Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavaliers vs. Warriors

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Cavaliers vs. Warriors

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Hollins looked ugly even on the the alley-oop.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Cavaliers vs. Warriors

Unread postby jta1975 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Some guys can break you down with the dribble. Some guys are good passers. The great points do both.

If the Cavs do get the first pick and take the PG from Duke. Baron will be invaluable.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Unread postby jta1975 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:57 pm

The Cavs are finally starting to learn if you play fast you can get some easy shots!!!!
jta1975

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:00 pm

jta1975 wrote:Some guys can break you down with the dribble. Some guys are good passers. The great points do both.

If the Cavs do get the first pick and take the PG from Duke. Baron will be invaluable.

If he doesn't go south and quit. Drives me crazy about guys like Baron is that they can clearly play. But too many times during a season he looks like he doesn't want or he just flat-out doesn't suit up.

Guy could be an asset and a veteran presence. But he could also be a bad influence on a kid depending where BD's own head is.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jta1975 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:03 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jta1975 wrote:Some guys can break you down with the dribble. Some guys are good passers. The great points do both.

If he doesn't go south and quit. Drives me crazy about guys like Baron is that they can clearly play. But too many times during a season he looks like he doesn't want or he just flat-out doesn't suit up.

Guy could be an asset and a veteran presence. But he could also be a bad influence on a kid depending where BD's own head is.

Agreed. It will be his choice what way he goes. He is saying and doing the "right" things right now.

We all look at life differently in our 30s than we did in our 20s. Maybe he has matured. Only time will tell.
jta1975

Unread postby jta1975 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:06 pm

Samardo gets so frustrated when he can't get shots.
jta1975

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:12 pm

jta1975 wrote:Samardo gets so frustrated when he can't get shots.

Hopefully one day he experiences the joy of kicking one of those entry passes back out to an open mate. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jta1975 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:13 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Hopefully one day he experiences the joy of kicking one of those entry passes back out to an open mate. ;-) ;) :wink:

He a big boy. Big appetite. He needs to eat more than the little guys.
jta1975

Unread postby jta1975 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:14 pm

Parker got that shot from Jamison....One hand flip
jta1975

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:15 pm

jta1975 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

What I like best is he ain't a dude to be trifled with. Guy's the first guy in the last six years worth of roster spots that looks like he'd rather hit you in the face than help you up off the floor.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jta1975 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:17 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jta1975 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

What I like best is he ain't a dude to be trifled with. Guy's the first guy in the last six years worth of roster spots that looks like he'd rather hit you in the face than help you up off the floor.

I know. Where was he when we needed him....Rasheed, meet Samardo!
jta1975

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:25 pm

jta1975 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
jta1975 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Leon Powe mighta been that enforcer type but by the time he got from the bench or one end of the court to the other on his bad knees the fight was broken up and the game had ended.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jta1975 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:29 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jta1975 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
jta1975 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Leon Powe mighta been that enforcer type but by the time he got from the bench or one end of the court to the other on his bad knees the fight was broken up and the game had ended.

True.
I will still take Samardo because of his stature. That Dude is solid.
jta1975

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:37 pm

BTW Miami does get beat inside.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:59 am

peeker643 wrote:
jta1975 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I'd think that attribute would carry a lot of weight with a guy like you. But you still don't see him (or anybody else on the current roster) as being a keeper? Not even as an enforcer off the bench? Not even if he promised to flatten TWOA every time we play the Heat? (flex)
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:31 am

Prosecutor wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
jta1975 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I'd think that attribute would carry a lot of weight with a guy like you. But you still don't see him (or anybody else on the current roster) as being a keeper? Not even as an enforcer off the bench? Not even if he promised to flatten TWOA every time we play the Heat? (flex)

He'd be fine in that role but I still don't think you have to keep him. There are other guys out there like that. What I mean by no keepers is there is no one on the roster currently that's not replaceable. I'd be fine keeping a couple guys (like Samuels and Boobie) but you could find guys to serve the enforcer/shooter roles elsewhere too.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 am

For an advanced stats analysis guy Pros sure doesn't know WTF WARP is. This top ten should just head to C-Bus and tattoo replacement level on their foreheads.

But who am I to tell out resident analyst about stats?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:40 am

e0y2e3 wrote:For an advanced stats analysis guy Pros sure doesn't know WTF WARP is. This top ten should just head to C-Bus and tattoo replacement level on their foreheads.

But who am I to tell out resident analyst about stats?

I threw out a few stats last season and all hell broke loose. It quickly became obvious that this crowd feels they know everything they need and want to know about the Cavs by watching them play and don't want to see any statistical analysis, even as a conversation starting point.

That's fine. You guys don't think that stuff adds anything to the conversation, I won't bring it in here anymore. You notice I didn't use any stats in my question to peeker, and I got a solid response.

If somebody else wants to talk about WARP or whatever, I'll join in. But I ain't bringing that shit in here without an invite. I don't need the :spar:
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:34 am

The stat/trend that keeps killing me is this:

JJ Hickson was 2/10 from the floor last night against the Bucks.

5 of those misses were from 16 feet or more, 2 of which were 20+ feet. Not shot clock heaves either. He just actually is dumb enough to think that's a good choice.

I've begun to irrationally hate JJ Hickson. At least I think it's irrational. It might actually be justifiable.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:47 am

Only in Prosecutors world is a bad use of the +/- stat advanced statistical analysis.

Dumber than a fucking door knob.

And I'm not going back to work till Monday so please defend that statement asshat.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:02 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Only in Prosecutors world is a bad use of the +/- stat advanced statistical analysis.

And I'm not going back to work till Monday so please defend that statement asshat.

Please? Didn't know that word was in your vocabulary.

Sorry I can't accommodate you. You may have nothing to do for the next four days but I have a life.

If you're bored why don't you go back to monitoring Kevin Durant's tweets? I'm sure we'd all like to know what's on his mind.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Peeks have you been listening to AC just tear up JJ with his 16 foot off balance fade to the left jump shots.

Love when people have to post their too busy. Best ever was when FUDU said something about banging chicks as his reason for losing an arguement/missing something. It was funny.

IMO the raw/box score stats tell maybe 20% of the story on an individual player/game.
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:25 pm

Orenthal wrote:Peeks have you been listening to AC just tear up JJ with his 16 foot off balance fade to the left jump shots.

Love when people have to post their too busy. Best ever was when FUDU said something about banging chicks as his reason for losing an arguement/missing something. It was funny.

IMO the raw/box score stats tell maybe 20% of the story on an individual player/game.

I think Austin Carr is the JJ Hickson of commentators but yes, I can almost hear him wince every time JJ lifts up from the foul line extended and back.

That amuses me because while Austin Carr has trouble calling the action he certainly knows the game. Jim Chones is even more up front and brutal re: JJ on the radio.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:11 pm

In a round about way tis my point. The ultimate cartoon character, homer, former player, color commentator calling the guy a dumbshit 2-4 times a night???

About once a year the guy strings enough games together to get a few posters to shout, "Yeah see JJ can play. Where are all you haters now."

I just hope Grant doesn't get enamored with what might happen, IMO it doesn't, and doesn't maximize this guy in an offseason trade. Fucking Samuels, limited sample size, has already proven more consistent IMO.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:27 am

Prosecutor wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Only in Prosecutors world is a bad use of the +/- stat advanced statistical analysis.

Sorry I can't accommodate you. You may have nothing to do for the next four days but I have a life.

If you're bored why don't you go back to monitoring Kevin Durant's tweets? I'm sure we'd all like to know what's on his mind.

Straight up Pros - the day you show me a "stastical" analysis I can't beat down is the day my dick falls off.

Come wit it kid. Come wit it.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:08 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
Prosecutor wrote:

Straight up Pros - the day you show me a "stastical" analysis I can't beat down is the day my dick falls off.

Come wit it kid. Come wit it.

Wish I could help but I don't know what "stastical" means. Thanks for the invite, though. Never thought you'd actually ask me to post something (twice), and say "please" as well. Where did I get the idea that you wanted me off this board? I forget. Anyway, have a nice weekend.

Hey, if you want a numbers guy to spar with, Peeker has been throwing out some JJ Hickson stats. Just a thought.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA