Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Playoffs thread

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Playoffs thread

Unread postby FUDU » Tue May 03, 2011 7:33 pm

What if Lebron didn't quit?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby FUDU » Tue May 03, 2011 8:30 pm

How is Boston only down 6?

Ray Allen is getting torched and they are playing right into Miami's hands so far.

FUDU

Unread postby pup » Tue May 03, 2011 8:46 pm

FUDU wrote:What if Lebron didn't quit?

The rest of his still would have sucked and they would have lost to Boston.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby FUDU » Tue May 03, 2011 8:49 pm

pup wrote:

It was rhetorical pup.

But you're wrong anyway.

FUDU

Unread postby pup » Tue May 03, 2011 8:54 pm

FUDU wrote:
pup wrote:

It was rhetorical pup.

But you're wrong anyway.

Sure I am.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue May 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Doesn't matter, he did.

Doesn't matter that his supporting cast sucked, because he quit.

Doesn't matter if Boston would have won anyway, because he quit.

Doesn't matter if he was right to leave, because he quit.

Doesn't matter if he wins championships in Miami, because he quit.

Never forget that he's a quitting bitch and always will be.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby pup » Tue May 03, 2011 9:18 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:

Doesn't matter, he did.

Never have and never will.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby FUDU » Tue May 03, 2011 9:23 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:

Doesn't matter, he did.

Wow didn't think all you would miss the joke, anyway I agree Herm, 100%.

This current series is even proving it, just watch him play.

FUDU

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue May 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Peeker, stick a fork in Los Celticos. They are cooked. Look for LeBum to devastate them in game 3 at the Gahden. The only thing I am kind of, sort of, hoping for, would be for someone on that team to put him down hard as he strolls through the paint. I figured Shaq might but given his fatness and apparent injury, not gonna happen. :thud:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby FUDU » Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 pm

fundamentals wrote:Peeker, stick a fork in Los Celticos. They are cooked. Look for LeBum to devastate them in game 3 at the Gahden. The only thing I am kind of, sort of, hoping for, would be for someone on that team to put him down hard as he strolls through the paint. I figured Shaq might but given his fatness and apparent injury, not gonna happen. :thud:

It isn't a playoff series until the home team loses.

FUDU

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue May 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Boston is cooked. And you know what? Fuck 'em.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue May 03, 2011 10:51 pm

The Celts could really use Shaq, if nothing more than it would hurt the Heat's ability to play Joel Anthony without repercussion. They are so much better with him out there than Z, who might be about the worst player in the GD league at this point. At least the worst one getting playoff minutes. Christ, Jermaine O'neal is better than him.

And Big Baby Davis has done the bizarro Shaq. You know, how Shaq used to use the first half of the season to get in shape. Baby seemingly has used the season to get out of shape. The fake f'in phony Garnett has nobody to cower behind.

Like Peek says upthread, with the Celts you need to see em' dead before the're dead. But this is physical mismatch and a talent mismatch. Not sure how much veteran moxie can overcome. We shall see.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jta1975 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:14 am

Pierce and Allen can't combine for 20 points and the Celtics win.

I love Delonte's perimeter defense...and since when did Miami start playing more physcial than other teams?

Come on Celtics, nut check.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 04, 2011 8:52 am

As miserable as it makes to say it James looked as relaxed on the floor last night in a 'real' playoff game as I've ever seen him look. 11 points with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and finishes with the quietest and most efficient 35 I've think I've seen from him.

Those other options and not having to throw a perfect game on both ends of the court, not have to get every key stop and key bucket, well, that's not a good sign if you hate him.

Still not willing to bury the Celtics. This may be the time they cry wolf but they've earned the carotid check before they are pronounced.

Not looking too good though.

Not looking too good.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Wed May 04, 2011 8:59 am

hermanfontenot wrote:Boston is cooked. And you know what? Fuck 'em.

Yep.

Sometimes some fans are so intelligent they are foolish. This team is old, slow and a doughnut; nothing in the middle. At this point El Heat in 4 or 5. They are winning easy and Boston's got nuthin'. And Price Wtaehouse ain't a garden. It's just a soul less new building. Lunch is about over.

The Bulls without a healthy Rose are cannon foder for this group. Apartif.

Dinner will then be served.

The Heat are showing their great character and will be the best sports story of the year. So may hatas, so much BS scrutiny from snot nose blogishpere dooshes. And Bron is looking fully vindicated. It was never about hating NEO. It was about understanding that as sorry - assed NBA farnchise as has ever existed couldn't figure it out even with the greatest lotto gift ever bestowed. For all the times I had to hear the pathetic excuses for DF from those who knew oh-so-much, I look at every player he surrounded Bron with over 5 years and I LMAO at where ANY of these guys are now. Any of 'em. The litany of the disaperasedos is lamer than a Dwight Clark draft roster. Mo Gotti? Bwahahahaha. Delonte? A scrub on a team bout to be swept. Shaq is dead. Side Show Bob will bounce around the association as a Chris Dudley footnote a few more seasons. Wally World. And then there's the 2007 group of stiffs. DF blew. Even Elgin stumbled into a quality player in a 7 year span.

You can see how Bron can play when he doesn't have to be the alpha and omega for 48 minutes. All he ever wanted to was win a title. He's true to his word. Blame Paxson. Blame Gund. Blame DF. Blame TMLP. Just get over blaming Bron for not wanting to be your martyr to futility.

I hope the kid wins it all and I hope everyone gets over it. It wasn't a kiss off to you, me, NEO or anything like that. Just a baller who wanted to win so badly to the point he'd risk his home.

And if you feel just like a tourist in the city you were born, then it’s time to go and define your destination. There’s so many places to call home. Because when you find yourself the villain in the story you have written, it’s plain to see that the best intentions are in need of redemption. Would you agree?

- “You are a Tourist” Death Cab for Cutie
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:25 am

I still can’t figure out if you are sincere, reverse hexing or being a fatalist.

Not gonna lie.

And the C’s may be done, that said they can’t really shoot worse as a team going forward. Shoot better and win this first one at home and they are right back where they were last year with the Cavs. That open 16+ footer that KG was missing all night last night? He’d been making this against the Cavs for years.

Whoever mentioned Shaq upthread is dead on. Because Joel Anthony is playing so well all of the sudden and not being able to get exploit him with Shaq is killing them. Their team did with Anthony is really good.

Not to mention the 65 bricked put backs from other O’Neal last night.

And every team playing in the West can beat the Heat JB, same with the Celtics if they get it righted now.

The Bulls and Hawks I have far less faith in.

PS: See the Woj story about The Heat robbing the C’s bus. Awesome… ::doh::
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:55 am

The Heat are winning it, let's just prepare ourselves. Many thanks to Danny Ainge for taking a hatchet to a contending team. He was worried he couldn't re-sign Perk yet his team's last real shot at a title was this season, savvy.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby jb » Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I still can’t figure out if you are sincere, reverse hexing or being a fatalist.

Not gonna lie.

You turned me. Your fault. Your credit. And here you don;t think anyone pays attention. Be careful what you post.

If for second you get out of the Cleveland-centric cacoon, objectively, the decision was pretty much a no-brainer. The rest is just immature dooshbaggery. You shed that light.

If you appreciate the Association for more than just being a "cavs" fan, and I doubt there are more than about 10,000 of those for real, the rest were know-nothing bandwaggoners that migrated from Caffe-Latte field and used to ask what those tall yellow towers were in the outfield, after they put their dog masks & bones in storage in 1991, then how can you not like watching Bron? You hammered that home.

Lastly, you irritate the shit out of me with your too-good-for-your-roots Chowd wanna be schtick to the point where I love seeing the celts trampled under foot so ur bagged along with all the other real massholes who act like they superfans when they are handed great franchises year after year after year. ;-)

They are Inbred Nation with different accests AFAIC. Any idiot can be passionate for that. Give 'em Ryan Hollins, Jhonny peralta and DA for a few decades and see how "America's Fan" they are.
Last edited by jb on Wed May 04, 2011 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed May 04, 2011 10:01 am

e0y2e3 wrote: That open 16+ footer that KG was missing all night last night? He’d been making this against the Cavs for years.

Long beer line in the 3rd quarter, eh?
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed May 04, 2011 10:02 am

e0y2e3 wrote:And every team playing in the West can beat the Heat JB, same with the Celtics if they get it righted now.

Why should I listen to you?

You all told me how limited and incomplete the Heat was for post season.

They are like a red hot knife thru butter so far while everyone else has scuffled.
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed May 04, 2011 10:48 am

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:And every team playing in the West can beat the Heat JB, same with the Celtics if they get it righted now.

They are like a red hot knife thru butter so far while everyone else has scuffled.

JB being so blatantly right through 2 games makes watching this series even more :gah: .

Though they did let Philly play them too close. They are getting contributions from Anthony, Bibby, Chalmers, Jones, guys who you figureed would disappear even more in the playoffs. So far so good, and it KILLS me. It's times like these were I don't look at sports rationally, but rather with passion fueled hatred. So once Shaq comes back, Game 3, all will be better. (inlove)
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby jb » Wed May 04, 2011 11:08 am

Orenthal wrote:
jb wrote:

JB being so blatantly right through 2 games makes watching this series even more :gah: .

Though they did let Philly play them too close. They are getting contributions from Anthony, Bibby, Chalmers, Jones, guys who you figureed would disappear even more in the playoffs. So far so good, and it KILLS me. It's times like these were I don't look at sports rationally, but rather with passion fueled hatred. So once Shaq comes back, Game 3, all will be better. (inlove)

Right. Huge contributions right there. About 12 points.

The big 2, errrrrrrrrrrrrr 3, is just punking teams. Philly went down meekly. I watched just about every game this post season once Eye threw down the gauntlet.

There is no question that the best playing team is El Hades right now. Eye can project the west on them, but I;ll wait & see. To me the lakeshow looks mortal as all hell, I don't take dallas seriously, and OKC isn't doing bidness as I might expect. El Toros is a mess.

It'll be OKC vs Mihammi, and we'll see what's what. Bron vs KD and D wade vs Westy. I like the Hotness' chances.

By the way, Lee is Batman and I am the Joker ala Batman I on this subject. We've creted each other in some strange cosmic screwed up way.
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed May 04, 2011 11:19 am

There was nothing mutually exclusive about my post about their bench/role players and Wade and Bron. Sure even PROS can see from yesterdays box that the bench provided naught in terms of scoring help, but Jones in game 1 did score. Jones and Chalmers length has helped on defense. Anthony is blocking shots and getting to 50-50 balls. They have been better then advertised.

Well I'm Commissioner Loeb if we're self glossing.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed May 04, 2011 11:20 am

Orenthal

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed May 04, 2011 11:26 am

Ohh, I'm seein' it now. Very clever, Mr. Bond.

I'll chip in this bit from Basketbawful:

he free throw line. That's where the cHeat are winning this series. Miami won Games 1 and 2 by a combined 20 points. In those two games, the Floridians have a 68-40 advantage in attempted freebies. That's not to say that the officials are handing this series to the cHeat. I'm not trying to draw that conclusion. I am saying that Boston is struggling to keep King Crab and Pookie out of the paint and off the charity stripe. The Celtics are lacking in both interior defense and toughness right now. This, more than any other time, is when they're missing Kendrick Perkins.

But, really, I'm not sure Perk could have turned the tide. This is what Riley and cHeat fans banking on: Two of the NBA's top five players being virtually unstoppable at the same time. Before this season, the Celtics never totally shut down either of them, only slowed them down. Dealing with both simultaneously is proving impossible. Again, maybe if they had a second indomitable big man closing down the painted rectangle...but they don't.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby jb » Wed May 04, 2011 11:51 am

Orenthal wrote:Image

jb

Unread postby jb » Wed May 04, 2011 11:56 am

Orenthal wrote:There was nothing mutually exclusive about my post about their bench/role players and Wade and Bron. Sure even PROS can see from yesterdays box that the bench provided naught in terms of scoring help, but Jones in game 1 did score. Jones and Chalmers length has helped on defense. Anthony is blocking shots and getting to 50-50 balls. They have been better then advertised.

Well I'm Commissioner Loeb if we're self glossing.

This isn't the team that started the season, OJ. Or even the one that had the moid-season skid. It is a team that had to find it's rotation and 2 superstars who had to figure out co-existance, all on the fly during an NBA season through intense scrutiny, and then Z becomes Bill Cartwright come May. All those challenges and they are still a high 50 win team. Time for credit where due.

IOW, I'm channelling Denny Green melting about the Bears. It's just that people didn't a ) want to admit how good they are come post-season and b ) underestimated how LBJ & Wade would step their game up as luminaries.

Summary? This isn't any shock. They won almost 60 games as a developing team wrking through issues, then coasted over Philly more than the hatas want to admit, and they are making it look easy vs the flawed Chowds -- and Rondo, their only matchup hope, is doing his late 80's Ledgend imitation.

Celts are fried. And like jesse wrote, they're the centics for gawdsakes. F'em. Good riddance into the dustbin.
Last edited by jb on Wed May 04, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed May 04, 2011 11:57 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Ohh, I'm seein' it now. Very clever, Mr. Bond.

I'll chip in this bit from Basketbawful:

he free throw line. That's where the cHeat are winning this series. Miami won Games 1 and 2 by a combined 20 points. In those two games, the Floridians have a 68-40 advantage in attempted freebies. That's not to say that the officials are handing this series to the cHeat. I'm not trying to draw that conclusion. I am saying that Boston is struggling to keep King Crab and Pookie out of the paint and off the charity stripe. The Celtics are lacking in both interior defense and toughness right now. This, more than any other time, is when they're missing Kendrick Perkins.

But, really, I'm not sure Perk could have turned the tide. This is what Riley and cHeat fans banking on: Two of the NBA's top five players being virtually unstoppable at the same time. Before this season, the Celtics never totally shut down either of them, only slowed them down. Dealing with both simultaneously is proving impossible. Again, maybe if they had a second indomitable big man closing down the painted rectangle...but they don't.

When you are slow and can't d up, you foul. :pop:
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:34 pm

And JB, KG making baskets for ten minutes doesn't make up for all the misses.

Also impressed at the Heat's ability to keep the ball away from Bosh while KG is on him and them immediately find him when mismatched. Smart hoops.

Mega layoff JB, they can get their legs back.

And that Philly series was not some huge statement series, it was a team playing lazy and inching by.

It also was terrible basketball.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Wed May 04, 2011 12:44 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And that Philly series was not some huge statement series, it was a team playing lazy and inching by.

It also was terrible basketball.

Hey, works for the Lakers.

My point wasn;t that it was a mollywhompin vs the 6ers. It was just that a coasting Heat was never in any real jepardy of that becoming a series. Bron's "breakfast" comments are illustrative. Not like they were any worse at all than any heavy first round fav that won the opening series this year AFAIC. So far in round 2 they are looking as good or better than anyone playing

Celtics are flambayed. They are at the end of a good run with this bunch as constituted. But your pub experience will be all that for 2, maybe 3 games, so you got that going for you, which is nice.
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed May 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Can't really debate anything in your post after the tombstone. Can't debate the tombstone either. Celtics gambled on trading from their stock of bigs, and now that Shaq is gimp, its not the strength it should have been.

Celtics need both games at home, and have to get lucky in Miami. I still have faith.

Freaking love Iblocka btw, and if Bismarck is that guy in a weak as shit draft I reach.
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 04, 2011 5:42 pm

jb wrote:

I'm with Lee in that I have no clue what your purpose is right now. But you act like a LeBron led team never cruised through a round and a couple games of playoffs before.

FUDU

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu May 05, 2011 1:36 am

Phil Jackson just sat and watched as J.J. Barea eviscerated his team tonight. He and the Lakers simply mailed it in.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:14 am

When and for how long does Ron-Ron get suspended for his bitch move?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:17 am

No clue on that answer, but I could really get behind a Dirk title run to close out what has been an absolutely astonishing career.

Sure I'd like to Waterboard Cuban and Kidd and Stevenson, but a Dirk title wouldn't suck.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:21 am

And let's not forget that their dynamic bench force has been dead all season in roddy beaubois
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Thu May 05, 2011 9:02 am

FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:

I'm with Lee in that I have no clue what your purpose is right now. But you act like a LeBron led team never cruised through a round and a couple games of playoffs before.

What's a LeBron led team got to do with The Heat?
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu May 05, 2011 9:03 am

e0y2e3 wrote:No clue on that answer, but I could really get behind a Dirk title run to close out what has been an absolutely astonishing career.

Sure I'd like to Waterboard Cuban and Kidd and Stevenson, but a Dirk title wouldn't suck.

They are playing like a vet team fully aware that this is the last shot at the bucket list.
jb

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu May 05, 2011 10:09 am

hermanfontenot wrote:Phil Jackson just sat and watched as J.J. Barea eviscerated his team tonight. He and the Lakers simply mailed it in.

It has to bother Phil that he plays 4 (Fisher is awful) on 5 each night, makes what they have been able to accomplish quite remarkable in the past 2 seasons. Gasol looks gassed and the Ron Ron meltdown was inevitable.

And with regard to Bron Bron. The dude said it quite well the other night. It is comforting for him not to have to spoil people with his play or need an "A" game every night out. He can now defer for periods of time and then pick/choose when to go off. :gah:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby jta1975 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:48 am

peeker643 wrote:When and for how long does Ron-Ron get suspended for his bitch move?

Game 3 vacation
jta1975

Unread postby jta1975 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:52 am

The Jeff Green trade was for the future...Pierce and Allen are shells and Perkins offense isn't sustainable...Look for Ainge to retool the offense in the off-season...
jta1975

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:02 am

See I disagree with this almost 100%.

Perk gives you one of the top post defenders in the league and isn’t yet fully in his prime. Him and Rondo give you a great core going forward and something no one else in the league has. Perk becomes expendable if Shaq is playing very well (as he was) and you need to make a trade for a young athletic wing that can give you an off the bench presence, more athleticism and score to make your run this year.

A proven top post defender’s future versus a still unproven Jeff Green is trading a tomato for a tomahto going forward. And unfortunately for the Celtics it is starting to look like the tomahto is really a cherry tomato.

This Celtics team is about done, as Ray and KG will probably retire when they are done and we’re real close to a roster with only Rondo and Perkins looked up (and Avery Bradley). Green was brought in with the belief he could be a more dynamic Posey for this run. The future was a possible added bonus, IMO.

If Perk were old I’d get you.

Young post controllers just don’t grow on trees though.

Could have just as easily kept the strong core and then retooled the offense.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu May 05, 2011 11:26 am

jta1975 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:When and for how long does Ron-Ron get suspended for his bitch move?

Game 3 vacation

Luke Walton, welcome to playoff basketball. :lmfao:

Maybe the Celtics are positioning themselves to get Dwight Howard? :hide:

e0y2e3, you think Perkins would be altering this series with the Heat?
Last edited by fundamentals on Thu May 05, 2011 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby jta1975 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:30 am

e0y2e3 wrote:See I disagree with this almost 100%.

Perk gives you one of the top post defenders in the league and isn’t yet fully in his prime. Him and Rondo give you a great core going forward and something no one else in the league has. Perk becomes expendable if Shaq is playing very well (as he was) and you need to make a trade for a young athletic wing that can give you an off the bench presence, more athleticism and score to make your run this year.

A proven top post defender’s future versus a still unproven Jeff Green is trading a tomato for a tomahto going forward. And unfortunately for the Celtics it is starting to look like the tomahto is really a cherry tomato.

This Celtics team is about done, as Ray and KG will probably retire when they are done and we’re real close to a roster with only Rondo and Perkins looked up (and Avery Bradley). Green was brought in with the belief he could be a more dynamic Posey for this run. The future was a possible added bonus, IMO.

If Perk were old I’d get you.

Young post controllers just don’t grow on trees though.

Could have just as easily kept the strong core and then retooled the offense.

I actually agree with you and I didn't say I necessarily agree with what they did.

I think Rondo's penetration can get most any big man some points and from a defensive standpoint even in the days of KG's offensive struggles he will be a defensive anchor for them.

Some do undervalue defensive tempo but not me. I truly do understand the importance of players like that.

In the east with the Heat and Knicks coming with LBJ and Melo.... I think solid young 3's who can play defense and can hit some shots will be one of the first things teams in the east will seek.

Perk is a good post defender but not necessarily a great rim protector..Howard could be on his way out of Orlando, then you will need to protect the rim against Rose,Wade,Melo,James....Teams will be looking for the next Ben Wallace..Tyson Chandler..Ibaka...maybe Biyombo will be the next great rim protector?
jta1975

Unread postby jta1975 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:35 am

fundamentals wrote:
jta1975 wrote:

Game 3 vacation

Luke Walton, welcome to playoff basketball. :lmfao:

Maybe the Celtics are positioning themselves to get Dwight Howard? :hide:

No points in the paint is the theme...irrelevant nonsense gets the micrscope. Maybe only Kobe gets protected from the Raja Bells
jta1975

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu May 05, 2011 11:37 am

Artest should be suspended for what he did.
His transgression only further deepens the Lakers' hole.

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby jta1975 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:40 am

fundamentals wrote:Artest should be suspended for what he did.
His transgression only further deepens the Lakers' hole.

Gasol seems like he already went fishin...
jta1975

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu May 05, 2011 11:59 am

e0y2e3 wrote:If Perk were old I’d get you.

What if Perk was an injury risk?
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:06 pm

I guess my point, to be more succinct is that I 100% believe the Green trade was made as much if not (and probably) more for this year. This is the last run, you throw away a young enforcer for a athletic wing when you are focusing on this year.

Good post defenders and rim protection or not, Perk controls the lane are 100% the hardest thing to find in the NBA. And Chandler is less a rim protector than solid all around defender, FWIW.

And at this point if the Cavs don’t land Kyrie I want Bismack, even if he has to be taken at 2 or 3.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:08 pm

Oh and I said day of the trade (it’s here if you look) that my most obvious theory behind the Perk trade was Boston planning to go after Dewey, hard.

I still think I’m dead on there and find it funny that just now, months later the press is starting to put two and two together…..

They’d rather talk about Paul in NYC than look at what looks to be an obvious set up/move.

And Perk’s injury history is between meh and meh.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA