Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

TMLP Continues to be Exposed

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

TMLP Continues to be Exposed

Unread postby swerb » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:05 pm

http://deadspin.com/5751996/dan-gilbert ... of-quicken

Not sure if the Quicken employees are going to win this lawsuit, but I can tell you that their allegations are absolutely 100% true.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: TMLP Continues to be Exposed

Unread postby swerb » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:11 pm

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:54 pm

Cue Gilbert apologist - Me

The first article is so obviously dripping with venom I cannot take it seriously. The second has this in one of the first paragraphs:

"Surveys rank Quicken as the No. 1 home lender for customer satisfaction and as one of America’s best places to work. Quicken’s success, Gilbert says, is “driven by our special culture . . . Our people bring their ‘A’ game with them to work every day.”"

Yes a few disgruntled employees have browught a suit against the company they used to work for. Wake me up when that isn't the case for an employer with more then 10 people.

Still more:
"Managers urged salespeople to boost their commissions by “locking the customer into a higher interest rate, even if they qualified for a lower rate, and rolling hidden fees into the loan,”..."

When buying my care at Metro Toyota I was quoted what I thought to be too high a rate. I told them I knew my credit was 800 plus, that I was about to walk to my bank and just do it through them instead of TFS, 15 minutes later somehow they managed to make the rate better through the same place (TFS) who was previously high. Metro has a great reputation also, but IMO businesses like that, even the saintly ones try to pull that shit off...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby MikeCheckGW » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Orenthal wrote:Cue Gilbert apologist - Me

The first article is so obviously dripping with venom I cannot take it seriously. The second has this in one of the first paragraphs:

"Surveys rank Quicken as the No. 1 home lender for customer satisfaction and as one of America’s best places to work. Quicken’s success, Gilbert says, is “driven by our special culture . . . Our people bring their ‘A’ game with them to work every day.”"

Yes a few disgruntled employees have browught a suit against the company they used to work for. Wake me up when that isn't the case for an employer with more then 10 people.

Still more:
"Managers urged salespeople to boost their commissions by “locking the customer into a higher interest rate, even if they qualified for a lower rate, and rolling hidden fees into the loan,”..."

When buying my care at Metro Toyota I was quoted what I thought to be too high a rate. I told them I knew my credit was 800 plus, that I was about to walk to my bank and just do it through them instead of TFS, 15 minutes later somehow they managed to make the rate better through the same place (TFS) who was previously high. Metro has a great reputation also, but IMO businesses like that, even the saintly ones try to pull that shit off...

Couldn't agree more.
MikeCheck

Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
MikeCheckGW

Favorite Player: Asdrubal
Least Favorite Player: LBJ

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA