Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

NBA Trade Deadline

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:25 am

Next Thursday afternoon. Does anyone see any deals happening for the Cavs? There's very little chatter out there right now from NBA writers.

I'd like to get an expiring for Jamison but that probably isn't realistic with an impending lockout and his huge salary next year. Plus, he might have legitimate value a year from now when he's an expiring himself. Mo's untradeable but I would think we'd be able to get a second rounder for Parker. And for that trade exception, we need to pick up another first rounder with it but I don't see a deal out there right now. I'd imagine Charlotte wouldn't be too keen on giving up a first rounder to dump Wallace while they're in a playoff race. The Cavs might just have to wait until the summer (if you're even allowed to trade this summer).
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
User avatar
Kingpin74
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:11 pm
Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:45 am

AJ will surely go, suuuuurely.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9204
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Any relation to the flame throwing kingpin?
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:08 pm

Ziner wrote:Any relation to the flame throwing kingpin?



That's what I was wondering. Even if it's the same dude, this thread is reasonable, so it's all good.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:17 pm

The little ESPN blurb says the Celts are looking at a move for Cavs' swingman, Anthony Parker.

Better get on RCF and see what W&G has to say. This will be almost as exciting as the Amare talks were.
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:21 pm

dmiles wrote:The little ESPN blurb says the Celts are looking at a move for Cavs' swingman, Anthony Parker.

Better get on RCF and see what W&G has to say. This will be almost as exciting as the Amare talks were.



You don't make a move like this unless Rondo is sent our way. :hide:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22782
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Ziner wrote:Any relation to the flame throwing kingpin?


Probably not. This Kingpin has been here awhile. When I first saw him post I wondered, but as you saw the real deal could be told in post #1.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Haha, I don't know who the flame throwing kingpin is but my name originates from my affinity for Roy Munson and Big Ern McCracken when I created my first AOL screen name in 1996.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
User avatar
Kingpin74
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:11 pm
Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:20 pm

Kingpin74 wrote:Haha, I don't know who the flame throwing kingpin is but my name originates from my affinity for Roy Munson and Big Ern McCracken when I created my first AOL screen name in 1996.



If you are curious stop over to the NHB section, you can see a fine example of his work.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Holy crap. That's a nice haul for someone you are likely losing anyway unless a franchise tag comes.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... hony-deal/

The Nets would send rookie Derrick Favors, point guard Devin Harris, forward Troy Murphy with his expiring $11.9 million contract, rookie guard Ben Uzoh, and four first-round draft picks to the Nuggets for Anthony, point guard Chauncey Billups, forwards Renaldo Balkman and Shelden Williams, and center Melvin Ely.

The Nets would surrender their first-round pick for June’s NBA Draft along with a pair of 2012 picks (a protected-to-18 pick received from the Lakers and a protected-to-7 pick from the Warriors), and a 2011 lottery-protected Rockets pick.


In Cavs news it appears Bulls and Celts are interested in AP

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ny-parker/
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:05 pm

Ziner wrote:
Kingpin74 wrote:Haha, I don't know who the flame throwing kingpin is but my name originates from my affinity for Roy Munson and Big Ern McCracken when I created my first AOL screen name in 1996.



If you are curious stop over to the NHB section, you can see a fine example of his work.


There is a museum at tOBR unless the constant changes in forums has eliminated his work. Really i quite amusing at a distance.

Also this Anthony stuff may still need our TPE.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:27 pm

So if the massive bidding war for AP that is surely coming comes down to Derek Rose or Rondo/Perkins, which would you rather have?
StewieG
 
Posts: 4043
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:20 pm

StewieG wrote:So if the massive bidding war for AP that is surely coming comes down to Derek Rose or Rondo/Perkins, which would you rather have?


You have to go Rose there. For the simple reason JJ Hickson would likely be killed if Rondo came here. And people in the first three rows would be dodging the deflections of JJ's dome all night if he wasn't killed.

It'd be a nightmare of epic proportion watching Rondo try and make any of these Cavs better. At least Rose can do a lot of it himself.

I dsqualified the Perkins part btw. He'd either Jim Chones his ankle or Mel Turpin his body to the point it was useless. Bad scene either way.

:thumb up: :hide:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22782
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:09 pm

peeker643 wrote:
StewieG wrote:So if the massive bidding war for AP that is surely coming comes down to Derek Rose or Rondo/Perkins, which would you rather have?


You have to go Rose there. For the simple reason JJ Hickson would likely be killed if Rondo came here. And people in the first three rows would be dodging the deflections of JJ's dome all night if he wasn't killed.

It'd be a nightmare of epic proportion watching Rondo try and make any of these Cavs better. At least Rose can do a lot of it himself.

I dsqualified the Perkins part btw. He'd either Jim Chones his ankle or Mel Turpin his body to the point it was useless. Bad scene either way.

:thumb up: :hide:


In that case maybe we should hold out for Garnett so his knees would explode, and we wouldn't have to hear from that fucker ever again?
StewieG
 
Posts: 4043
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:12 pm

StewieG wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
StewieG wrote:So if the massive bidding war for AP that is surely coming comes down to Derek Rose or Rondo/Perkins, which would you rather have?


You have to go Rose there. For the simple reason JJ Hickson would likely be killed if Rondo came here. And people in the first three rows would be dodging the deflections of JJ's dome all night if he wasn't killed.

It'd be a nightmare of epic proportion watching Rondo try and make any of these Cavs better. At least Rose can do a lot of it himself.

I dsqualified the Perkins part btw. He'd either Jim Chones his ankle or Mel Turpin his body to the point it was useless. Bad scene either way.

:thumb up: :hide:


In that case maybe we should hold out for Garnett so his knees would explode, and we wouldn't have to hear from that fucker ever again?


Perfect. That's how we do it here. :thumb up:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22782
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson


Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests