Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Trade Exception targets

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Trade Exception targets

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:37 pm

I'm still a little angry we didn't try harder for Al Jefferson but I was curious who people thought our eventual targets might be. I think if his health checks out(big if), Arenas might be worth consideration. He has to behave now and Washington would probably take any bad contract we didn't want and throw in a couple first round picks.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: Trade Exception targets

Unread postby papacass » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:56 pm

Let's not trade for the guy who David Stern hates more than any man on the planet. With a bad contract and bad knees to boot. Unwise investment.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Re: Trade Exception targets

Unread postby JJN » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Depends on how many picks/talents they are willing to send with Arenas. Seeing as how they are rebuilding, I dunno what they would be willing to send. RIPs contract is pretty bad, but they have some picks and talent (Daye/Monroe) that they could use.

The real question is whether we use the exception to pick up a stud or to absorb a bad contract with picks and young talent. I would much prefer the latter route. No one player we can get is going to make us as competitive as LBJ did, so its better to just grab as many talents as possible and see what develops. Hopefully D-Gil realizes this, but you have to have some ego to make as much money as he did, so who the hell knows.
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA