Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Benz=Rack it

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Benz=Rack it

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Perfect article. Sums up almost everything I was feeling between last night and this morning. Excellent job, sir.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Benz=Rack it

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:01 pm

gotribe31 wrote:Perfect article. Sums up almost everything I was feeling between last night and this morning. Excellent job, sir.

Agreed. Although I didn't really give a shit about the powder toss. But I feel worse today than on July 9th. Back then, it was only one person that had quit on Cleveland the day before.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:35 pm

Larry Legend would have told LeBron to take his hand shake and shove it up his ass (Larry actually did do that once to a team mate, a team mate that left through no cause of his own via trade even). Then Larry would have dropped 45 on him, and if not he would have made sure LeBron woke up this morning more sore than he has ever been.

The NBA in general is nothing but pussies when it comes to a true competitive spirit against their opponent. They'd all suck each others balls if given the chance.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:45 pm

BTW I didn't catch this last night, I can only hope it is as sincere and true to what I think was said, if so gotta give Mo his props.

FUDU

Unread postby daddywags » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:19 pm

I could be completely off base, but (as I said to my family last night) I think Mo was the only guy on our team who gave a rip yesterday. And I didn't see the clip you posted, either. He didn't play well, but he didn't lay down, either. The rest of the guys played more or less like they wanted to be picked next to go to South Beach or whatever the hell it's called.
daddywags

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:47 pm

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:37 pm

I read that. I don't know, are you buying it?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby pup » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:40 pm

daddywags wrote:I could be completely off base, but (as I said to my family last night) I think Mo was the only guy on our team who gave a rip yesterday. And I didn't see the clip you posted, either. He didn't play well, but he didn't lay down, either. The rest of the guys played more or less like they wanted to be picked next to go to South Beach or whatever the hell it's called.

Like I said before the game in that thread, if Mo was treating this like a big game, we were in a boatload of trouble.

And Boobie, STFU. You got punked and are trying to save face 24 hours later.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Great piece by Benz.

New respect from Mo. The rest of these assholes on this team are dead to me. If they don't care, why the F should I?

Looked like the fucking Washington Generals playing the Globetrotters.

God damn disgrace to the city.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby papacass » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Got to get some players on this team that don't get angry just thinking about LeBron. As long as this cast of leftovers comprises the Cavs roster, LeBron's vapor trail is going to be all over that locker room.

All the more reason to clean house.

And FTR, the Cavs allegedly quitting last night bothers me a lot less than the fact that they still wouldn't have won even if they had played their asses off for 48 minutes. Because the Heat are really talented and the Cavs really suck.

AFAIC, 118-113 isn't any more of a moral victory than 118-90.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby pup » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:36 pm

papacass wrote:Got to get some players on this team that don't get angry just thinking about LeBron. As long as this cast of leftovers comprises the Cavs roster, LeBron's vapor trail is going to be all over that locker room.

All the more reason to clean house.

And FTR, the Cavs allegedly quitting last night bothers me a lot less than the fact that they still wouldn't have won even if they had played their asses off for 48 minutes. Because the Heat are really talented and the Cavs really suck.

AFAIC, 118-113 isn't any more of a moral victory than 118-90.

Kind of remind me of the 2009-2010 NY Knicks :hide:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:09 am

motherscratcher wrote:

We really don't know everything that was said between the players. Some of it may not have been friendly.

I have a higher regard for Dan Gibson than probably anyone else in the team. I'd like to buy what he's saying.

Either way the warning is out. Be ready for this side of LeBron every single time he comes back to the Q. He's going to give no quarter in this building, ever.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:20 am

hermanfontenot wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

We really don't know everything that was said between the players. Some of it may not have been friendly.

I have a higher regard for Dan Gibson than probably anyone else in the team. I'd like to buy what he's saying.

Either way the warning is out. Be ready for this side of LeBron every single time he comes back to the Q. He's going to give no quarter in this building, ever.

Well, I'm telling you that from my persepective there was very little malice and badassedness in the hugs and the handshakes.

And all it woulda taken if the bench didn't appreciate tWoA standing in front of them and chirping was for one of them to quit smiling and talking and stand up. Gibson included.

Guess the give no quarter in The Q started after last season's Game 2 of the ECSF. He gave enough there and afterward to last a lifetime.

The Heat is talented but soft as hell. And the Cavs are softer than Miami with Joey Graham a key component. Recipe for disaster going in. Still no need to be a bitch. And regardless of what Gibson says that's sure as hell what it looked like to me and a record TNT audience.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:10 am

I'm done raking leaves for the year. If Boobie needs something else to cover his ass with, he can borrow my tarp.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby dpdad » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:15 am

This is nothing more than damage control by the Cavs. The front office must have received a lot of grief from season ticket holders after the embarassment by the Heat. Now Gilbert and the players are spinning wildly to limit the damage. But a large part of the fan base is gone.
dpdad

Unread postby jack_tors » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:19 am

Nice article by Benz. Really enjoyed it as I do the majority of writers on this board.

On a side note, if you want to root for a winner, root for a team with heart, then start watching Cleveland State. 9-0 for the first time in school history and the first school to 9 wins. Tickets are cheap and this is a team that knows how to overcome adversity. CSU goes for it 10 straight win tonight in Milwaukee. Watch here for free :

http://www.horizonleague.org/cleveland-state.html
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA