the press and to the guy driving the car. But he ain't holding the wheel Donny.

That ain't leading by example. That's called submission.

Plenty of people who will believe it's maturation and 'leadership'. It's just water finding its proper level.

Guy ain't a leader and never was. Some aren't. Those that aren't usually ain't so bent on telling people they are but LBJ was always that guy. He's no more a leader than Bosh because there are no levels.

You are or you are not.

Wade is. LBJ ain't.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun May 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Only FUDU could try and carry this argument foreword.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun May 08, 2011 1:03 pm

How about Shaq... YEEEEEEEEEAH!

ETA
Was really hoping to see that Rondo injury slow-mo 234-235 more times.
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun May 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Orenthal wrote:How about Shaq... YEEEEEEEEEAH!

ETA
Was really hoping to see that Rondo injury slow-mo 234-235 more times.

No doubt. Always comfortable watching the elbow bend inward like that.

Still wanna see Shaq or D West lay someone down.

Just do. Think a team like the Heat back way off if push actually comes to shove.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Sun May 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Peeker you're misunderstanding my point, so it really isn't worth it.

If Shaq and/or West play a part in the Heat's demise it would be both ironic and funny.

FUDU

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA