Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

This week's Raab

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

This week's Raab

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:13 pm

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: This week's Raab

Unread postby swerb » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:33 pm

LeBron James is going to get an earful of unholy hell on Thursday night. There are a couple of crusades to keep it clean — Laugh At LeBron is one, @Cavs_Chants another — but that keeping it clean is not what my home town does best. I sat in the Dawg Pound at Cleveland Browns Stadium this past Sunday, and the kindest cheer I heard was "Break his legs!" — and that was a young man urging the Panthers' defense to maim Jake Delhomme, the home team's feckless QB. The Whore of Akron is in for a real treat.

That is excellent.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:42 pm

swerb wrote:
LeBron James is going to get an earful of unholy hell on Thursday night. There are a couple of crusades to keep it clean — Laugh At LeBron is one, @Cavs_Chants another — but that keeping it clean is not what my home town does best. I sat in the Dawg Pound at Cleveland Browns Stadium this past Sunday, and the kindest cheer I heard was "Break his legs!" — and that was a young man urging the Panthers' defense to maim Jake Delhomme, the home team's feckless QB. The Whore of Akron is in for a real treat.

That is excellent.

alright, I have to know, what's the best story of Cleveland getting ugly?

I've read several stories of Steeler fans being put in piss troughs, their jerseys taken off and light on fire, and of course, Elway and the batteries in the pound.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby papacass » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:47 pm

LeBron heads into Thursday's game thinking all things shall pass, the fans will boo, they'll get it out of their system and the next trip to Cleveland will be just another game.

LeBron leaves Thursday's game with a burning, lifelong hatred of anything that has to do with Cleveland. When people make enemies of us, we're really good at upping the ante.

Should have faked that stomach flu and stayed home, Bron.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby DrPoove » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:38 am

papacass wrote:LeBron heads into Thursday's game thinking all things shall pass, the fans will boo, they'll get it out of their system and the next trip to Cleveland will be just another game.

LeBron leaves Thursday's game with a burning, lifelong hatred of anything that has to do with Cleveland. When people make enemies of us, we're really good at upping the ante.

Should have faked that stomach flu and stayed home, Bron.

The assclown rethought things and is NOT bringing his family to the game, right?

I mean that's just asking for trouble.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby jb » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:50 am

swerb wrote:

That is excellent.

Went to the celts game last night.

This just in: these zombie Cavs blow. A bunch of undersized interior players and only AV can move, a disinterested JJ, and a bunch of perimeter jump shooters who aren't good shooters. Borderline unwatchable. And the green jerseys that used to populate the Coleseum in the 80's are back in effect. There is no reason to watch or get involved in this team until they have the brains / balls to blow it up. You can already see Rome burning in the crowd apathy and toned down presentation. Woodstock is over.

But what always strikes me is how many families and kids there are. It just ins't going to get nasty and beyond some sniffling and PG 13 comments and booing. Just won't be all that nasty as Bron hans 80 and points at Gilbert ala Reggie & Spike.

Again,this is why the power sthat be need to just give us loonies the NFL and STFU. You can't family up the NFL and strip clubs like Hiko say. Want family pro sports/ NBA is fantastic. MLB is even better.

But you won't get a Brown's crowd reaction. You may get some polite boos mixed in with more cheers than you think. You might get some Chief Wahoo-type protester freak shows outside the Q that ESPN will hype the crap out of and exaggerate. Probably led by some doosh like Maxwell.

Not enough time to get drunk beforehand plus there's metal deteactors, but mainly because 25% of those attending are < 15 years old, the rest are the kids affluent white parents or buisiness types who will spend the game at Bar Symon anyway, and the urban African-Americans who sprinkle the upper bowl will be freaking wearing number 6 Heat jerseys cheering tWoA, not booing him. There is a near OJ-esque class fault line on tWoA.

This will be much ado about nada.
jb

Unread postby swerb » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:58 am

I don't know JB.

Consider this. The Cavs have over 14,000 season ticket holders for this season. 3rd most in the entire league. The entire lower bowl.

Aside from the diehards that buy em to go to every game, or businesses that buy em and give em away (no kids in those seasts though) ... all the rest of those people are getting their clocks cleaned on those investments this year. Seats for non marquee games are going for like half of face value, if at all.

Every season ticket holder I know sold their seats to some crazy person. And you gotta be either crazy or loaded to pay what you gotta pay to get down in shouting distance for this one tomorrow night.

Not gonna be as crazy as the national media is hyping. But it ain't gonna be Swiss Family Robinson either.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:14 am

I think IF the Cavs can keep it close and remain competetive throughout the game, it'll be relatively tame down there. Should the Cavs get blown out early on and the crowd becomes bored w/ what they see is when it'll turn towards what you would see in old Muni. Idle hands are the devil's workshop and all.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:19 am

swerb wrote:I don't know JB.

Consider this. The Cavs have over 14,000 season ticket holders for this season. 3rd most in the entire league. The entire lower bowl.

Aside from the diehards that buy em to go to every game, or businesses that buy em and give em away (no kids in those seasts though) ... all the rest of those people are getting their clocks cleaned on those investments this year. Seats for non marquee games are going for like half of face value, if at all.

Every season ticket holder I know sold their seats to some crazy person. And you gotta be either crazy or loaded to pay what you gotta pay to get down in shouting distance for this one tomorrow night.

Not gonna be as crazy as the national media is hyping. But it ain't gonna be Swiss Family Robinson either.

If the crowd I saw was the result of flash exchanges on margin and give-a-ways, and I have no reason to question you, then I get it. I defer.

Unleash hell (to coin a phrase).
jb

Unread postby swerb » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:29 am

I looked yesterday online ... you could get seats below face for last nights game.

Tomorrow? 2-4x face.

Again, to get down low - rich or crazy.

Or rich and crazy. Those are the craziest mf'ers out there. The ones that laugh in the face of bail money.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby jb » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:31 am

swerb wrote:I looked yesterday online ... you could get seats below face for last nights game.

Tomorrow? 2-4x face.

Again, to get down low - rich or crazy.

Or rich and crazy. Those are the craziest mf'ers out there. The ones that laugh in the face of bail money.

Well then, I hope 14K Menendez Bros, Phil Spectors and Robbie Blakes ring the joint.

Not literally, of course, but crazy rich like that.
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:52 am

They are doing exactly the worst case many spelled out here, hovering .500. Not winning enough/good enough to be a second round team. Not losing enough for them to throw in the towel. At this point, and this is counter to my earler fanboy status, I just don't see teams letting enough go, or what tradable assets we have on lockout eve that will intice anyone.

This is a lost season to be sure, and we shall see what the lockout brings.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:54 am

^I still hate Hickson. Wish he could have been traded at the height of his value 2 games into the season. I'm thinking guy just isn't smart (IQ&basketball) and will never pick it up...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby jb » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:04 am

Orenthal wrote:^I still hate Hickson. Wish he could have been traded at the height of his value 2 games into the season...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

"I said, "you must be joking, son. Where did you get those shoes?""- Don Fagan

Last night he was like Keith Lee disinterested for stretches and had the shot confidence of a rookie Shannon Brown.
jb

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA