Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Around the NBA

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Around the NBA

Unread postby jta1975 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:45 pm

The cavs will continue to be talked about, they are our team. This a thread for comments on teams around the league.

The intensity is starting to pick up.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Re: Around the NBA

Unread postby jta1975 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:49 pm

I will start by talking about the Bulls. I watched them destroy the Hawks tonight. This is a young,skilled,energetic team.

Offensively you have no answer for Rose. Boozer scores at will against most post players. Deng has played out of his mind this year. He has been more than a role player for sure.

They play defense and are deep at every position. This team will BEAST for years to come.
jta1975

Unread postby jta1975 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:52 pm

I just saw the replay of Bynum taking out Beasely, he drilled his ass.

You kneed that presence around the hoop. That being said, he probably deserved one game. I don't know about 2 but I guess that is splitting hairs.
jta1975

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:07 pm

Chicago has the PG, Bogans is a defensive minded 2 that doesn't need the ball, Deng has the freakish length that makes him a nice defensive player and an underrated shooter and finisher. Then you get to the bigs. You have an offensive talent that can play on the blocks and shoots a high percentage. Boozer is no slouch on the boards either, and you team him up with a defensive/rebounding force in Noah, that can also quickly put up 10-15-20 points because he moves so well off of Rose's playmaking.

Your bench has the shooter in Korver, a verstitle wing in Brewer, a solid backup big in Gibson, grizzled banger Kurt Thomas. IMO they are the team to beat.

ETA
Rookie coach, but one with plenty of playoff chops and a focus on defense. Nice team.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA